The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 minutes ago, SensibleSpider said:

Based on his club history does this not seem like a bit of a random signing? 

It's an interesting background, for sure. He's tall though, which probably puts him right in first team contention.

I’ll assume there may be another 2-3 coming in this month given Davidson’s emphasis on experience. Would imagine that might result in a couple departures ? Jarrett and Healy probably seem prime candidates for a loan spell somewhere ?

If the club can somehow pull off a miracle and sign up Danny Wilson who is currently a free agent then I'd be delighted with the window!

I suspect that Williamson coming back could rule out any urgency for another striker being brought in. Greg Stewart would be a coup at the same level of Danny Wilson so to wish for both would likely be folly.

Any more than that would be anyones guess, although since the team has lost a winger/attacker then possibly a straight replacement for Hepburn could be good. 

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Sure does - wonder where they see him fitting in?

He's apparently a centre-back, so probably one for Young QP for the remainder of the season, I would have thought. Who knows though - maybe he's just what we need at the back.

2 hours ago, SensibleSpider said:

Based on his club history does this not seem like a bit of a random signing? 

My Partner is from up that way and I recently watched the Rothes v Fraserburgh (3-0 to the Broch) game. The RB (90% sure it’s Haspell) actually did not bad, a few good bombing runs up the park. He did well defensively, a few good tackles if my memory serves me right. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

I’ll assume there may be another 2-3 coming in this month given Davidson’s emphasis on experience. 

In Davidson’s club statement with regards to Mackenzie Carse he explicitly states he wants in at least another 2 players with experience. 

This is genuinely a coup for Queen’s Park. His background and the new development of Lochinch settles the club’s direction in the wake of the Dutch exodus. The timing of this announcement, after Dempster’s gone, makes it crystal clear who’s calling the shots now. The future’s bright now the future’s not oranj.

Really happy about this appointment, my fear when we lost a lot of ' influential ' people that our funder was losing interest but the new manager,  this appointment, the new signings (more to come) and the upgrading of Lochinch certainly has put that to bed ! Onfield looking rosier but still a lot to do offield !! 

Edited by Moodster

23 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Sure does - wonder where they see him fitting in?

Maybe his character and attitude is his value. As a 20 year old, if he can make a tackle and run at people it can raise the bar for some of the others who are still trapped in the sideways pass culture.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is genuinely a coup for Queen’s Park. His background and the new development of Lochinch settles the club’s direction in the wake of the Dutch exodus. The timing of this announcement, after Dempster’s gone, makes it crystal clear who’s calling the shots now. The future’s bright now the future’s not oranj.

For a moment I thought we hired Lee Mack's dad!  Don't know much about this fella but glad folk think this is a good appointment, and that plans to upgrade Lochinch are about to go ahead.

51 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe his character and attitude is his value. As a 20 year old, if he can make a tackle and run at people it can raise the bar for some of the others who are still trapped in the sideways pass culture.

I found some online stuff when he played in Spain & he seems to like a good tackle

59 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

"Tackle" Oh, I remember these days.

32 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

For a moment I thought we hired Lee Mack's dad!  Don't know much about this fella but glad folk think this is a good appointment, and that plans to upgrade Lochinch are about to go ahead.

He’s been with us for a while doing a senior role in the academy, this is a promotion to running the thing now. One which I think is very sensible.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Indeed. And comfy with the passing out of defence. And according to the first slide, it’s his 21st birthday today! 🥳

Mind you, I remember watching a YouTube of Luis Longstaff where he looked brilliant, so I shall temper my expectations accordingly.