The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

There is an obvious opportunity for grovelling and begging here. He had guys who were toiling in League One flying in the Championship and gave us some unbelievable highs. We must to ask the question, even if it’s only to be laughed at. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

There is an obvious opportunity for grovelling and begging here. He had guys who were toiling in League One flying in the Championship and gave us some unbelievable highs. We must to ask the question, even if it’s only to be laughed at. 

It's a very different situation to when he came in last time though. That team was massively underachieving and hadn't had a real manager all season until Coyle arrived, whereas this squad simply isn't cut out for the Championship.

January is massive in that we need to bring in at least 3/4 better players who can slot straight into the starting lineup.  He was responsible for the signings of both Stephen Eze and Jason Naismith last season, so I can't say I have a great deal of confidence in his ability to get the recruitment right.

This isn't to say I didn't thoroughly enjoy his time at the club, or that I think it was the right decision to show him the door so we could become a full time youth team, I'm just not convinced he's the answer to our problems right now.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was this off-field stuff a big concern for fans when the team were doing well on the park last season or did it only recently come to light?

It has been for quite a while. The club almost went bust at the time of the Hampden upgrade and decisions made then resulted in us having to sell Hampden for a pittance. The upgrade of Lesser has been an unmitigated disaster.  It quite simply is not fit for purpose for anything above league 2.

On 31/12/2023 at 12:26, virginton said:

A club that runs at break even or modest profit based on its own resources rather than a Walter Mitty backer ✅ 

Jeezy peeps, another post from you on the Morton route to financial success.

You forgot:

A club that was bankrolled by a wealthy benefactor for years, allowing it to live beyond its means.

A club whose wealthy benefactor who recently wrote off a loan of £400k

A club whose wealthy benefactor also wrote off its investment in the club and very kindly transferred shares to the fans rather than, as it could have, sold it off to the highest bidder.

If your erstwhile wealthy benefactor hadn't been so good as he stepped back, clearing all that was owed by you and had been invested in you via shares, you'd be in the shitter so, please, no more back slapping posts about how well you are doing financially.

Defence is truly abysmal. It’s beyond pathetic the amount of corners we concede now. Why are we not learning at all? Why do we never have a man on the line if we’re more likely to lose the first header? Surely this week we have some movement on the manger front ?

Reid after a couple of early positive  performances sadly looks a bit out his depth at this stage. Mauchin tried his best but again isn’t cut out for championship football at this stage of his career. Lucas McCormack as the first sub, seriously? Showed nothing as of yet that he’s going to change our fortunes.

Going to maybe assume Hepburn is finished now at the club ? Wouldn’t be surprised to hear his loan has been terminated this week. Not even in the squad 

Also Ruari Paton has not and is not anywhere near close to being a problem for us this season. A 1 in 2 ratio for comfortably the worst side in the league is pretty astonishing and his free kick highlights the ability he has. 14 goals in all comps in half a season at the club surely an indication what numbers he could produce in a decent team. Only 4 goals off what Simon Murray produced by the end of January for what was the best team in the league at that point in time. 

Edited by qpfc

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was this off-field stuff a big concern for fans when the team were doing well on the park last season or did it only recently come to light?

Yes, it was.  

Countless times last season many QP fans commented upon the fact that whilst the club was ‘professional’ the administration ,if not the playing side, was still very amateur-ish.  The only thing that’s changed this year is that our relatively balanced squad and experienced manager has been replaced with a young, inexperienced squad with now two inexperienced managers. 

It is mind-boggling how no matter what the situation, you can always count on QPFC to shoot themselves in the foot.  I’ll apologise now to Leanne Dempster as I can only assume her continued absence is down to either bereavement or ill-health as there is absolutely no excuse for a leader in any business or walk of life that doesn’t ’front-up’ when things aren’t going to plan.  

