The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

What a sorry excuse for a football team we are. Even on the rare occasions we take the lead we instantly turn into a shambolic mess.

From the players, little quality, composure or fight on display. 

The interim coach, or whatever he is, had no answer to a simple but effective tactical switch from Airdrie at half time, (how many near misses from that through ball they kept playing?)

The snake oil salesman Beuker leaving behind a squad with zero depth meaning we have guys dead on their feet at the end of every game with no viable options to bring on.

And in the boardroom, no apparent leadership, accountability or direction. The transfer window opens in days and what are we doing…….

Zero Talent indeed

Until we have a serious conversation about the structure of the football club, we’re going nowhere. So many folk with non-jobs at the club, enjoying perks and contributing the sum total of nothing. There is no accountability for anything. 

There will be elections to the committee in the coming weeks and there will be folk who I’m backing, but regardless of what happens, anyone who thinks the wider support has any confidence in the current hierarchy is kidding themselves. Not that they actually care about that sort of thing.

We don’t actually know if our manager is our manager and we don’t know what stadium we’re playing at next season. We’re also bottom of the league through a mixture of complete arrogance and utter delusion. We deserve it tbh. Club needs gutted from top to bottom. 

Edited by an86

Today's loss, the lack of attacking threat against United and the inevitable thrashing from our neighbours surely reinforces the need for experience on both the touchline and on the pitch. Disappointed there has been no announcement on the manager and I fear our activity in the January window is going to be restricted to Beuker's targets. We are starting to get cut adrift and with 2 games in the coming week things are unlikely to improve anytime soon. 

It’s abundantly clear that the players are gone mentally. Another week where we went from reasonably competent to an absolute disgrace between half time. I don’t think players have chucked it necessarily but there’s a few hiding in there when the going gets tough. Players acting busy but actually having zero impact or real desire for the team. We immediately started the 2nd half playing deep and yet we still end up getting sliced apart ? The amount of errors leading up to both of Airdrie’s goals were comical. Literally 20 seconds before the equaliser, Bannon produced an absolute howler only for Todorov to miss a sitter. Yet we still go and concede the resulting corner (how many corners have we conceded now in the exact manner?) The final goal was embarrassing. We were playing like we were chasing the game and had almost nobody back. Beyond forgivable given that we’re never learning 

The manager has to be appointed as a matter of urgency as in before thistle on tuesday. We cannot go into arguably the most important and critical transfer window in our professional era and not have a manager making decisions to improve our dreadful and threadbare squad. If we show no urgency, we’re obviously content with league 1 football next season 

January window approaching and we honestly need a good 6-7 players. Even though he’s had a less than impressive loan stint at Cove, I’d be looking to recall Williamson just an option on the bench when Paton is knackered.

x2 central (experienced) Defenders 

Experienced central midfielder 

left back 

Striker (maybe even 2) 

winger 

Given the lack of game time for both, I wouldn’t be surprised to see either Hepburn’s loan terminated or Healy loaned out. Both totally out the picture 

Edited by qpfc

22 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

The big need is for some help up top for Paton. We did not again have a striker on the bench. When Paton got a yellow card and wondered who would go up front if he got sent off? Airdrie were able to bring on a forward who made a difference. We don not have that option and we need to do something about it!

Paton has, largely so far this season, been given a bit of a free pass - at least on here, but I'm beginning to get more and more frustrated by him.  

His body language at times is woeful, head going down or shaking every time the ball doesn't come to him, yet he's painfully slow at times and when it does come to him there has increasingly been zero end product.  During the first half there was a breakout on the RHS where Thomas was running down the wing surrounded by three Airdrie players, Paton, pretty much alone in the middle, was jogging forward about 5-10m behind.

For all the criticism earlier in the season, Jack Turner is about our only real threat going forward.  

Was Paton on the park? Oh, he must have been. He was booked. Greatest achievement for several games.

That aside, our club is rotten. Destroyed by a committee who are clueless and only interested in their own interests. Hunter is an absolute w****r. Dempster who is not interested allowing herself to be completely hoodwinked by a Dutch arsehole who had no credentials for the job and here we are. We turned professional to supposedly avoid the Lowland League and if we are not bankrupted before it we will surely end up there pretty soon, but as professionals. I tell you now our club is in great danger of extinction.

