The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Really pleased for players, staff and in particular for the supporters. Watched the game on BBC and thought we well deserved the win with everyone giving everything. And even heard a rendition of ' Cathcart Road ' 

32 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

Please share with BYOS and Willie Braveheart.....yes we were watching the same game and same.player who has been busting his gut all season for Queens Park 

28 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Joint top scorer in the championship but just not cut out for this level apparently 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I actually had a dig in my original post but deleted it… 😂

But now you mention it…

Honestly - that interview: hang it in the Louvre. 

First win in sixteen games and all you want is to make it all about you. 

Enjoy your big night lads.

I can't believe we won! I can say we deserved it because for the first time in months we showed some teeth. Very happy for the lads. 

I spoke to Savoury and Fox at half time. Grant looked very positive and said he should be fit enough to play in two months. Charlie said he would be out for a month and looked very disappointed. They said they were "staying strong for each other" 

They gave MOM to Paton but I thought Spong was very effective in the middle of the park tonight.

Wins important challenges, creates chances for others and does a lot of the work that generally goes unnoticed. A bit of an unsung hero from what I've seen of him.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

They gave MOM to Paton but I thought Spong was very effective in the middle of the park tonight.

Wins important challenges, creates chances for others and does a lot of the work that generally goes unnoticed. A bit of an unsung hero from what I've seen of him.

Agree. That's the lot of the CDM and Spong really looks the part. Give Paul the job now surely at least until the end of the season? Team are playing for him and the style is far more direct and pacy especially with two up front. Mauchin looked good tonight. Bit of confidence and we can stay in the league which is all I want. Chuffed with performance, tho Dunfermline were hopeless, and I saw myself and the kids on tv too! Be at Lesser on Sunday and hope we can see both QP teams win in one week.

23 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

First win in sixteen games and all you want is to make it all about you. 

Enjoy your big night lads.

It's not all about us.....its all about Queens Park and a good win and some real hope. Enjoy it BYOS....be more positive about a group of lads that bust a gut tonight for the club. They are trying . Be more supportive of a very young squad 

12 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Spong is a good player 👏 

Think had we not won that tonight, we’d of been in serious bother (still are tbf) but what a difference it makes just experiencing a win. Mad how it changes your outlook on the upcoming fixtures now 

We deserved that tonight. Aye Dunfermline were down to the bare bones but we’ve played teams with many injuries (Morton particularly stands out) and made a complete backside of it. It was a proper team effort and maybe it isn’t pretty on the eye for the neutral. However, I’d take winning in the most horrible fashion over playing neat stuff and losing consistently at this point in the season 

Paton was excellent up top and Spong was fantastic in midfield. If only the guy had some pace and he’d not be at this level. For a wee guy, he’s incredibly strong in the tackle and is more or less very successful in the vast majority of his duels. Really liked the look of Mauchin tonight at right back. He struggled against Fitzpatrick on Tuesday but it was his debut up against the most inform winger in the league in fairness. However tonight he was brave taking on his man, got to the byline on numerous occasions and defended well. Will be interesting to see if he’s trusted against Raith next week 

Hell of a lot more work needed to stay up and even though I sense a stronger togetherness in the squad under Nuijten compared to Veldman, it’s imperative we still go and appoint an experienced manager going forward, alongside some key experienced signings 

Great to get a positive result albeit against a relatively poor side. Hopefully a good confidence booster Thought we played fairly well for the most part but we seem to slow it right down at times and those pass backs still give me the fear. 

Would really really prefer that you lot didn't start winning games, thank you very much. It makes thing much more precarious for us.

I echo the comments on Spong in the middle of the park. He was very effective.

Nuijten is a very likeable guy and a good coach, and it would be a shame to lose him altogether. I think he has genuinely brought something different to the first team compared to Veldman (even if there have still been massive issues) and for him to leave the club due to being put in a position he was never supposed to be in would be disappointing, assuming he wants to stay. I hope they can find a role for him again when a new manager is appointed.

With the rumours of a positive appointment being made this week would anyone like to speculate as to who that may be? I did overhear it may be an experienced manager which would be very welcome!

13 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

With the rumours of a positive appointment being made this week would anyone like to speculate as to who that may be? I did overhear it may be an experienced manager which would be very welcome!

Calum Davidson in conversation with the club, could be him