The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Anytime there is even a crumb of optimism around QP the club manages to embarrass itself with nonsense like this. Every single season. 

supporting QP
image.png.a12dfacd4122580e9efd10ebfd1567af.png

Edited by Arachnophile

28 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Are there any members or committee members active within this forum?

I feel that the last few days has taken the stadium issue to a point of impasse. 

I wonder if there is provision within the constitution of the club (or whatever there happens to be) that would allow an EGM to be called if a required number of members asked for it.

It’s time that a focus on getting Lesser Hampden to a usable state becomes the primary objective & the club should announce what that plan is. If (as i’m sure it’ll be claimed to be) it is decried as impossible due to a lack of funds then discussion on raising funds is the first item on the agenda.

This forum is often referenced at AGMs etc, in a “don’t put this on pie and bovril” context. So everything on here is read yes 👋 

EGM can be called by a relatively small number of members and has been done a few times. Last couple of times I think a “members update” meeting was offered in response instead……………

From the Livi statement:

We didn’t have any input into the discussions regarding this, we were only informed of the change when the final decision had already been made

I can't help wondering what input, if any, QP had in the discussions or if the club merely received a diktat ordering them to reschedule. I look forward to clarification on this matter.

I like this from Livi:

Whilst we have every sympathy that unexpected issues can occur, we don’t believe our game should be the one inconvenienced to remedy that.

A point which they reiterate in the very next paragraph of their statement. Well said.

Obviously not being a member i’m not in a position to tell anyone what to do. But it seems to me that the situation has gone on long enough. I would imagine theres enough desire among the members to force the committee to at the very least commit to a plan for the stadium. 

Nobody would suggest that its an overnight fix but ignoring the problem in the hope it’ll go away has led us to the current farce.

Ayr united have proven that a stand can be built without the need to relocate. They’ve also proven that with a little bit of imagination both supporters and shareholders can be catered for in a single solution.

5 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Club has just announced that the Livi game is being moved from Sat afternoon to Friday evening. 

Just the start of us being shafted as I predicted. 

Granted that the upgrading of Lesser has been an absolute farce but does anyone want the Livi game to take place on the Saturday given what will be happening at Hampden at the same time.

To date the SFA doesn't appear to have gone against the agreement with QP. They have simply allowed Sevco to play at Hampden when we weren't going to.  Of course the shit may really hit the fan if Sevco get an extension beyond the beginning of September. 

With regard to the rebuild fiasco don't members need to take some responsibility.  They voted for the committee and the committee ought to have had oversight of the whole project. It seems to me that there was a serious failure of governance at the very least.

The problem, unfortunately, is that any serious development of Lesser into a serviceable Championship level stadia would involve ripping down the Royal Box and building an actual stand for actual fans on that side. 

54 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

With regard to the rebuild fiasco don't members need to take some responsibility. 

Interested as to what you think the members should have done? The support, as a whole, has largely been pretty passive throughout the various shambolic episodes of recent years. Most boards would have received a much, much harder time than they have. 

I’ve said before that I think the current structure of the club is completely unfit for purpose. In fact, it’s a complete charade. Nobody actually believes that the committee is running the show here. Until we actually have a serious conversation about that, nothing will change. 

The whole Hampden/ Lesser Hampden scenario is a farce and shouldn't be allowed. The club made their bed by building that wonderful wee stand and should be forced to lie in it however the SFA continues to roll over and let Queens Park have their way. Embarrassing stuff. 

Been said before but Hampden should not be getting used for championship league games. Playing in a soulless stadium opened up for a couple of thousand people (at best) is wrong but Haughey and Co will continue to get their way. It's a total shitshow and I feel for some Queens Park fans.

7 hours ago, an86 said:

Interested as to what you think the members should have done? The support, as a whole, has largely been pretty passive throughout the various shambolic episodes of recent years. Most boards would have received a much, much harder time than they have. 

I’ve said before that I think the current structure of the club is completely unfit for purpose. In fact, it’s a complete charade. Nobody actually believes that the committee is running the show here. Until we actually have a serious conversation about that, nothing will change. 

Passive or head in the sand/ignorant maybe? Some fans happy to go along with it all while the team were on a good run. Papering over the cracks.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Passive or head in the sand/ignorant maybe? Some fans happy to go along with it all while the team were on a good run. Papering over the cracks.