On 18/12/2023 at 10:57, Spider Rico said:

If we don’t win on Friday (haha) then  13 league games without a win will see us beat season 2001-2002 where we went 12 games without a win at the start of the season, a run ended with a win of East Stirlingshire.

The longest we went in season 2013-2014 was 9 games without a win.

Fourteen league games without a win now. Fourteen.

The urgency for a new manager being put in place increases every day. I hope those lucky enough to be invited to the AGM are able to ask the questions of the committee as to why the process is taken (or hopefully by then) had taken so long. I like Paul but he seems a little out of his depth at the moment but wouldn’t be against him remaining as part of the coaching staff.

I’ve said before I’m keen that its Tam Courts who takes over, but right now I’m doubting we’re any closer to having someone in place than we were the day Robin left.

27 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Fourteen league games without a win now. Fourteen.

I mean, I was fearful last season that had we been promoted we were likely to be pumped mercilessly each week; I did not expect to have my fears come to fruition in the Championship, but there you go.  Is there another team out there with similar, or worse record this season?

Re January, the worry is who actually is available and of sufficient quality (and affordability) that would actually want to come to this sh*tstorm at the moment?

Edited by Spider1975

3 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

The urgency for a new manager being put in place increases every day. I hope those lucky enough to be invited to the AGM are able to ask the questions of the committee as to why the process is taken (or hopefully by then) had taken so long. I like Paul but he seems a little out of his depth at the moment but wouldn’t be against him remaining as part of the coaching staff.

I’ve said before I’m keen that it’s Tam Courts who takes over, but right now I’m doubting we’re any closer to having someone in place than we were the day Robin left.

They’ve been asked questions before. It doesn’t matter. The structure of the club is utterly absurd in 2023. The only reason to retain the status quo seems to be “it’s the way we’ve always done it.”

I’ll be voting for a couple of new faces, but ultimately we’re kidding ourselves if we think we can continue to run the club like this and expect anything to change. We have lurched between disaster and shambles off the pitch for the past few years. Haughey’s money has acted as a sticking plaster for some utterly spectacular mismanagement. 

8 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

I mean, I was fearful last season that had we been promoted we were likely to be pumped mercilessly each week; I did not expect to have my fears come to fruition in the Championship, but there you go.  Is there another team out there with similar, or worse record this season?

Re January, the worry is who actually is available and of sufficient quality (and affordability) that would actually want to come to this sh*tstorm at the moment?

Annan and Clyde each won a game in September.

Livingston won in October 

Edinburgh City won as recently as November

Motherwell won today 

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Annan and Clyde each won a game in September.

Livingston won in October 

Edinburgh City won as recently as November

Motherwell won today 

Well that's really cheered me up.  Looks like Lesser on the 7th is the only real chance of seeing a 'home' win on the Southside any time soon.

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

They’ve been asked questions before. It doesn’t matter. The structure of the club is utterly absurd in 2023. The only reason to retain the status quo seems to be “it’s the way we’ve always done it.”

I’ll be voting for a couple of new faces, but ultimately we’re kidding ourselves if we think we can continue to run the club like this and expect anything to change. We have lurched between disaster and shambles off the pitch for the past few years. Haughey’s money has acted as a sticking plaster for some utterly spectacular mismanagement. 

How much influence does Haughey have, is it his way or the highway or is he just the money man and let's be honest if there is nothing in it for Willie he will scuttle it, it's what he does..

25 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How much influence does Haughey have, is it his way or the highway or is he just the money man and let's be honest if there is nothing in it for Willie he will scuttle it, it's what he does..

Any Haughey questions will be deftly danced around. All difficult questions are. Transparency is a huge issue and it’s the structure of the club that allows it to be this way. 

The honest truth is that the status quo suits the hierarchy. We can pretend that “anyone can become a member” as if it’s as simple as that. Needing existing members to propose and second people is an instant “nah, yer awrite” for most people inhabiting this planet in 2023. People want a say in their football club, not to join the masons or Whitecraigs Golf Club. We can pretend it’s open, but it’s not the perception. 

Edited by an86