The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Yip, I get that, but is there a requirement for seating?

Honestly nae idea about requirements in wummin's fitba. I'm kinda winging it regarding ground safety. Had you said ponytails, I'd have said it was a stick on.

Can only go by what i've seen first hand.

The top league have moved up a grade stadium wise as the crowds rose percentage wise. If you get 50 in and the following season you get 75, the top brass/PR scream 50% increase.

The SWPL claimed over 100K at matches for season 22/23.

Although about 40,000 came from about 5 games.

58 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

The future North stand for away support in Lesser?

I just want a decent west stand. North and south completed too would be nice. Given it's all we've got, I quite like the east stand.

Posted (edited)

I think it's a bit of a stretch imagining Lesser being able to host Championship matches.

To be honest, if a team were to use Lesser, I'd rather it were the Strollers / B team. I don't see the pitch being up to two teams playing on it though.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I don't think so. The requirement for swpl 1 & 2 is SFA "entry level" if I am reading it right & that only requires covering for 100 spectators which New Tinto Park meets (as long as most of the hundred don't mind being unable to see much of the game)

you can see the glorious covered area for 100 spectators here
image.png.bd3e3c4dba84715b5ea159867e9132c0.png

19 hours ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Thoughts on above concept kit? ^

I quite like the look of your home top and think it has a modern and classy look.

With the old old sponsor, can understand why you've gone orange on the away top, but it's not for me. 

56 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch imagining Lesser being able to host Championship matches.

To be honest, if a team were to use Lesser, I'd rather it were the Strollers / B team. I don't see the pitch being up to two teams playing on it though.

Granted, a fair bit of work is still needed but we were promised "bigger and better" when the plans were changed to incorporate the royal box. What we have so far is smaller and worse. It may well be better for the teams (changing rooms) and directors (royal box) but for the ordinary fan, what we have is really disappointing. I still don't know what they were thinking of.

I'm not sure how much of an impact 'fan power' could really have but I do wonder if the most recent statement from the club is due to feeling pressure from supporters from forums such as this regarding playing staff.

The more pressure that supporters can put on the club to sort the mess around Lesser Hampden to get it into a state that is appropriate for a club at Championship level with aims to reach the Premiership then hopefully we might see some movement on that which I feel has stalled for the past year. 

I don't personally mind games at 'big hampden' but I think the best thing for the club going forward would be a lesser hampden with circa 5k capacity that would then provide an excellent atmosphere and environment for football. 

7 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I'm not sure how much of an impact 'fan power' could really have but I do wonder if the most recent statement from the club is due to feeling pressure from supporters from forums such as this regarding playing staff.

The more pressure that supporters can put on the club to sort the mess around Lesser Hampden to get it into a state that is appropriate for a club at Championship level with aims to reach the Premiership then hopefully we might see some movement on that which I feel has stalled for the past year. 

I don't personally mind games at 'big hampden' but I think the best thing for the club going forward would be a lesser hampden with circa 5k capacity that would then provide an excellent atmosphere and environment for football. 

As a strategy, Hampden works if it’s permanent. We hold none of the cards to make that the case and we all remember what happened the last time we relied on the goodwill of the SFA. We have to treat this as temporary or the custard pie in the chops is inevitable down the line.

I’m not particularly worried about the here and now. We’re back in the Southside and slowly seem to be getting our act together. It’s precarious, though. I’ll be quite blunt and say the one stand that has been built at Lesser is a complete embarrassment. It’s absolutely terrible in terms of capacity, viewing and being able to create any atmosphere. 

I don’t actually know how we could build a decent stadium without levelling the whole place, including royal box, recently built stand and JB McAlpine. There’s no world in which that’s happening, though. What we do need is a contingency plan if the rug is pulled. Laying the groundwork to build a support and being left without a suitable stadium would be a disaster. 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

I quite like the look of your home top and think it has a modern and classy look.

With the old old sponsor, can understand why you've gone orange on the away top, but it's not for me. 

Thanks for your feedback, I might create a new away kit.

31 minutes ago, an86 said:

As a strategy, Hampden works if it’s permanent. We hold none of the cards to make that the case and we all remember what happened the last time we relied on the goodwill of the SFA. We have to treat this as temporary or the custard pie in the chops is inevitable down the line.

We need a long term solution and not the haphazard solutions we've been handling (on the off field activities) for the last two or three years.

It's a business agreement with the SFA and, as such, lasts as long as the agreement is for. We have no idea what has been agreed or for how long. I'd accept Hampden as home if it was agreed for 10+ years, as you say - we hold none of the cards so are at the mercy of the SFA. A functional Lesser, with a capacity of 5K would be ideal from my point of view. Sadly, I don't think that building anything bigger at Lesser is possible really.

55 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Yeah, it would be good to get some identity for the club with oor own stadium.

55 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

image.png.4fe1aa43104a366478c1afc33f6cefaf.png

Is this one to appeal to the disillusioned livy fans?

To be honest I thought the first away kit you did was alright, this one as well tho. Mental away kits always get a thumbs up from me

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

A functional Lesser, with a capacity of 5K would be ideal from my point of view. Sadly, I don't think that building anything bigger at Lesser is possible really.

It probably would be possible with enough strategically placed terracing, iirc currently lesser can fit about 700, so if you could double the size of that stand and cram in enough standing area for 3000 (half the size of gayfield) at the ends then that's over 4000. 

3 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

It probably would be possible with enough strategically placed terracing, iirc currently lesser can fit about 700, so if you could double the size of that stand and cram in enough standing area for 3000 (half the size of gayfield) at the ends then that's over 4000. 

I think the current stand holds just under 1,000 and the 40 members of the Royale family take the capacity just over 1,000. I would love a decent terracing to be included.