Would suggest that anyone who thinks that hasn’t been paying attention. The same complaints fans have now have been the ones being aired for years. The season we nearly won the league was played 30 miles away from Glasgow. I don’t know of a single person who was happy to go along with that. 

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Would suggest that anyone who thinks that hasn’t been paying attention. The same complaints fans have now have been the ones being aired for years. The season we nearly won the league was played 30 miles away from Glasgow. I don’t know of a single person who was happy to go along with that. 

That's fair. I can only take what I've read on here.

On 13/07/2024 at 00:34, qpfc said:

Surely there must of been some sort of due diligence on his fitness before offering him a new contract regardless of how talented a footballer he is. Awful luck going through an injury like he has but what value are we necessarily getting here? Davidson said tail end of last season that he’d be back for pre season ? Has he had another set back? 

I'm maybe in the minority here thinking that offering Savoury a new contract was morally at least the right thing to do?  

Personally I have far more issue with offering Stuart McKinstry a contract, someone imho who's reputation and talk far outweighed any deliverance on the pitch; he's presumably on a wage with us yet hasn't appeared on a team-sheet and I'm guessing won't any time soon.  All transfer talk has seemingly gone quiet.  Anyone with any further insight?

59 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

however the SFA continues to roll over and let Queens Park have their way

Mmmm, this may be blinkered bias but in the grand scheme of Rangers, the SFA, QP and Haughey I always have the impression if anyone is 'rolling over' it's most likely QP.

7 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Mmmm, this may be blinkered bias but in the grand scheme of Rangers, the SFA, QP and Haughey I always have the impression if anyone is 'rolling over' it's most likely QP.

Why?

You're the one with a stadium that's usable that's requesting to play at someone else's ground. Rangers need to use a different ground than Ibrox and the SFA are under no obligation to help anybody. I genuinely can't think of any other club who actively chooses to not use their own stadium season after season?

You're not "rolling over", you're just in the weakest position. Feels like if you start acting the c**t then Hampden goes as an option and you either use Lesser or return to Stenhousemuir. 

10 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

I think you need to include Police Scotland as well here - there's no way they let Rangers v Motherwell be moved to a Friday night.

25 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

I'm maybe in the minority here thinking that offering Savoury a new contract was morally at least the right thing to do?  

Personally I have far more issue with offering Stuart McKinstry a contract, someone imho who's reputation and talk far outweighed any deliverance on the pitch; he's presumably on a wage with us yet hasn't appeared on a team-sheet and I'm guessing won't any time soon.  All transfer talk has seemingly gone quiet.  Anyone with any further insight?

I've read on here that the contract offer to McKinstry was probably a smart ploy to ensure the club gets a development should he sign with anyone else.  Haven't heard any snippets about McKinstry's whereabouts either.

I think we all know our place in the food chain on the stadium stuff. We could have a 4000 seater at Lesser and we’d still get bumped to the Friday because Rangers are at Hampden.

That's not the issue. It’s the lack of information and engagement and then an update that’s so embarrassingly brief and lacking in any sort of contrition that it alienates supporters (of multiple clubs) and we’re back talking about EGM’s.

This is obviously a difficult situation to organise - lots of different stakeholders with competing priorities. Why not just own this and give regular full, frank, humble updates instead of the classic ‘we know best - keep them in the dark untiL the last minute’ routine. 

11 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

I would hope that a more detailed statement is even now being prepared by the QP president and committee which would include apologies to QP and Livi fans for the inconvenience caused by the date shift and a thank you to Livingston FC for their forbearance. I would also hope that QP fans will receive a clarification on the stadium situation for our upcoming September and October fixtures at Hampden as soon as possible.

I would love to see a statement like that but don't think that will happen. The simple financial reality is that the club will likely make more cash this season in the sales of Paton, Bannon & co than ticket sales at our current attendance levels.  Until that dynamic changes we are not going to be front of mind for the committee.  Their attention I suspect will be on seeking the views of our generous benefactor and catering to those. And if previous posts about LWH's role in the rebuild  are accurate they don't really have much choice. We probably owe LWH money for the rebuild, quite possobly more than the actual worth of the land and stadium according to some posts, which if accurate, leaves us in a very vulnerable position.  So I for one don't expect to see much leadership from the committee, they probably don't have much control of the situation themselves.  But that needn't stop them hiring someone who can write a decent news release.