The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Healy needed a loan if he’s to have a genuine future at the club. Hasn’t been seen on the pitch for weeks now but really hasn’t grabbed his opportunity when it came about early on in the season. It’s a monumental jump from Arthurlie to championship football so there’s no shame in needing a loan early doors. Still has 3 and a half years left on his deal. It’s a cliche saying but there’s a definitely a talented player there but needs to learn the tougher side of the game. I think he’ll do really well there 

13 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Aaron Healy out on loan to Dumbarton. Bit surprised it's to Dumbarton but a loan seems sensible... 

Out of interest, why is it surprising? What can we expect of the lad and what do you guys ideally want to see?

3 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Out of interest, why is it surprising? What can we expect of the lad and what do you guys ideally want to see?

He's a skillful player who struggles a bit with the physicality of the game. I don't know how Dumbarton tend to play but my hope is that he'll get a bit more time of the ball there; he was incredibly highly rated when we signed him from Arthurlie, but the jump in level has been a bit too much for him so far.

He's clearly very talented though so a good loan spell should do wonders for his confidence, and League Two is a decent stepping stone for where we'd like him to eventually be. I think he could end up being excellent for you.

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He's a skillful player who struggles a bit with the physicality of the game. I don't know how Dumbarton tend to play but my hope is that he'll get a bit more time of the ball there; he was incredibly highly rated when we signed him from Arthurlie, but the jump in level has been a bit too much for him so far.

He's clearly very talented though so a good loan spell should do wonders for his confidence, and League Two is a decent stepping stone for where we'd like him to eventually be. I think he could end up being excellent for you.

Where does he play?

We're a bit inconsistent, to say the least. Some games we look honking, struggle to put two passes together and end up hitting channels but other games (generally when a decent pitch presents itself) we can knock it about well and create plenty of chances. 

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Where does he play?

We're a bit inconsistent, to say the least. Some games we look honking, struggle to put two passes together and end up hitting channels but other games (generally when a decent pitch presents itself) we can knock it about well and create plenty of chances. 

He's primarily a left winger, although I think he could be played through the middle behind your striker(s) too.

29 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He's primarily a left winger, although I think he could be played through the middle behind your striker(s) too.

Aye I'd imagine we'll use him on the left, we only have Tony Wallace who can play there really and by the sounds of it this boy will offer something much different than him, although Tony has done well this year (has around 10 goals) so I don't see him starting games right away. 

The only way guys like Healy or Williamson have a sniff of a chance of making it is by going and playing somewhere every week. Jumping from the juniors to the Championship, to then sit on the bench is the perfect recipe for stagnation. 

Getting slightly nervous we’re going to sign nobody this week. Davidson was trying to get a player before the weekend and yet we’ve still heard nothing since? 

Club have to back Davidson this week. So much is down to money at this level and if it means paying slightly more than you want to get the right player, please do so 

17 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Getting slightly nervous we’re going to sign nobody this week. Davidson was trying to get a player before the weekend and yet we’ve still heard nothing since? 

Club have to back Davidson this week. So much is down to money at this level and if it means paying slightly more than you want to get the right player, please do so 

I don't doubt he is trying.  However looking at other team threads it seems almost every other Championship team are looking for similar additions.  In light of that I wonder how attractive a prospect we are at the moment.  As you say we probably need to push the boat out a bit.

21 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Totally agree, it’s really worrying. 

The longer we go without any significant rumours, the more concerned I am that we may end up having to rely on inexperienced loanees from the likes of Celtic and Rangers, which is absolutely not what we need. It's very worrying.

Edited by Zanetti

Fingers crossed for decent signing or two. Failing that I think the loan window is still open in February. Problem is we need someone with experience who is not getting game time at their parent club rather than a youngster trying to prove themselves. Those sorts of players are not plentiful and our league position does not make us the most attractive proposition.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

A relegation dogfight at the bottom of the Championship isn’t an attractive prospect for players with a decent pedigree. January is hellish for doing decent business at the best of times. Nobody to blame but ourselves, I’m afraid. 

'Jack Spong to leave the club by mutual consent'

One of the few highlights (for me anyway) of this season.  One of the few you thought that might realise the plan of developing youth and then selling on for a profit.

Anyone know WTAF is going on at the moment?

This departure has got to be wage related surely? He's likely one of our higher earners, so it must be to make room for someone else coming in.

Either way it's very disappointing. I really rate Spong, and I don't think we'd seen the best of him yet.