The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Well that was good fun, eh? Lot's of positives but how good is Cammy Bruce? This also sounds daft given Paton scored 4 - but I really liked the look of McLeish when he came on.

Cam Bruce has impressed me every time I've seen him - very mature player for his age and puts everything into the match. Great prospect.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Cam Bruce has impressed me every time I've seen him - very mature player for his age and puts everything into the match. Great prospect.

Didn't make the game last night, (probably for the best as the last two I attended were 1-0 losses).  Cam Bruce has started the Livvy, Motherwell and Elgin games, (cant remember re East Fife).  Is this him getting increased game time pre season or has Robson fallen down the pecking order?

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Didn't make the game last night, (probably for the best as the last two I attended were 1-0 losses).  Cam Bruce has started the Livvy, Motherwell and Elgin games, (cant remember re East Fife).  Is this him getting increased game time pre season or has Robson fallen down the pecking order?

I think it’s really important that Robson has genuine competition for the left back slot as I felt his game went a wee bit downhill once he got the captaincy last season, yet we had nobody to come in for him. I remember at firhill in the playoffs, we had to play marcel oakley at left back.

Even the opening game against east fife, I thought Robson looked miles off it. Genuinely hasn’t surprised me at all that he’s been sub the last couple matches

Bruce has been highly touted by rangers and Celtic and clubs down south prior to signing his professional contract at the start of last season. Pretty sure I even read an article that we had turned down a couple bids around that time. I want to see him up against QOTS to see how he copes before thinking of playing him against Inverness first day of the league campaign

Long overdue, but we've finally been able to sit down with Marijn Beuker for a fairly long episode of the podcast.

He talked about his career, "the process", and how things are looking for the upcoming season.

Hopefully it's as interesting to listen to as it was for us to record - available on Spotify and Apple Music now:

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Long overdue, but we've finally been able to sit down with Marijn Beuker for a fairly long episode of the podcast.

He talked about his career, "the process", and how things are looking for the upcoming season.

Hopefully it's as interesting to listen to as it was for us to record - available on Spotify and Apple Music now:

Fascinating listen. Well done guys for just shutting up and letting Marijn talk!!

Just now, On the bench said:

Fascinating listen. Well done guys for just shutting up and letting Marijn talk!!

We had a lot more questions for him that we didn't manage to get through, it could easily have been double the length!

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

We had a lot more questions for him that we didn't manage to get through, it could easily have been double the length!

Indeed, he doesn't do short answers, does he?

A good listen & fascinating to see how it all works out over the next few years.

What are the chances of our game at Arbroath being switched from the midweek in October to the free weekend in August, given that we’re both out of the League Cup? Probably makes a lot of sense for them in terms of guys getting away from work etc. 

Edited by an86

15 hours ago, Zanetti said:

That was a really good listen. I'm impressed with Beuker's ambition, and even more so with his ideas about improving players, as opposed to just buying replacements, and with giving everyone a proper chance to succeed at youth level; two simple ideas that go absolutely against the standard grain of thought in Scottish football.

Even though I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title again this season (and frankly I'd be happy with mid-table obscurity, just like I would have been last year and the year before...), I haven't been so enthusiastic at the start of a season for years, maybe decades. It feels like all the pieces are now in place and this is (hopefully) the start of something special.

Also, been lurking a while, but first post, so hi everyone.

22 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

That was a really good listen. I'm impressed with Beuker's ambition, and even more so with his ideas about improving players, as opposed to just buying replacements, and with giving everyone a proper chance to succeed at youth level; two simple ideas that go absolutely against the standard grain of thought in Scottish football.

Even though I'm not expecting us to challenge for the title again this season (and frankly I'd be happy with mid-table obscurity, just like I would have been last year and the year before...), I haven't been so enthusiastic at the start of a season for years, maybe decades. It feels like all the pieces are now in place and this is (hopefully) the start of something special.

Also, been lurking a while, but first post, so hi everyone.

Welcome - you are one of the few folk in Leith who are enthusiastic today.

35 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Fascinating interview, gents. So much in it, I'll be listening to it again.

Top marks, David, for your pronunciation of the Dutch players' names. 

To have only been corrected on one name was one of the highlights of my year.

Club open until 6pm. We’re not half looking the sap the soul out of absolutely everything. One of the shit aspects of being away from the Southside was not having a central hub where folk would actually meet, talk, laugh and occasionally disagree for a few hours. We’ve been consulted on none of the things that are important to us. No point in even complaining. “We’ll listen and we’ll communicate better” has been the chat since Dempster arrived. Not going to change now. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

We’ll listen and we’ll communicate better” has been the chat since Dempster arrived.

Genuinely thought she would be a game changer at this level and maybe she has been in securing the funding required to rent Hampden, redevelop Lesser Hampden and run such a highly paid squad.

But from the outside looking in the decisions have been poorly made and the communications have been even worse. Hope you have a good SLO who can enact some long overdue change.

Motherwell have got alot right since becoming fan owned and I think dempster ended up taking alot of credit for putting things together that she wasn't exactly responsible for and made a career from that.  She could well be a talented CEO still, but its clear she is very flawed in certain areas and unless the club she's working at has a structure that alleviates that it can't end well.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Club open until 6pm. We’re not half looking the sap the soul out of absolutely everything. One of the shit aspects of being away from the Southside was not having a central hub where folk would actually meet, talk, laugh and occasionally disagree for a few hours. We’ve been consulted on none of the things that are important to us. No point in even complaining. “We’ll listen and we’ll communicate better” has been the chat since Dempster arrived. Not going to change now. 

Open till 7pm.