I’m a fan and have been for decades.  As a QP fan you get used to losing.  However I’m also a customer and I refuse to subsidise via ticket sales, no matter how small a proportion it is, the current status quo, or indeed, any more of her salary until there are definitive answers to questions such as, but not limited to:

What’s happening, if anything, with Lesser;

Where will we be playing next year, (location, not league as that looks like a given)

What the plan is, now that Marjin Beuker has left, to make the club sustainable

Who is going to implement this plan, both managerial, youth development and DoF

25 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

The club really needs to appoint an SLO. Although the amount of time it takes the club to appoint a manager I’d imagine it’d be 2030 before its in place!

I thought Keith had quietly been made SLO or am I mistaken?  

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Defence is truly abysmal. It’s beyond pathetic the amount of corners we concede now. Why are we not learning at all? Why do we never have a man on the line if we’re more likely to lose the first header? Surely this week we have some movement on the manger front ?

Reid after a couple of early positive  performances sadly looks a bit out his depth at this stage. Mauchin tried his best but again isn’t cut out for championship football at this stage of his career. Lucas McCormack as the first sub, seriously? Showed nothing as of yet that he’s going to change our fortunes.

Going to maybe assume Hepburn is finished now at the club ? Wouldn’t be surprised to hear his loan has been terminated this week. Not even in the squad 

Also Ruari Paton has not and is not anywhere near close to being a problem for us this season. A 1 in 2 ratio for comfortably the worst side in the league is pretty astonishing and his free kick highlights the ability he has. 14 goals in all comps in half a season at the club surely an indication what numbers he could produce in a decent team. Only 4 goals off what Simon Murray produced by the end of January for what was the best team in the league at that point in time. 

Couldn't agree more with all.of your comments QPFC. We BADLY need defensive experienced signings in the next 4 weeks 

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

I’m a fan and have been for decades.  As a QP fan you get used to losing.  However I’m also a customer and I refuse to subsidise via ticket sales, no matter how small a proportion it is, the current status quo, or indeed, any more of her salary until there are definitive answers to questions.

I wholeheartedly agree. If it wasn’t for my season ticket, I wouldn’t be paying for a ticket. 

3 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

The club really needs to appoint an SLO. Although the amount of time it takes the club to appoint a manager I’d imagine it’d be 2030 before its in place!

2 hours ago, QPEast said:

I thought Keith had quietly been made SLO or am I mistaken?  

Isn't having an SLO a condition for having a bronze licence?

I don't agree with the clamour to appoint a new manager. Nuijten, for me has improved the team overall in a short period of time and has been able to put in changes to strategy. Appointing another manager who may have done all right somewhere and badly at other clubs is not necessarily a recipe for success. We certainly need some new players in, particularly up front to support or replace Paton when needed. If this happens, we can start picking up points and remain in the league. We would then have a squad of very young experienced players, which would be very positive for the future.

Edited by Southsideforever

1 hour ago, Southsideforever said:

I don't agree with the clamour to appoint a new manager. Nuijten, for me has improved the team overall in a short period of time and has been able to put in changes to strategy. Appointing another manager who may have done all right somewhere and badly at other clubs is not necessarily a recipe for success. We certainly need some new players in, particularly up front to support or replace Paton when needed. If this happens, we can start picking up points and remain in the league. We would then have a squad of very young experienced players, which would be very positive for the future.

Because nothing says a successful and innovative 'football philosophy' like trying to sign moar players to compensate for the duds you brought in previously.

brooks-mileson_1106956c.jpg.c5808906fb3ff9cc5bcfbda05e056f3a.jpg

1 hour ago, Southsideforever said:

I can't agree with this whatsoever. While the result against United was fine in isolation, we also had moments under Veldman where we all thought we'd turned a corner and that turned out not to be the case.

Morton away was just about as depressing an attempt at breaking down a team with 10 men as you'll ever see, and the second half against Airdrie may very well have been the worst 45 minutes of football we've played all season.

We need a brand new head coach as soon as possible with totally fresh ideas, who can ideally teach the defence how to stop conceding quite so many horrendous goals and bring in his own players to shore up a squad which is simply not cut out for this level of football.

While Nuijten does deserve credit for trying something different at Firhill, I'm genuinely very surprised that you think he's the right man to take this team which finds itself in a very perilous situation forward and hopefully avoid relegation.