The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 30/12/2023 at 18:54, qpfc said:

I see David Hopkin was watching the match today. Please for the love of god tell me it’s not going to be him 

I saw Neuijten confirm Hopkin was 'helping him out' in his interview before the game tonight. As if that's not bad enough it's typical of Queen's atm to only find this out through the coach being asked a direct question about Hopkin on the tele. Hope the AGM goes well next week and you can at least go some way to no longer being treated with contempt by the entirety of the club's committee.

David Hopkin made me hate going to the football despite not seeing it in person for over a year due to covid. 

I hope he never gets another managers job in football such is my dislike for the man. He once did a pre-match interview where he said he had expressed to the players that the away game to Arbroath was a must win. We were 4-0 down at half time. 

You will always get folk telling you that your new manager is a dud, we did it when he arrived from Morton, but really, he is terrible. 
He joined Ayr when Mark Kerr was sacked, he did his best to move on all his players and bring his own in during the summer by signing players from the Morton team that finished below us. He then went on holiday for most of the summer only to return and have to rake through bins to find players at the end of the window. One of the "signings", Todrov, agreed a deal but was waiting on Hopkin to return from holiday to sign and got a better deal from Dunfermline and fucked off. 

And that was just the stuff off the park. It was worse on it. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

David Hopkin made me hate going to the football despite not seeing it in person for over a year due to covid. 

I hope he never gets another managers job in football such is my dislike for the man. He once did a pre-match interview where he said he had expressed to the players that the away game to Arbroath was a must win. We were 4-0 down at half time. 

You will always get folk telling you that your new manager is a dud, we did it when he arrived from Morton, but really, he is terrible. 
He joined Ayr when Mark Kerr was sacked, he did his best to move on all his players and bring his own in during the summer by signing players from the Morton team that finished below us. He then went on holiday for most of the summer only to return and have to rake through bins to find players at the end of the window. One of the "signings", Todrov, agreed a deal but was waiting on Hopkin to return from holiday to sign and got a better deal from Dunfermline and fucked off. 

And that was just the stuff off the park. It was worse on it. 

Hopkin's role is purely advisory, he's not getting (or even interested in) the job.

Well done to the players especially the young ones who have had to step up delighted for them as they’ve suffered the most being thrust into a situation due to lack of squad depth 

Special mention for the younger coaches also who have been moved up in the interim tam oware from YQP and Charley king  from academy who’s been at the club for years, seem to be getting very good effort and heard good things that the squad are big fans of them both 

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Hopkin's role is purely advisory, he's not getting (or even interested in) the job.

It could work out for you if that's his role. As long as you take his advice and do the complete opposite.

On 04/01/2024 at 17:52, Spider said:

I've heard rumours that Dempster is leaving.

Maybe a sacrificial lamb before any AGM etc.

It leaves David Hunter to be the guy negotiating transfers.

11 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Contrast with the announcement when Robin left. No thanks for him.

I guess it’s bigger picture stuff but it smarts with me that Dempster is spinning it, aided by the QP announcement, that she’s “stepping away”. I suppose running could be interpreted as stepping very fast. 

So we’ve lost the Director of Football, the Head Coach and the CEO all within a few weeks, all stepping away. The President is about to change this week with the replacement being his protégé who has been groomed and raising his profile for the last 3 years. Status quo ensured. With the overhead we now carry, the Club can seldom in its history been in a more precarious position. 

image.thumb.png.5747143bb862600af9b21171e21e1246.png

Even (most of) us neutrals are disappointed with how badly it seemed to go for Leanne at QP. Overall, she had a huge job on her hands but seems that she got some things right and a lot of things wrong. I note that the new stadium doesn’t even get mentioned! It will be interesting to see if she can rebuild a career in Scottish football after this. Suppose that will depend on what she did achieve at QP and how well she can spin the truth at her next interview. Such a shame after the jobs she did at Motherwell and, to a lesser extent, Hibs. Onwards and upwards for Queens, though. New beginnings and all that. We wish you well.

Edited by Kempes

39 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Dempster taking credit for the academy going to Elite status is wild. 

That was Beuker and his staffs work. Dempster has been known to have shown zero interest in the academy in her tenure. 

Edited by Spider

7 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Even (most of) us neutrals are disappointed with how badly it seemed to go for Leanne at QP. Overall, she had a huge job on her hands but seems that she got some things right and a lot of things wrong. I note that the new stadium doesn’t even get mentioned! It will be interesting to see if she can rebuild a career in Scottish football after this. Suppose that will depend on what she did achieve at QP and who’s well she can spin the truth at her next interview. Such a shame after the jobs she did at Motherwell and, to a lesser extent, Hibs. Onwards and upwards for Queens, though. New beginnings and all that. We wish you well.

A good job on the academy and community side but little else seemed to go right. Given the stadium debacle and her very low profile during this turbulent season I don't think many QP fans will miss her.