The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

I agree, although it does seem odd to make public an offer that is only for the Members.

Unless. they, for whatever reason, believe this will entice folk to apply to become a Member. 

Not at £9 for a cup of tea it won't.

I cant say it's something i'm interested in, but there are obviously some who have been asking for this to return. To then charge them £150 for something that used to be included in their membership is a bit of a slap in the face.

They mention that they need a minimum number to cover cost and make it viable, so why not offer it to everyone rather than just members. Surely the more people that sign up the more the cost is spread and the lower the price would be. And the lower the price, the more people will sign up 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I agree, although it does seem odd to make public an offer that is only for the Members.

Unless. they, for whatever reason, believe this will entice folk to apply to become a Member. 

Aye. In all honesty, it’s a bit of a quaint and needless outlier to be dishing out tea and cakes at half-time. I don’t think members are any more entitled to a heat and a French fancy than any other punter. If you’re going to piss away nine quid per game, just do it at the extortionate pie stall like anyone else. 

CBA trawling through loads of posts on team news, but what’s the latest with the stadium? Any progress building south or north sides? Or “fixing” west? Are you still intending to play at Lesser next season or is big Hampden looking like a more permanent thing ( in which case I assume there would be no more work required as lesser)?

3 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

CBA trawling through loads of posts on team news, but what’s the latest with the stadium? Any progress building south or north sides? Or “fixing” west? Are you still intending to play at Lesser next season or is big Hampden looking like a more permanent thing ( in which case I assume there would be no more work required as lesser)?

All good questions.  Answers on a postcard to the committee who don't seem to know. 

Ok, I will assume all the regular posters are still hitchhiking back from Wales. I watched the game on TV and while I accept that Bala are a few levels below the Scottish Championship, I still thought it was a solid performance. Some slick passing but the final ball was not quite there. Pretty much the same as most of our games. Despite that, I feel the team is slowly coming together and may yet prove to be capable of mounting a decent promotion challenge again.

Random thoughts -

We were well in control against Bala but, yip, I agree that we fell a bit short when it came to the final ball. I did see a good bit more in Jack Turner; very pleased he scored.

It's a different game for most of these lads and it'll take a while yet to bed it all in.

I watched the Bala game yesterday and the commentators were full of praise for the way we played.  I was impressed too.

Jack Thomson looks a natural at centre back in all honesty. He’s an excellent midfielder at this level but doesn’t seem to possess the goals to really reach the next level at this moment which is frustrating as he’s fantastic driving through the midfield and one of our most intelligent players on the ball. The biggest factor in Thomson playing centre back is that it seems to have sparked life into Jack turner now. Once Thomson moved back against Raith, Turner played a more advanced role and has now scored 2 in his last 2 and seems to be involved in the game a lot more frequently. We badly need goals from midfield so it’s a promising sign 

Edited by qpfc

You’d surely like to think Veldman and Beuker are still trying to add a couple players this month. I thought since there was a 14 day period between league matches that we would have maybe had a new signing for tomorrow. Depth was an issue for me last season but it’s considerably lighter nowadays and already seems an issue. Although I didn’t think he was championship ready as of yet, still think loaning Williamson out to Cove was a stupid decision.