The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

This has to be one of the worst ever post match interviews for a manager.  Looks like we'll be travelling to Dingwall next year as St Johnstone should be safe with this guy at County!

https://x.com/BBCSportScot/status/1748768861153849743?s=20

Let’s confirm our own league status before we start that nonsense 

I see on Twitter that Rudden has now been told to find a new club by Dundee. Surely based on Davidson’s history working with him (and previous attempts to sign him for St Johnstone prior to joining them) and the fact we desperately need another striker, it’s a no brainer to sign him ?

Edited by qpfc

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

I see on Twitter that Rudden has now been told to find a new club by Dundee. Surely based on Davidson’s history working with him (and previous attempts to sign him for St Johnstone prior to joining them) and the fact we desperately need another striker, it’s a no brainer to sign him ?

He’s done it in the Championship before, it’d be a bit of a no-brainer indeed. 

Having a think there about transfer targets. I’d hope that we’ve been looking at the Northern Irish top flight as a possible source if we were to bring a few guys in. We saw with Cliftonville last season there’s some quality in the league. Guys like Craig Curran and Liam Boyce were quality additions for example. 

If we can afford to coax guys from Southampton & Brighton up to Glasgow, it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine taking a punt on a couple guys from Belfast.

42 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Having a think there about transfer targets. I’d hope that we’ve been looking at the Northern Irish top flight as a possible source if we were to bring a few guys in. We saw with Cliftonville last season there’s some quality in the league. Guys like Craig Curran and Liam Boyce were quality additions for example. 

If we can afford to coax guys from Southampton & Brighton up to Glasgow, it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine taking a punt on a couple guys from Belfast.

Aye. Even the League of Ireland has a few decent players kicking about. Definitely somewhere we should be watching. It also produced Johnny Kenny, of course. 

12 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Scott Burns saying Calum Ferrie is  attracting interest from down south. Surely we will be trying to extend his contract soon. 

League 2, specifically. I know there are clubs at that level who pay well but he should be aiming higher than that. He's the best keeper in this division and if he really does want to move on he'd get a game for a lot of Premiership clubs in Scotland.

Still, I'd rather we tied him down to a 4 year contract instead of possible. Would be a massive loss.

He’s a brilliant keeper. He had a lot of shaky moments initially, but he has stopped so many defeats (thanks Robin Veldman) from being absolute pumpings, and earned us points when we haven’t deserved them. As @Convenorsaid, he could’ve spat the dummy when he was dropped for a 16 year old, but his reaction and attitude has been top class. 

Ferrie has been tremendous this season. He’s always been a very good keeper for us, however when he’s made a rare error, it often looked pretty horrendous (Morton away, east fife away, Dundee at home etc) which probably takes away the recognition he deserves from some of our own support and other fans in the division. His shot stopping ability is absolutely outrageous for this level and I feel he’s more of leader this year (he’s had to in fairness). He’s more than capable of playing in the Scottish premiership but I feel managers might be put off by his height. Here’s hoping as I wouldn’t swap him for any keeper in the league! 

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Scott Brown might do very well, but having just seen some of the coverage and commentary of the Ayr appointment I’m so pleased to be nowhere near the Old Firm sideshow. 

With regards to the Ayr game on Saturday I have just heard that the Ayr fans will be next to us in the West stand. This is disgracefull and penny pinching on behalf of the club. We have endured nonsense this season with bad language and intimidation from several fans of other clubs sitting close to us. Have the committee not learned their lesson. Away fans should be in the East stand. With two new members on the committee I am surprised that they have allowed this to happen.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

With regards to the Ayr game on Saturday I have just heard that the Ayr fans will be next to us in the West stand. This is disgracefull and penny pinching on behalf of the club. We have endured nonsense this season with bad language and intimidation from several fans of other clubs sitting close to us. Have the committee not learned their lesson. Away fans should be in the East stand. With two new members on the committee I am surprised that they have allowed this to happen.

Our incompetence goes on and on.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Yet another Mickey Mouse decision to confirm that it Disney matter what we, the paying customers, think!

Change this now!

😂

If you send over a list of words that aren't allowed we'll do our best to distribute it to all the supporters.