The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

58 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Pretty sure IM is gonna have options in the Premiership soon enough...either with Raith or where ever.

To be fair I only used Murray as an example as bait for you sir/madam.  I am with Zanetti however in that I believe money talks. Another however, however is that I'm not sure if we have any.

Edited by Tangled web

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

To be blunt, I think a manager without a job would jump at this. Of course, Jack Ross didn't, but how did that work out for him?

On one level, pretty well. He’s in a low pressure, probably high paid job at a club that’s flinging Saudi money around. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

That’s where I think you’re wrong. Hampden isn’t the solution, it’s part of the problem. The club faces a decision, Lesser Hampden is either a ridiculous white elephant, in which case all the monies spent there are effectively lost, or their home, in which case QP is a League One/Two club.

Either way, you face a lack a the stability any competent and interesting manager would look for in a speculative job…and don’t under-estimate that, QPFC is a speculative job, nothing is assured.

Lesser Hampden, with a demolished/reworked Royal Box, could conceivably work as a Championship stadia, but as is it simply isn’t suitable to purpose. If you are a manager, are you willing to move to a team with no home? The clusterf**k that is using Hampden for home matches simply can’t continue.

The SFA already has commented on the increasing fixture load and need for facilities. Could it be QPFC will resume wandering next year because the SFA decline to allow use of Hampden and after selling Lesser to the SFA? I think it’s a genuine possibility, as the clubs leadership doesn’t seem to have a clue.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, I just truly do not believe it's going to factor into anyone making a decision on whether to apply for or accept the job if they believe they can work with the squad and decision-makers at the club, and are promised resources.

25 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I think Brown went to Fleetwood knowing the owner was going to get done for fraud, so I think he (and many like him) can handle a bit of disfunction. This is an attractive gig.

Aye, going into this your main instruction to your agent is to make sure your covered when the shit comes and you’ll walk with a big fat C̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ bank transfer

8 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

To be blunt, I think a manager without a job would jump at this. Of course, Jack Ross didn't, but how did that work out for him?

8 hours ago, an86 said:

On one level, pretty well. He’s in a low pressure, probably high paid job at a club that’s flinging Saudi money around. 

Jack Ross admitted a while ago he doesnt want to be a manager as you generally end up having moving to some other part of the UK every few years. He wanted a smore settled job and got one earning a fortune, near where he wants to live, and is all but guaranteed he cant get sacked from.

The idea hes somehow "missed out", by not managing an absolute rabble of a club who seem to change philosophy every few years and have a worse stadium than some 4th tier sides is a bit wild.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Good point. I was thinking more about that walk across the pitch after Celtic had pumped United 9-0 or whatever it was at Tannadice. 

7 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

in the absence of any info... who do we think would take the team on Saturday if nobody is appointed? O'Ware (assuming he can get the day off from Kelty)? Nuijten? McIntyre? 

The vacuum is unacceptable. It doesn’t even require the new manager to be named. Just tell us who is taking training and a vague anticipated timescale. A club devoid of leadership. Two sentences on Saturday and f**k all. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Once again, not lack but complete absence of communication, transparency, and accountability from the club is incredibly frustrating. 

It could be that the said absence of communication is due to the final t&c's being agreed with their preferred first choice replacement.

8 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

It could be that the said absence of communication is due to the final t&c's being agreed with their preferred first choice replacement.

That's not what I mean. I completely understand permanent recruitment negotiations not being made public at this stage. I meant the absence of communication from the club about Beuker's & Veldman's departure. Did the club get any compensation from Ajax? If yes, how much? Did Veldman resign or was he fired? If so, is he getting any compensation/severance? Are there any temporary assignments as regards to who will be taking the team to Morton this Saturday? 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

in the absence of any info... who do we think would take the team on Saturday if nobody is appointed? O'Ware (assuming he can get the day off from Kelty)? Nuijten? McIntyre? 

Nuijten taking training so would assume if no manager in for Saturday it will be him.

58 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

That's not what I mean. I completely understand permanent recruitment negotiations not being made public at this stage. I meant the absence of communication from the club about Beuker's & Veldman's departure. Did the club get any compensation from Ajax? If yes, how much? Did Veldman resign or was he fired? If so, is he getting any compensation/severance? Are there any temporary assignments as regards to who will be taking the team to Morton this Saturday? 

I agree some kind of comms on interim arrangements would be good. However is it not possible that whether any compensation was paid / received and the relevant amounts are subject to some kind of confidentiality clause?

On Saturday evening when it was announced he had left the club, the statement said further information would be given in the coming days.

In the "Week Ahead" article yesterday, a "Head Coach Update" was top of the list.

I don't think anyone is expecting an announcement on who the next permanent manager is, but some kind of information is definitely needed. But of course this goes back to how horrifically poor the communication is from QP at the best of times. 

3 hours ago, mcjameos said:

I agree some kind of comms on interim arrangements would be good. However is it not possible that whether any compensation was paid / received and the relevant amounts are subject to some kind of confidentiality clause?

You are probably right and that's probably the case. The whole "confidentiality" aspect of these appointments & contracts is something I will never understand in Scottish football. I'm simply not used this secrecy and I hate that it's being taken so much for granted here. There can be no accountability without full transparency. And if supporters can't hold their board accountable, they are mere spectators, not supporters. 

Just now, EaglesandSpiders said:

You are probably right and that's probably the case. The whole "confidentiality" aspect of these appointments & contracts is something I will never understand in Scottish football. I'm simply not used this secrecy and I hate that it's being taken so much for granted here. There can be no accountability without full transparency. And if supporters can't hold their board accountable, they are mere spectators, not supporters. 

Totally agree. It really isn't much to ask for some kind of statement reassuring the fans/ that they expect a new manger to be in place soon/that a rigorous process is underway etc. They don't need to break any kind of confidentiality agreement to do that. Perhaps even a word or two of thanks to us fans for sticking with the club through all the poor results, ground moves, stadium shifts etc. Don't they have a comms officer? Honestly would any other club act with this total lack of regard? I'd email the club but no one has the courtesy to even reply. Such a dysfunctional place.