The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Gone a bit quiet on the signings front. Papers seem to suggest we are not chasing Zak Rudden. I wonder who is still out there, available, and could do a job for us?

What do you reckon are the positions of need? I still would like a Striker and a centre back. 

1 hour ago, pmonigatti said:

What do you reckon are the positions of need? I still would like a Striker and a centre back. 

Agreed. I think we’re sorted for midfielders. I’m still hoping that McKinstry comes good. 

We desperately need a partner/backup for Ruari. Unsure about wether Davidson will see Williamson as enough. 

13 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Agreed. I think we’re sorted for midfielders. I’m still hoping that McKinstry comes good. 

We desperately need a partner/backup for Ruari. Unsure about wether Davidson will see Williamson as enough. 

Even if he does see Williamson as first team material, having only 2 strikers is still cutting it pretty fine.  What if Paton gets injured? 

We've been really luck with Paton - he is usually absolutely knackered by the end of the game and it is remarkable that he hasn't picked up an injury up to now.

2 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Yup. An experienced centre back who is good in the air (our defence is still like a bin fire when a cross comes in) and a veteran striker who can give us 30mins from the bench or a good hour from the start (should Ruari) be out for any particular reason.

5 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Gone a bit quiet on the signings front. Papers seem to suggest we are not chasing Zak Rudden. I wonder who is still out there, available, and could do a job for us?

He was enquired about earlier in the window, he'd need to take a big drop in wages.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

It is good to see that although he no longer posts on P+B that the new President still reads it. 

The QPSA contacted the Safety and Security Manager. New committee member also took it forward. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Try to sign before Ayr kick off according to website.

For a minute there I was wondering who this player with the surname "Try" was. 😳😂

8 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Yup. An experienced centre back who is good in the air (our defence is still like a bin fire when a cross comes in) and a veteran striker who can give us 30mins from the bench or a good hour from the start (should Ruari) be out for any particular reason.

I’d still love it to be Danny Wilson who as far as I can see is still yet to be picked up by anyone and at 32 is the right profile for an 18 month contract. 
His experience would be valuable for sure having played over 300 career games.

As a striker I’d definitely not be disappointed if we brought in Zak Rudden, that seems like its going to be tough to compete for his signature though.

17 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I’d still love it to be Danny Wilson who as far as I can see is still yet to be picked up by anyone and at 32 is the right profile for an 18 month contract. 
His experience would be valuable for sure having played over 300 career games.

As a striker I’d definitely not be disappointed if we brought in Zak Rudden, that seems like its going to be tough to compete for his signature though.

Seems like rudden might be off to Raith Rovers now which is a shame. Wouldn’t be against going for Stevie May on loan if possible. Can’t say I know too much about Stevie May’s legs in 2024 but surely would still do a job in the championship, plus he would know Davidson well

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Seems like rudden might be off to Raith Rovers now which is a shame. Wouldn’t be against going for Stevie May on loan if possible. Can’t say I know too much about Stevie May’s legs in 2024 but surely would still do a job in the championship, plus he would know Davidson well

What on earth do Raith need yet another striker for? And what kind of budget do they have at their disposal?

Mind you, if they don’t need Vaughan or Hamilton anymore ………………

8 hours ago, harlowspider said:

What on earth do Raith need yet another striker for? And what kind of budget do they have at their disposal?

Mind you, if they don’t need Vaughan or Hamilton anymore ………………

Seems to be the Murray way. When you need a goal, throw on as many fowards as you can, pump crosses into the box, and hope something happens. Worked for the first half of the season.

Caley Thistle have been busy signing defenders from Leeds and Newcastle so you would think they will be harder to score against. Would be good to get some extra help for Ruari, not to mention a centre back for us!

Edited by Stuntiethumper

I know that it’s very tough to do good business in the January window. Welsh could be a very shrewd acquisition. If we’re signing untried & untested guys like Haspell and Carse however though, I have my fears. 

Davidson’s mentioned in the pre-match video he hopes to bring in another couple; hopefully he can get these over the line asap. It’d have been very nice to have had these in for tomorrow, given it’s the literal definition of a 6-pointer.