The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I may be in a minority but I’m quite gutted to see Beuker depart so soon. There was a whole plan in place to ensure that the foundations were set for the club’s stability playing at a moderately decent level ( ie championship level and above) for years to come beyond Haughey’s 10 years of funding

Granted this season hasn’t been great by any means and I’ve highlighted my frustrations on here with certain aspects of recruitment and squad depth but in no way was Beuker ever the primary issue nor did I want him gone from the club. I think other aspects from the club regarding the stadium shambles and the shocking lack of engagement with supporters has amplified any sort of perceived error that Beuker may make now things aren’t as rosy on the pitch.

I want the club to follow in the same direction as they were doing. Maybe not as rigid and as quickly as we’re attempting to this season, but we have to still align with giving youth a pathway if we’re to have any chance of being a competitive full time side for the next 10/15 years 

22 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I may be in a minority but I’m quite gutted to see Beuker depart so soon. There was a whole plan in place to ensure that the foundations were set for the club’s stability playing at a moderately decent level ( ie championship level and above) for years to come beyond Haughey’s 10 years of funding

Granted this season hasn’t been great by any means and I’ve highlighted my frustrations on here with certain aspects of recruitment and squad depth but in no way was Beuker ever the primary issue nor did I want him gone from the club. I think other aspects from the club regarding the stadium shambles and the shocking lack of engagement with supporters has amplified any sort of perceived error that Beuker may make now things aren’t as rosy on the pitch.

I want the club to follow in the same direction as they were doing. Maybe not as rigid and as quickly as we’re attempting to this season, but we have to still align with giving youth a pathway if we’re to have any chance of being a competitive full time side for the next 10/15 years 

Sad that he is going but perhaps not gutted given how the "project" has been applied a little more zealously than I expected which has left our team of very talented but inexperienced boys struggling in a league very much for men.   Most fans I speak to talk about the need for an experienced spine at centre back, midfield and a veteran striker we can bring on off the bench.  Get that right then I think the squad we have would fly.  A few canny loan signings and short term deals in January might plug that gap, assuming Veldman (1) agrees that is needed and (2) is allowed to do it.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

1 minute ago, Diamond1924 said:

Gretna, of course, famous for also having 16 fans and buying “success”. 

The thing is, if we’d really wanted to do what Gretna did, we’d already be sitting mid-table in the Prem. The guy bankrolling us can afford it. They were buying experienced players directly from Dundee United and Aberdeen. We’re signing kids who’ve never played meaningful football. 

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

An Airdrie fan crowd wanking is some laugh. Your average attendance is 200 more than ours, and that's with us being shite while you have your best season in decades, having played one game where the capacity was limited to 900 odd, and being yet to play Dundee United at home.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I

The future of this programme is entirely dependent on Haughey now. Twist or stick. Our club, our committee neither have the money, nor the will, nor the talent off the pitch to sustain this.

The earlier comment about Beuker leaving because of the lack of ambition in the boardroom is entirely believable. Let’s not forget the original objectives of the committee, who’s current make-up is largely as it was in 2019….avoid the trapdoor, stabilise in the upper first division. Anything above that came from other sources.

It's not only Beuker that left because of the committee's lack of ambition, but I'd put Owen Coyle in that category too.

This sums up our club's failings off the park. It's simply down to an amateur committee.

Fans on here quite rightly express their opinions on Queens seriously aspiring to get to the Premiership, that's never been my own belief. As BYOS says above , the objective of not only the committee but also of Haughey, was to avoid the trap door and stabilise in the upper first division. Owen Coyle created a "meltdown" in the committee's plans by showing how good management could allow us to dream beyond their abilities to rebuild Lesser.

In all the talk of compensation for Beuker going, I would imagine the committee's main plan now is to erect a covered walkway from the Club offices direct to their "Vanity Bunker" so that their blazers don't get wet.

As for the rest of us............well we all know what they think of those outside their own inner circle.

35 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

...... but surely your current existence and "success" was effectively bought when Ballantyne bought Clydebank....... No?

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC2

According to this you are only averaging 100 more fans than us so take a walk with yer crowdw@nking buddy.

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

I may be in a minority but I’m quite gutted to see Beuker depart

I don't think you're in the minority. His recruitment so far this season has been off the mark but could have been rectified in January. I'm sad to see him go too. I'd rather have him stay and fix this mess we're in but as I said before, he had already left when his name departed from Van Gaal's lips. 

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I don't think you're in the minority. His recruitment so far this season has been off the mark but could have been rectified in January. I'm sad to see him go too. I'd rather have him stay and fix this mess we're in but as I said before, he had already left when his name departed from Van Gaal's lips. 

Yeah, I don't think your in the minority at all. This season is proving harder than last and I do think the squad construction left us very undercooked for this level, but Beuker's job was ultimately much bigger than one season. I worry whether the structure he's put in place are embedded enough, and if whoever makes the football decisions now will be able to resist pulling it up by the roots to check that it is growing. With Beuker we had a plan, with questions about the execution. I think we all want to know if we still have a plan.

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

Also quite gutted that he's gone. I am now wondering if he's going to be replaced with another Director of Football Operations or whether we'll return to a more 'traditional 'Scottish set-up.

Whichever it is, I hope the academy continues in the way he intended and that we reap the rewards in years to come. 

Personally, I feel that it would be really disappointing if the "dent in the universe" was down-graded to a scuffed bumper en route to the launch-pad !