The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Raith fans down the front squaring up to a bunch of schoolchildren and our under 9s team wasn't ideal.

The under 9s team would probably take them in a fight.

Joking aside, thats pretty shite, hopefully someone reported the wee neds. They really do need a booting.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The under 9s team would probably take them in a fight.

Joking aside, thats pretty shite, hopefully someone reported the wee neds. They really do need a booting.

I don't mind guys getting behind their team. I can understand them being buzzing after that (who wouldn't be?) but the shouting, swearing, gesturing, and running into the home end towards them at the 2nd and 3rd goals was ridiculous.

On a human level, I feel for him. Seems a nice guy, who is hurting and genuinely cares. However, there is something badly wrong here and it has to change quickly.

Could read an awful lot into his comments on “boys football.” Maybe he can see what we can all see as well. Whether he’s in a position to do anything about it may be another matter. A shit show. 

1 minute ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

In his interview he talks of it being important his team knows that they’re no longer playing boys football, but it’s men’s football. It’s his decision to sub the ‘boys’ on after all?

Extremely poor recruitment and planning yet again. 

Is it his decision though or is his boss making him do it 

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

I assume we'll find out around January, if a) he's still in position, (likely) and b) what the recruitment is like then.  If it's more of the same, then we know.

That’s the problem. There is a complete lack of accountability all across the club. The committee will claim they call the shots, but I’ll crack the jokes.

Who decides if Dempster isn’t doing her job? Who decides if Beuker isn’t doing his job? Who decides if Veldman isn’t doing his job? It may all come back to Haughey, but within the internal procedures of the club, he doesn’t get to sign off on any of these decisions because he’s neither elected or employed.

With the exception of the commercial department, which is the only area of the club which actually seems to do what it is supposed to do, there is nothing about the management structure or line of responsibility that is clear. 

Why change the team from the last 3 weeks, undefeated and going in the right direction. Reid didn’t deserve to be dropped, he builds things from the back by feeding our fullbacks instead of the consistent long diagonals that we saw today.

The subs didn’t lose us the game, missed chances yet again and wrong decision making cost us dearly. Zac Mauchin put a shift in when he came on.

8 minutes ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

Why change the team from the last 3 weeks, undefeated and going in the right direction. Reid didn’t deserve to be dropped, he builds things from the back by feeding our fullbacks instead of the consistent long diagonals that we saw today.

The subs didn’t lose us the game, missed chances yet again and wrong decision making cost us dearly. Zac Mauchin put a shift in when he came on.

Sorry the subs cost us the game 

20 minutes ago, an86 said:

Who decides if Dempster isn’t doing her job? Who decides if Beuker isn’t doing his job? Who decides if Veldman isn’t doing his job? It may all come back to Haughey, but within the internal procedures of the club, he doesn’t get to sign off on any of these decisions because he’s neither elected or employed.

With the exception of the commercial department, which is the only area of the club which actually seems to do what it is supposed to do, there is nothing about the management structure or line of responsibility that is clear. 

We know what we're doing, just pay your money each week, let the big boys deal with the important stuff under the light of that chandelier and don't ask any questions.

16 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

Sorry the subs cost us the game 

Should the game not have been out of sight before then, how many chances are we going to create and miss.

We need an out and out goal scorer, it is so easy to blame the defence, tactics etc after a defeat but if you consistently miss chance after chance….you won’t win games

Edited by Take Me Home Cathcart Road

6 minutes ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

Should the game not have been out of sight before then, how many chances are we going to create and miss.

We need an out and out goal scorer, it is so easy to blame the defence, tactics etc after a defeat but if you consistently miss chance after chance….you won’t win games

We’re the fourth top scorers in the league. We have the leakiest defence in the league. Our number 9 is the joint top scorer in the league. 

1 minute ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

We need an out and out goal scorer,

I mean we do literally have the joint top scorer in the league up top. Depth is badly needed but I’d more inclined to say we need more goals from out wide. I love Thomas but he’s not got a goalscoring bone in his body 

Defence is honking which is our issue, barring the obvious managerial dud in the dugout. McPherson has kicked on nicely at right back but the amount of times Tommy Robson has been posted missing defensively recently has been disappointing. An incredibly consistent performer for large parts of his time at QP but I feel like he’s never reached the levels since February time when he took on the captaincy 

11 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

“Putting in a shift” isn’t enough though is it

The current approach is neither helping the team nor the players on an individual level 

Unlike Veldman, I wouldn't put the blame on any of the boys who played today (except maybe Hepburn, who failed to get in the game after he came on). This is 100% on Veldman just like it has been for the last 10 games without a win. And it's simply mind-boggling to hear him say that he is disappointed in the team and that this is "men's football, not boys' football", when he was the one who replaced the "men" on the pitch with children yet again today when all we needed was maturity and composure. Managers who lose games like this start by apologising to the fans instead of saying how disappointed they are in the team. What a p***k!