The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Spooky Spider said:

Perhaps even a word or two of thanks to us fans for sticking with the club through all the poor results, ground moves, stadium shifts etc

I am perfectly aware that we have a very small number of fans. This should make us a rare and precious commodity in the eyes of the board but it doesn't. I have learned to ignore "crowdwanking" from fans of other teams in the Championship when they say "youse have nae fans". It doesn't bother me when they ignore and belittle us but it really hurts when our board does it too.

"The Project" has merit and is our only realistic long term way forward but why oh why have we nobody in any senior position with the nouse to see that "The Project" at this stage is too embryonic to overlap the first team whose be all and end all should have been to stay in the Championship. The young lads we have in the first team could never realistically have been expected to live with the cut and thrust of this league. They are being destroyed and are probably quite miserable right now. We get relegated we will not attract the talent and will soon be in the Lowland league where we might just have an acceptable ground. Depressing.

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I'm aware we are all angry and frustrated but there is no need for this kind of language, sir. 

I think you’ve misinterpreted my words. Let me explain.

Gypsy: noun; a member of a group of people who travel from place to place, or anyone who travels often and does not live in one place for long.

Hampden-Falkirk-Stenhousemuir-Maryhill-Lesser Hampden-Hampden. In four years. 

At Stenny, we took third dibs on fixtures and had several times to play on a Friday, making way for a non-league team. At Firhill, we had several games postponed due to the pitch not being durable for two teams sharing, and paid cash for the privilege. After three and a half years of rebuilding Lesser, we played one league game and handed it over to the SFA. Despite owning our own ground, fully certified to play our league fixtures, we’ve decided to ground share with another team and in return let that team use our ground. In every circumstance available to the club, we have allowed ourselves to be subjugated. The lowest rank in all of these events. .

I know his stock has gone down since pieing Kelty, but Kevin Thompson feels like a pretty good fit for me. He's got the lower league angle and experience with the Rangers youths. Loads hangs on the DoF though - someone with a bit of knowledge on Scottish football needed, rather than one of the wacky-dutch-brigade.. 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Quiz question - when was the last time we heard from Dempster on anything? 

February 3rd, via the BBC, at an Ochilview game v Ayr United. Half-time on Sportscene, reacting to the ICT Scottish Cup debacle, she said she would  “own it” and “learn from It” and  “apologise to all those fans” (points to the stand on the other side of the pitch). 

Still waiting. 

13 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I think you’ve misinterpreted my words. Let me explain.

Gypsy: noun; a member of a group of people who travel from place to place, or anyone who travels often and does not live in one place for long.

Hampden-Falkirk-Stenhousemuir-Maryhill-Lesser Hampden-Hampden. In four years. 

At Stenny, we took third dibs on fixtures and had several times to play on a Friday, making way for a non-league team. At Firhill, we had several games postponed due to the pitch not being durable for two teams sharing, and paid cash for the privilege. After three and a half years of rebuilding Lesser, we played one league game and handed it over to the SFA. Despite owning our own ground, fully certified to play our league fixtures, we’ve decided to ground share with another team and in return let that team use our ground. In every circumstance available to the club, we have allowed ourselves to be subjugated. The lowest rank in all of these events. .

I understand the reference to our nomadic existence and subsistence on "sloppy seconds" but gypsy is considered a pejorative term. The preferred term is Romany or Romani, which I still wouldn't use in this comparison. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

31 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I understand the reference to our nomadic existence and subsistence on "sloppy seconds" but gypsy is considered a pejorative term. The preferred term is Romany or Romani, which I still wouldn't use in this comparison. 

Romani is an ethnicity, gypsy is a way of life. Not all gypsies are Romani and not all Romani are gypsies.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Romani is an ethnicity, gypsy is a way of life. Not all gypsies are Romani and not all Romani are gypsies.

God, I hope we get some news on the Head Coach soon, these debates are becoming increasingly esoteric (a bit like Veldman's zonal marking at corners)