The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

So what do we reckon to the new away kit? Got mine and quite chuffed with it.  

IMG-20230828-WA0001.jpeg

I'm not buying either kit. Keeping fingers crossed for an outrageous third kit but it's Adidas so not gonna happen, I guess. Will get my hands on some training gear as soon as they become available. 

Was looking forward to getting a new home shirt for this season for the first time in a long while and felt completely underwhelmed by what we have been stuck with.

This is the kind of thing that's important to the support and could easily have been worked around with a bit of dialogue between the interested parties. 

That said, I do like the away top so I've opted for that instead.

When I first heard that we were teaming up with Adidas I thought I might have been tempted to buy one of each if I'd really liked what was on offer.

I really hope that the club takes this kind of feedback on board and doesn't ignore our collective feelings re messing with the ' Glorious Hoops' in future.

A Chat With… Grant Savoury🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Grant discusses coming through at Celtic, moving to Peterhead and his time so far at current club Queens Park.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQgMp-wNmA
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Bs4maG1hWSeYefJubkZBx?si=JVgpscJXRqCL8_rkH2i79Q
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-grant-savoury/id1570371231?i=1000626074536

6 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It was a tactical mistake and that's why he was subbed off. I know it's an incredibly competitive league (and that's why I love it) and almost every game is equally difficult but this was a Glasgow derby. 

No it was THE Glasgow Derby.

21 hours ago, an86 said:

Aye, a notable lack of punters kicking around in the home one. In fairness, at least the away one can pass as a QP away shirt. I reckon that’ll sell better than the home, which I still can’t believe got the OK. Loved the Adidas idea when I heard it, but the assumption was that they’d deliver to our specifications. If they can’t, then we should go somewhere that can.

Brand association. Marketing people who have no real regard for the club but believe connecting with premier brands will get results. Oh, and maybe some loose association with another big club that Adidas really want to work with.

20 hours ago, an86 said:

On another note btw, does anyone remember Leeann Dempster? What club is she at these days? 

See above.

See Man U and Man City are all aboard the Callan McKenna hype-train (BBC Scottish gossip / S*n)... maybe they turned a blind eye to all of those floaty passes out to Bruce on Saturday. The ones that took so long to arrive that he had 3 players on him by the time he got the ball... 

Sure Bruce got a roasting, but that kind of thing didn't help... neither did the fact that he was the only one apart from Spong consistently showing for the ball. Hope we're working on a bit more movement from the other midfielders and wide players this week - to open up some passing options. 

4 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Really hope we get some news in the coming days about some additional signings but it’s all been very quiet since Williamson went out on loan.

We definitely feel light in midfield and up front.

Need 2 players I feel. A striker is an absolute necessity and someone to play in between the midfield and strikers. With Savoury out until March, the only other player that can fill that role is Jarrett who despite being a tidy wee player, never seems to take his chance when starting. 

In an ideal world, I’d love to sign Connor smith again on loan. Seems to have kicked on further from last time around at us and can play that midfield, winger or even striker role if needs must. Im sure we offered him a deal at the end of the 21/22 season but chose to sign a new deal at Hearts understandably. Seems like Hearts are wanting him loaned out again this season  

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

See Man U and Man City are all aboard the Callan McKenna hype-train (BBC Scottish gossip / S*n)... maybe they turned a blind eye to all of those floaty passes out to Bruce on Saturday. The ones that took so long to arrive that he had 3 players on him by the time he got the ball... 

Sure Bruce got a roasting, but that kind of thing didn't help... neither did the fact that he was the only one apart from Spong consistently showing for the ball. Hope we're working on a bit more movement from the other midfielders and wide players this week - to open up some passing options. 

Bruce is going to have to deal with that, though. I’m sure he’s going to be a good player, but Saturday was a huge lesson. He’s 17, so he’s going to have more games like that. Same as McKenna will likely fling a few into the net and the midfield will sometimes get bossed. It’s just where we are as a team.

It’s not even just the age. Seven of our least experienced starters on Saturday had around the same first team appearances combined as Grant Savoury has in total. Nobody would describe him as a seasoned pro. In fact, I think most would agree that he has bags of development potential when he gets back from injury. That’s how inexperienced we are. 

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Need 2 players I feel. A striker is an absolute necessity and someone to play in between the midfield and strikers. With Savoury out until March, the only other player that can fill that role is Jarrett who despite being a tidy wee player, never seems to take his chance when starting. 

In an ideal world, I’d love to sign Connor smith again on loan. Seems to have kicked on further from last time around at us and can play that midfield, winger or even striker role if needs must. Im sure we offered him a deal at the end of the 21/22 season but chose to sign a new deal at Hearts understandably. Seems like Hearts are wanting him loaned out again this season  

Don't disagree with what we need but I do think Jarrett has not had a decent run to try and establish himself. He is a good player and could fill that role but he comes in for one game, generally gets subbed or dropped back to the bench for the next game. He needs to build his confidence. I would like to see him have a run of three or four games on the trot before passing judgement.

30 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Don't disagree with what we need but I do think Jarrett has not had a decent run to try and establish himself. He is a good player and could fill that role but he comes in for one game, generally gets subbed or dropped back to the bench for the next game. He needs to build his confidence. I would like to see him have a run of three or four games on the trot before passing judgement.

That’s fair. He’s been unfortunate to have never had a real proper run in the side. There was a spell October/November when Savoury lost his place last season where he started a good 6/7 games in a row and looked excellent, even contributing with a couple goals. He got injured and never really got back into the team from then on

The issue is that his position requires a match winner type profile, which Savoury showed on countless occasions. Ive never seen Jarrett grab a game by the scruff of the neck to win us matches when things weren’t going to plan (admittedly on limited minutes) Even this season, he made a positive impact coming on at home Arbroath and was rewarded with a start in the reverse fixture and was almost anonymous. It’s a real opportunity for the guy to be a mainstay with Savoury Injured but he’s not grabbed it as of yet which is a shame as there’s a player there 

For me, Turner and Jarrett are two promising young players that haven't quite settled in to the team style for this season yet. We know Jarrett can do as he did do towards the end of last season. Turner is still a new lad and is taking a little longer to settle in than some of the others. I feel he has the potential to become a good stalwart in the team but he will need to improve quite a bit to get there. It's early days yet - I don't write any of them off.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

For me, Turner and Jarrett are two promising young players that haven't quite settled in to the team style for this season yet. We know Jarrett can do as he did do towards the end of last season. Turner is still a new lad and is taking a little longer to settle in than some of the others. I feel he has the potential to become a good stalwart in the team but he will need to improve quite a bit to get there. It's early days yet - I don't write any of them off.

Aye, I’ve seen people on here and in the stand hound Turner already which I find bizzare. I don’t think he’s been bad at all but admittedly I’m unsure what type of player he actually is. Is he defensive minded? Is he box to box ? I’ve not a clue yet. I think the main thing is that I don’t think he’s fully adapted to the pace of the matches. That’s not to say he’s been miles off it but he’s maybe not been as sharp in comparison to his midfield partners in Spong and Thomson 

Edited by qpfc