The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

My calculations say 784 seats there, with what looks like a section for wheelchairs towards the right

Actually I made it 960 using my photo and yours! All a bit approximate but here's my working - 5 large blocks of seats at 168 seats each (6 rows of 28 seats)  = 840, plus 2 small end blocks of seats at 88 seats each = 1016. However 2 rows at the back of one of the larger blocks have been removed for wheelchairs so that's 56 seats less, giving a total of 960. I believe it's 6 rows of seats but the front row isn't visible in our photos. Should be some view from them. The view from the air below shows that there is now space for a similar stand on the south side of the pitch. If both stands had been built simultaneously then Lesser could have opened with a capacity of 1400 - 1500. 

From the dreaded FollowFollow:

1373414012_lesserfromabove.thumb.jpg.641b0a78bc241451011dada73ab3871f.jpg

2 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Noticed a third floodlight pylon had been erected last week at the south west corner, a fourth is lying behind the goal at the north end of the ground. 

Anyway, as enjoyable as recent performances and results have been, each win is magnifying the absolute mess Leanne Dempster and the committee have made of Lesser. 

To put it into perspective, they have now taken longer to build a single tier 1,200 capacity stand than it took to build the 17,000 capacity two tier stand at the main stadium in the late nineties. 

Not trying to be a pedantic dick, but:

i) Isn't it slightly less than 1,000 seats?

ii) there is the mitigating factor of a global pandemic to consider.

After the state of Partick Thistle's pitch, when you were sharing with them, I cannot see any club with a grass surface approving a ground share. If you were promoted, the very obvious place to play your games would be ('Greater') Hampden. I wonder of the SPFL would allow your home ground to be the 'Hampden Complex', in which case you could play your home matches against Livingston, Ross Country, et al, at Lesser and the bigger clubs at 'Greater'.

You could potentially have the fifth or sixth highest attendance if you were to give the Old Firm 40,000 allocations. :) 

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’d assume a couple of dumpy Cove style stands behind the goals for opening up? Otherwise you surely aren’t going there this season. 

That was kinda suggested but seems to have been walked back a bit. 

It really is a pish state of affairs. Huge credit to the players, OC and Beuker but Dempster the committee and the Lor£ have made an unforgivable arse out of the Lesser development. 

27 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

You could potentially have the fifth or sixth highest attendance if you were to give the Old Firm 40,000 allocations. :) 

Er, that's the St Johnstone Cup Tie Controversy writ very very large.

I would hope a successful QP would pinch young supporters from the OF rather than just bow down to them like everyone else.

12 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I would hope a successful QP would pinch young supporters from the OF rather than just bow down to them like everyone else.

Their visits in the Third Division season were nauseating displays of red carpet behaviour. I would hope that it wouldn’t be repeated, should the occasion arise again. Everything we do should be about us, with the opponents being completely incidental. 

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

You've made it! 

Lots of hot takes on the push for the Premier League, wild theories about club ownership/being a newco (weird that Rangers fans are interested in that eh?), also one or two suggesting that Queens Park would be in cahoots with Celtic when it comes to voting on various SPFL issues, solely there for any veto that Celtic might wish to enforce. Not footballing purposes. 

Queens Park and the Premier League | FollowFollow.com

Some fairly supportive comments in there. For better or worse, if people are talking about us I hope some of them are interested in paying to watch football, even occasionally, on the southside of Glasgow and away from the OF. You only need to look at the backs of the buses clogging up the motorway system to know that a big chunk of the OF support are leaving areas with senior football teams. Must be some capacity left in Glasgow and the surrounds.

Just sad that we're sitting at the top of the Championship, with room to spare, and playing excellent fitba and all people want to talk about is the stadium and how it's getting paid for. 

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

53 minutes ago, an86 said:

Their visits in the Third Division season were nauseating displays of red carpet behaviour. I would hope that it wouldn’t be repeated, should the occasion arise again. Everything we do should be about us, with the opponents being completely incidental. 

30,000 x £25 = £750,000

Three Old Firm games = £2,250,000

How many clubs' fans would want to see their club play at Hampden? I think, at least initially, attendances would be quite lucrative. 

10 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

30,000 x £25 = £750,000

Three Old Firm games = £2,250,000

How many clubs' fans would want to see their club play at Hampden? I think, at least initially, attendances would be quite lucrative. 

No particular issue with it, as long as it doesn’t involve fawning. 

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The rules just say that a section of the ground should be provided for away fans, there's nothing about a specific number of tickets.

Just allocate 1 deckchair on the opposite side of the stadium.  Put it in a bus shelter type structure. Provide a portaloo.  

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The rules just say that a section of the ground should be provided for away fans, there's nothing about a specific number of tickets.

& We'll charge the old firm £1,000 per ticket. Sure we'll find 1000 daft bigots to stump up.