The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Paul Paton wants a word.... 01:30.....

2nd best goal I've ever seen live, the other one was some guy Zidane.....

Whit's Craig Telfer doing posting that?

Chris Hamilton 90th minute winner away at Albion rovers back in 2009. Absolute screamer 

Same game Gaston produced the best save I’ve ever seen in person 

43 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

(didn’t make it onto the champions video)

Incidental note, but I remember watching that video as a kid and it was class, qptv needs to get on doing stuff like that for all our seasons nowadays
I reckon you could dress last season up as quite heroic at the end if you had the power of editing and music etc, and they've not got much else on during the summer

3 hours ago, behindthelens said:

A work in progress with plenty of scope for refining, but we are hoping to be able to add more of this type of content this season in addition to the usual match highlights. 

Fantastic play from Maciver and a brilliant strike. But that is a world class save from Ferrie.

Interesting (and potentially horrendous) wee nugget from Davidson in the pre-game chat on the BBC... 

"We need to get points on the board and as the season starts to settle down, we'll see where we are and what we need player-wise and take it from there..."

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Interesting (and potentially horrendous) wee nugget from Davidson in the pre-game chat on the BBC... 

"We need to get points on the board and as the season starts to settle down, we'll see where we are and what we need player-wise and take it from there..."

Worrying indeed. Could be an acceptance that he could not get the guys he wanted.

5 hours ago, behindthelens said:

A work in progress with plenty of scope for refining, but we are hoping to be able to add more of this type of content this season in addition to the usual match highlights. 

Really good stuff, that. 

Luke Donnelly a few seasons ago, sure it was the last game of the season v Arbroath. Edge of the box, chest, thigh, side foot into top right corner. 

Chased out the club by morons because he didn’t waste energy chasing lost causes 

“As a result of that connection Queen’s Park’s Director of Football, Darren O’Donnell invited me over on trial in February for two weeks. I returned home after the trial and then received an invitation to join shortly afterwards. I have been over in Glasgow for a month now.”

Darren O’Donnell who wasn’t our director of football till the summer was inviting players to have trials in February 

27 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

“As a result of that connection Queen’s Park’s Director of Football, Darren O’Donnell invited me over on trial in February for two weeks. I returned home after the trial and then received an invitation to join shortly afterwards. I have been over in Glasgow for a month now.”

Darren O’Donnell who wasn’t our director of football till the summer was inviting players to have trials in February 

The article absolutely reeks of trying to make O’Donnell seem relevant and competent as possible 

finally coming on here after friday, don't normally post straight after the game in the heat of the moment, so put myself through the anguish of watching the full 90 on the beeb. (and the very well produced 'inside the matchday' on youtube).

cannot possibly praise ferrie more than the support already have done over the past 2 years, but he really is just the best goalkeeper in the division, and could probably walk into a top 6 premiership club outside the two arsecheeks.

could tell ujdur was some way off of fitness, constantly getting caught out of position and / or just slow to get into position. thought kerr, again was very good. how thomson was even walking 2 minutes after that bump with ferrie nevermind putting in a good performance at centre half against a very attacking team was mindblowing.

multiple instances where longridge just refused to drive into the 5 - 10 yards of space in front of him, and instead opted to pass backwards to thomson, whereas hinds done the complete opposite and created one of our best chances of the game 2 minutes after coming on.

it's very clear that we are a cert for relegation if we rely on dom thomas doing dom thomas things, and scoring wonder goals from outside the box, he's got about 8 of those in him a season, it's up to rudden, macgregor, turner, savoury to make sure that the actual chances we get inside the box are converted.

as for the support discourse, i can see both sides, but i mean, the constant groaning about the stadium issues, or signing players, happens every day on here anyway ? it's quite easy to see, whether you attend every game, or are a fan of another club in the division, queen's park are a complete laughing stock at the moment, and there's many things both on and off the pitch that need improvement. an improvement, that the club - from a supporters point of view - are taking no steps to work towards ! i mean davidson is still practically crying out for at least 2 or 3 first team ready players, we seem to be recieving the news on where we play, and what night we play on a month in advance through the daily record, so i feel like whether it be on p&b, or at the games, it's pretty acceptable to be voicing concern, before we take what looks to be an eventual nosedive back to the seasides.

5 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Yeah I don't think we're signing any other players for the first team until January, other than a possible odd loanee. This is it. 

20 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Yeah I don't think we're signing any other players for the first team until January, other than a possible odd loanee. This is it. 

I think we need a centre half, a centre mid and a centre forward, or we’re toast.

Good few teams splashing the cash this summer - feels like we’re just sitting it out and trying not to get dragged into a spirally-high-wage- situations (despite the moneybags fc tag).

Maybe that will change if it looks like we’re in trouble?

Look forward to some panic signings when we are inevitably sitting on 0 points after the first four games.

No way this squad gets anything at Airdrie or Thistle and I don’t fancy our chances on Friday much either.