The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I've mentioned his name previously on this thread, but I still think Tam Courts would be a decent appointment assuming he's given a bit of backing in January. The issues aren't purely due to the manager, the squad is simply not good enough either. 

10 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

There's a bitter irony in that the real architect of this shitshow has skipped the  scene of the crime for Ajax. I presume a club like Ajax will give Beuker nothing like the amount of power he was given here. I thought QPmight have kept Veldman but in a strictly academy role. Not nice to see someone lose their job but something had to be done to arrest this decline. Thing is, whover comes in will have the exact same playing squad and that needs urgent repair.

Beuker’s new role is specifically about building the structure through the club needed for the youth development. No budget, no contracts, no recruitment responsibilities. Says a lot. 

How easy our lot were to mug off with his “dent in the universe” speech.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A couple of months ago I’d have said Ian McCall would’ve been a shoe in for this one. 

It’s hard to guess what the process actually was/is at the club. Went from a hugely experienced manager in Owen Coyle to someone who, despite coaching at a high level in Europe, had zero knowledge of the game here and it showed. Both managers tried to play a good style of football but with Veldman it looked like he was asking his players to do things they plainly weren’t capable of. I’m basing this purely on the 5-2 game and the first half of the game at Somerset so might be way off but that was my assessment. 

That’s a fair analysis.

All that’s missing is the influence of the (now departed) director of football on the above.

That is an amazing statement.  No thanks, no "wishing well", no details.  That's one of the coldest club statement's I've read in quite some time.

"Queen's Park would advise that Head Coach Robin Veldman has left the club following this afternoon's match with Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Further information will be issued by the club in the coming days."

We need some clear comms about who will be making the next set of decisions. Beuker and Veldman gone leaves a gaping hole over the whole football side of the club. If we’re still aiming to ‘stick to the model’ then our first team manager has to be aligned to whatever the youth teams are doing, and whoever the DoF is (if we continue having that role?).

Today was the correct decision but I’ve got so little confidence in the decision makers at the club that I’ve got the fear we go for someone horrific from the usual manager merry-go-round.

Edited by Spiders For Life

Dempster sacked McKinnon and hired Ellis. Dempster was the architect of the “project” which is now over. Dempster allowed conditions to develop that led to Owen Coyle leaving and Robin Veldman coming in. Could write several paragraphs on Lesser Hampden and lack of communication. Her position is untenable.

The committee have proven to be toothless and disinterested in the concerns of fans. They want to be having a look at what they’re contributing, or indeed not contributing. A complete shitshow. Veldman had to go, that’s pretty clear. He’s a symptom of a much bigger problem, though. We’ve blown a massive opportunity to grow something here and it’s so fucking depressing. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That is an amazing statement.  No thanks, no "wishing well", no details.  That's one of the coldest club statement's I've read in quite some time.

"Queen's Park would advise that Head Coach Robin Veldman has left the club following this afternoon's match with Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Further information will be issued by the club in the coming days."

Maybe he sacked QP?

10 minutes ago, an86 said:

Dempster sacked McKinnon and hired Ellis. Dempster was the architect of the “project” which is now over. Dempster allowed conditions to develop that led to Owen Coyle leaving and Robin Veldman coming in. Could write several paragraphs on Lesser Hampden and lack of communication. Her position is untenable.

The committee have proven to be toothless and disinterested in the concerns of fans. They want to be having a look at what they’re contributing, or indeed not contributing. A complete shitshow. Veldman had to go, that’s pretty clear. He’s a symptom of a much bigger problem, though. We’ve blown a massive opportunity to grow something here and it’s so fucking depressing. 

If I’ve joined the dots right, Dempster is the agent provocateur for Haughey. The collapse of Queen’s Park Football Club Limited would suit them both. 

Some amount of money pissed against a wall. Guy is on a three year deal. Beuker compo money probably going straight into Veldman’s pocket. Genuinely the worst run club in the country. An absolute fucking shambles.