The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Great news.

Do we know who else is out of contract at the end of the season?

Grant Savoury springs to mind.

Tommy Robson as well, although I think his days at the club are probably numbered, he's definitely struggled for a fair while now.

Excellent news. Don't understand why fans of other clubs don't rate him but then again not sure I really care. Yes, he's made some errors but pretty sure everyone has. Absolutely no doubt he has earned us points, particularly this season. Great player with a fantastic attitude.

On 17/02/2024 at 12:15, Southsideforever said:

Great to see we now have attacking options with bringing back Williamson, return from injury of Mcleish and addition of Crole, and Hinds. However, we still do not have another proven striker at this level! Hopefully, one of our back up strikers will hit some form. Paton has been outstanding, but we need cover and help for him to replace him when needed and even come on to add firepower and finish off teams. Tizard coming back strong is also great to see. Surviving obviously target number 1, which we should achieve but with continuing good results play offs are possible.

Could not believe that Willamson only got put on with 5 minutes to go. Paton was knackered with 15 to go and in the time that he was on Williamson caused their defenders more problems than Paton did at any time in the second half.

On 17/02/2024 at 12:22, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning Sheridan played for us at the same time as Davidson, its likely just a favour to keep him fit.

He has been training with St Johnstone under 18s as well to keep fit

15 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Great news.

Do we know who else is out of contract at the end of the season?

Grant Savoury springs to mind. 

Savoury

Robson 

Jarrett 

Bruce 

Longridge 

Scott 

Hinds 

Savoury and Bruce are realistically the only ones I’d be looking to sign up again at this point. Can’t really judge Scott or Hinds yet as they’ve just joined although I like the look of Scott 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Ferrie contract extension announced 10:30am if you click on the week ahead tweet 

Superb business getting him tied down 

Superb news. Despite the 'advice' from some Morton fans, he is still the best keeper in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Savoury

Robson 

Jarrett 

Bruce 

Longridge 

Scott 

Hinds 

Savoury and Bruce are realistically the only ones I’d be looking to sign up again at this point. Can’t really judge Scott or Hinds yet as they’ve just joined although I like the look of Scott 

Yep. I think Heraghty still on loan and also out of contract in the summer. Our current backup keeper is a young lad from the B team. I know nothing of him or if it is realistic for him to step up should Ferrie get injured.  

27 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Savoury

Robson 

Jarrett 

Bruce 

Longridge 

Scott 

Hinds 

Fox?

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Savoury

Robson 

Jarrett 

Bruce 

Longridge 

Scott 

Hinds 

I'd sign Longridge again. Been tidy for us in a number of positions. Maybe not going to win us a game but works hard, rarely makes mistakes and brings a bit of experience to the squad.

Good to see the club quietly going about their business - signing folks up and squad-building. Agree with qpfc - Bruce would be great to extend. Imagine we'd want to see Savoury back before making any long-term commitments but he'd be on my stay list for sure. 

I reckon i'm probably the only one who still has faith that McKinstry will do a good turn by the end of the season. Thought he was playing a wee bit too deep at the weekend so would like to see the team go back to a front 3 with McKinstry on the left and Dom on the right.

My ideal team based on who is currently available would be:

Ferrie

Bannon Tizzard Wilson

McPherson Thomson Welsh Scott

Thomas Paton McKinstry

McKinstry is likely quite safe in that spot until Savoury is back fit unless the new lad Hinds shows a lot of promise over the next week or two in training.

4 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Whit? Does nobody at this club pay attention to the Morton fans? Seriously though, this is a fantastic piece of news.

I've decided not to look at let alone post anything on the Morton vs QP match day threads from now on. What a bunch of wankers!

7 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I reckon i'm probably the only one who still has faith that McKinstry will do a good turn by the end of the season. Thought he was playing a wee bit too deep at the weekend so would like to see the team go back to a front 3 with McKinstry on the left and Dom on the right.

My ideal team based on who is currently available would be:

Ferrie

Bannon Tizzard Wilson

McPherson Thomson Welsh Scott

Thomas Paton McKinstry

McKinstry is likely quite safe in that spot until Savoury is back fit unless the new lad Hinds shows a lot of promise over the next week or two in training.

I largely agree with this. Can maybe see us going with an extra midfielder against United tho.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I largely agree with this. Can maybe see us going with an extra midfielder against United tho.

After seeing Dundee United a few times (mostly on tv) this year I actually think the most effective way to take points off them is to attack them rather than trying to stifle them.

If you'd asked me the same thing earlier in the year i'd have quite happily taken a 10 men behind the ball approach to try steal a point. 

That said, I don't disagree that possibly playing Turner in the middle with Thomson and Welsh might be what ends up happening. (this would have been a stick on for Spong had he still been with the team).

Edited by pmonigatti