The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wouldnt read much into him not playung for us, as Levein seems desperate to play his own signings, so those there before have been frozen out while he plays with his new toys.

See also Stevie May and Nicky Clark. Clarks still our top scorer but is lucky to get 30 mins and Mays not even on the bench these days.

Would much rather QP brought in May than Kane, but an experienced top level striker is not to be sniffed at.

28 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Would much rather QP brought in May than Kane, but an experienced top level striker is not to be sniffed at.

He may be experienced but he doesn't appear to score many goals: 24 in 180 appearances for St Johnstone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kane_(footballer,_born_1994)#Honours

8 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Depends what you want, i guess.

May more a creator these days, all about getting down the left channel and getting crosses in.

Hes apparently rejected a few loan moves in January though.

8 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

He may be experienced but he doesn't appear to score many goals: 24 in 180 appearances for St Johnstone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kane_(footballer,_born_1994)#Honours

Hes got 37 goals, and 21 assists, in 244 games for us. Think the wiki stats must just be league games. Minutes played wise he averaged a goal or assist every 2.5 games, roughly. A lot of his early appearances (hes played 10+ games for us since 14/15) were late sub appearances with rack up games played numbers but not minutes played numbers.

He'd improved in being a poacher by the time he got his injury, i think 20/21 was arguably the best we saw of him as a finisher. Very much one who needs to shoot first time to score though, if hes 1v1 with the keeper and has time to think then he'll more often than not miss.

His value up front is creating space for others. Teams will have CBs welded to him and he'll get them wrestling him, hes so good at using his body to keep the ball. Any striker partner or attacking midfielder will then find huge spaces around him to play in, and if you pair him with Paton then he'd suddenly find its easier to escape his marker.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends what you want, i guess.

May more a creator these days, all about getting down the left channel and getting crosses in.

Hes apparently rejected a few loan moves in January though.

Hes got 37 goals, and 21 assists, in 244 games for us. Think the wiki stats must just be league games. Minutes played wise he averaged a goal or assist every 2.5 games, roughly. A lot of his early appearances (hes played 10+ games for us since 14/15) were late sub appearances with rack up games played numbers but not minutes played numbers.

He'd improved in being a poacher by the time he got his injury, i think 20/21 was arguably the best we saw of him as a finisher. Very much one who needs to shoot first time to score though, if hes 1v1 with the keeper and has time to think then he'll more often than not miss.

His value up front is creating space for others. Teams will have CBs welded to him and he'll get them wrestling him, hes so good at using his body to keep the ball. Any striker partner or attacking midfielder will then find huge spaces around him to play in, and if you pair him with Paton then he'd suddenly find its easier to escape his marker.

Will let McPake and McKay know... 😀

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Makes sense that Kane has ended up at Dunfermline if he's just looking to play football. I can't imagine he fancied being an option off the bench for us, but he should start for them. 

Don’t think we have missed out on much anyway, he hasn’t played in a while and is probably not ready to start until at least a months time

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Makes sense that Kane has ended up at Dunfermline if he's just looking to play football. I can't imagine he fancied being an option off the bench for us, but he should start for them. 

If he’s based around Perth, it’s probably a more communicable gig to end up at Dunfermline rather than Glasgow. 

From QP’s perspective, it’d also have made Crole’s signing a bit odder too. No matter, fingers crossed Paton can stay fit. 

34 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

From QP’s perspective, it’d also have made Crole’s signing a bit odder too. No matter, fingers crossed Paton can stay fit. 

Hope we’ve not spoke too soon on Crole. Not seen in the squad on Saturday and was subbed after 35 mins today for the B team

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Hope we’ve not spoke too soon on Crole. Not seen in the squad on Saturday and was subbed after 35 mins today for the B team

and we scored 6 goals after he came off-although he did get an assist for our first goal.

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

According to the match report he was replaced "after treatment." Hopefully nothing serious and he'll be fit enough for the bench at the weekend if needed.

Interesting to hear Tam o’Ware talk about the new manager bringing a new style of play that is replicated at the B team playing 3-4-3.

Really happy to see that system being adopted as I reckon it benefits from being both defensively solid but also allows for 5 attackers in the final 3rd if you have wing-backs that can get up and down the pitch all day (which I reckon QP have).

On 13/02/2024 at 15:16, HoustonSpider99 said:

If he’s based around Perth, it’s probably a more communicable gig to end up at Dunfermline rather than Glasgow. 

Hes Edinburgh based, so Dunfermline will shorten his commute. 

Intrigued (and apologies if I'm a bit behind here) but of January's younger-aged signings, (Crole, Carse, Haspell and Scott), does anyone know if these were players that the previous regime's data analytics had highlighted or have they been purely Davisdon signings?

On 11/02/2024 at 10:14, CathcartSkins said:

That is beginning to look like a solid back three. Especially pleased for Tizzard, took a lot of flack early in the season and he has fought his way back. 

I hope you're right but I'm not so sure about the solid. I think Tizzard has still got mistakes in his game and likely be punished by better teams than Dunfermline. The thought of him up against Oakley on Saturday is giving me the fear 😬

10 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

I hope you're right but I'm not so sure about the solid. I think Tizzard has still got mistakes in his game and likely be punished by better teams than Dunfermline. The thought of him up against Oakley on Saturday is giving me the fear 😬

I don't know - he was really excellent against Caley (close to being my man of the match). It could be that Davidson has found a much better role for his style of play. Only time will tell but he's come on really well over the last few weeks. It will be interesting to see what happens when Wilson comes into the team.

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I don't know - he was really excellent against Caley (close to being my man of the match). It could be that Davidson has found a much better role for his style of play. Only time will tell but he's come on really well over the last few weeks. It will be interesting to see what happens when Wilson comes into the team.

Wasn't at the match but genuinely pleased to hear this.  

His treatment by Veldman, (however badly he had played) at Airdrie was shocking; given the 'data' must have indicated there was a player in there, hence QP giving him a contract, the effect that incident must have had on his mentality can't be under-estimated.  Good to see that Davidson, however he's gone about it, has given a young player the confidence to put in that kind of performance after being effectively frozen out.