The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

14 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Unless the club are waffling, it states he’s had loan spells although I can’t find any info on them 

Unexpected signing but I am ok with it. Tommy has not been as consistent a  performer this year so bringing in a bit of competition there might not be a bad thing.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Unless the club are waffling, it states he’s had loan spells although I can’t find any info on them 

Only going on that stats page. Good load of U21 and EFL jobber cup games, but no mention of a loan. 

That’s McKenna confirmed to Bournemouth. Really smart move to go there instead of Man United I’d say. Think there’s a realistic pathway of breaking into the team over the coming years 

You could tell from the off he was a special talent. The performances away at Arbroath and even Raith (despite losing) were tremendous. Had the personality and build of a 28 year old seasoned pro. 

I really don’t think It will be a longtime before hearing his name in the limelight again

2 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Best of luck to Callan. 
Brilliant move for him, wish him all the best. 
Nice wee pay day for us also, hope a good few adds on and a potential sell on fee 

Selfishly, I thought Bournemouth may have ‘loaned’ him back to us until the end of the season. Who does that leave our backup GK as given Heraghty is now away at Annan? Sam Kane? 

6 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Selfishly, I thought Bournemouth may have ‘loaned’ him back to us until the end of the season. Who does that leave our backup GK as given Heraghty is now away at Annan? Sam Kane? 

Kane was already ahead of Heraghty in the pecking order. I always liked Jacques but I fear his days at the club may be numbered.

If the figures that are being reported for McKenna's move are accurate then it's a cracking deal for everyone involved. We were never realistically going to keep him.

I'll certainly be following his career closely, and wishing him all the best.

Need Ferrie tied down as soon as possible. Pre contracts can be agreed now, wouldn’t be surprised if there is a few clubs sniffing around for him. 
 Important we get it done as I believe he’s the best goalkeeper in the league.

4 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

Need Ferrie tied down as soon as possible. Pre contracts can be agreed now, wouldn’t be surprised if there is a few clubs sniffing around for him. 
 Important we get it done as I believe he’s the best goalkeeper in the league.

Callum Ferrie? He's a fucking bombscare of a goalkeeper.

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

He’s really not. It’s just harder for you to believe as he probably had his worst ever game last season at Cappielow, which was indeed a horrendous performance.  

Despite our position in the league, he’s been tremendous for us this year. We’d be below Arbroath by a considerable margin without him 

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I can see why Morton fans may think that given his wild performance at Cappielow last season, but there's a reason his fellow players voted him into the Championship team of the year.

He's only gotten better since then, and is almost definitely our best and most consistent player. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in this league, or even a fair few in the Premiership.

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

That’s McKenna confirmed to Bournemouth. Really smart move to go there instead of Man United I’d say. Think there’s a realistic pathway of breaking into the team over the coming years 

You could tell from the off he was a special talent. The performances away at Arbroath and even Raith (despite losing) were tremendous. Had the personality and build of a 28 year old seasoned pro. 

I really don’t think It will be a longtime before hearing his name in the limelight again

Having seen him against Raith and a few highlights, you can see this lad is a very good keeper. Massive future for this lad and Bournemouth may be the best choice. Good luck to him. 

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Major alarm bell for me is that someone has gotten to 21 years old and has never played in a meaningful senior game. Not even a loan spell.,

If Soccerbase is to be believed then this is true. Six 'Football League Trophy' appearances since November 2019.

11 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Kane was already ahead of Heraghty in the pecking order. I always liked Jacques but I fear his days at the club may be numbered.

If the figures that are being reported for McKenna's move are accurate then it's a cracking deal for everyone involved. We were never realistically going to keep him.

I'll certainly be following his career closely, and wishing him all the best.

Yes he is, but I do not understand what Heraghty has done to slip down the pecking order. Always looked good any time that I saw him.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Be surprised if Wilson goes straight in. Too close to the deadline and don’t know about match fitness. Crole maybe biggest chance of being involved? 

I can see both starting tbh.

13 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Be surprised if Wilson goes straight in. Too close to the deadline and don’t know about match fitness. Crole maybe biggest chance of being involved? 

I think if Wilson's fit, as in not carrying any injuries, he'll be straight into the team, even if it has been a few months since his last game.