The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

15 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I know that it’s very tough to do good business in the January window. Welsh could be a very shrewd acquisition. If we’re signing untried & untested guys like Haspell and Carse however though, I have my fears. 

Davidson’s mentioned in the pre-match video he hopes to bring in another couple; hopefully he can get these over the line asap. It’d have been very nice to have had these in for tomorrow, given it’s the literal definition of a 6-pointer.

I thought with St Johnstone signing Connor Smith that would open the door for Stevie May on loan. I do think we also desperately need a CB. 

Edited by williebraveheart

Didn’t think QP deserved to lose that game today. Sending off came at a time when it looked like the second half was turning in our favour.

it’ll be criminal if an experienced centre back isn’t in before the end of the window and allow Thomson to play in centre mid. 

Stevie May on loan too would be nice as his workrate would have been welcomed today.

We really need to play Thomas on the left and move Turner further forward again ….we desperately need new players in before the end of the transfer window.I would hope two or even three players to come in next week…..hopefully players that are going to start . 

31 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I see Martin O’Neil was at the game today.

Does anyone have any idea if he was a guest of QP or Ayr?

Great player and definitely experienced but surely too old 😄

2 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Great player and definitely experienced but surely too old 😄

2x European cup winner though, surely has to be considered! No other club would boast that level of experience in the midfield! 

12 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Possibly there to see Scott Browns first game in charge?

It could purely be that. Celtic signed Brown 2 years after O’Neil left so I took it as a bit too tenuous a link for it to be that.

Secretly i’m hoping that Martin O’Neil is looking for a first stint as Director of Football and Willie Haughey is using his influence to make that happen at QP. 

Overall things are better now under Davidson than they were before. The worry is the mess left behind by the Dutch grifters and their enabler in chief means we can ill afford many more defeats like that today.

Vital this week that we strengthen the first team with a couple of real signings I.e not another kid on loan from Celtic or that weird signing from Rothes. 

2 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Didn’t think QP deserved to lose that game today. Sending off came at a time when it looked like the second half was turning in our favour.

Don't agree with that view. Even when you had plenty of possession you were creating very little. Two shots on target the entire game. 

6 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Don't agree with that view. Even when you had plenty of possession you were creating very little. Two shots on target the entire game. 

Neither team was creating anything but inept rubbish.............until the referee played his part.

It truly amazes me to watch different managers still trying to play Dom Thomas in the centre as a number 10 or a second striker when he is arguably the best winger in the entire Championship. 

We immediately need to sign an experienced centre back to release Jack Thomson back into the midfield as a number 8 (again arguably one of the best in the Championship), so that Jack Turner can play higher where he's strongest, and Dom can resume dominating the wing(s). And of course another striker. That's it! That's all we need. 

30 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It truly amazes me to watch different managers still trying to play Dom Thomas in the centre as a number 10 or a second striker when he is arguably the best winger in the entire Championship. 

We immediately need to sign an experienced centre back to release Jack Thomson back into the midfield as a number 8 (again arguably one of the best in the Championship), so that Jack Turner can play higher where he's strongest, and Dom can resume dominating the wing(s). And of course another striker. That's it! That's all we need. 

Unless Dom can start defending, he won’t be on the wing for a long while, get used to seeing him in the middle.

There’s no denying that was a really disappointing game, especially given they’ve had a fortnight to prepare and that Ayr didn’t look all that brilliant themselves. Stinking refereeing aside, I don’t think we did enough to win that. That said, there’s positives to be taken. 

Paton’s finish was top class. We don’t look as much of a bombscare at the back (Thomson and Bannon incidents aside). Our build-up play is a bit better also now we’ve abandoned the instance on not passing it further than 10 yds. I also didn’t realise Welsh had been sent off (must’ve been in the bog) until after the match also, so that either says something about our character or how crap Ayr were. 

I thought our defensive formation & positioning was really good throughout. The 2nd Ayr goal came as soon as we stepped off and began dropping deeper into our own box however. The reason why that formation works for Scotland is because there’s constantly someone pressing the ball (Usually McGinn, Adams or Dykes).

Understandably, our ‘QP B Graduates’ like Bruce and Mauchin need to find consistency. Both played very well v Dunfermline & Raith, but Mauchin especially was ripped apart in that first half before improving a little. I also felt despite his ‘Wing Back’ position, Bruce didn’t get forward anywhere near as much as he should’ve- although there was a constant lack of runners for him. These guys are still learning, but given our position we don’t have the luxury of a deep well of patience. I’d be looking at playing McPherson for now as he edges it defensively for me. 

I felt Thomas was pretty ineffective as a 10. When he broke through, he either dribbled into bother or was marked out the game. I fear though we don’t have another option to fit Thomas in given Davidson’s preferred 3-5-2 however. Same goes for Turner. He didn’t have anywhere near his usual influence. 

The need for experience and quality is blatantly obvious if we’re to make any go of a relegation battle. At very least Davidson’s said he’s working on bringing two experienced heads in. A Striker (Williamson/McLeish at the moment isn’t good enough be our backup) and CB to pair Bannon are essential. As said above, Celtic B prospects aren’t the ‘experience’ we need.

19 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Very poor refereeing decisions to be encouraging diving.

That said we do tend to create more opportunities for the opposition than they do themselves. 

Watch the highlights.

He slipped.

Wasn’t able to make the game yesterday but that’s a sickening set of results across the board and puts us now in real danger of being cut fairly adrift from 8th really soon. For me, we simply cannot lose to Inverness next week and I can’t say I’m too confident given their excellent result yesterday whilst bringing a host of new signings (one of which scored a first half hat trick). From the highs of Raith a couple weeks, we’ve been hit straight back into reality. I think Davidson has and will make a difference to the team but I’m apprehensive that we’ll need to go through a relegation play off to do so. The damage from beuker and Veldman might not leave enough time for us to achieve 8th but i hope i’m proved wrong 

Only saving grace is Arbroath having an absolute crisis with injuries or else we’d easily be sitting in 10th place