The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

18 hours ago, QPEast said:

The rumour is it is half decent but the only nod to our history is the fact it’s navy blue.

And let's remember that Adidas were responsible for the recent Scotland 150 celebration kit....and that was a decent kit. 

Posted (edited)

If it's anything other than the navy blue template from the latest Adidas catalogue then I'll be amazed, but also hopeful that this means they might give us a proper hooped home top next year:

Screenshot_20240602-094708.png.ec940690bfd608f9da7ef6f808b6fec7.png

Edited by Zanetti

28 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If it's anything other than the navy blue template from the latest Adidas catalogue then I'll be amazed, but also hopeful that this means they might give us a proper hooped home top next year:

Screenshot_20240602-094708.png.ec940690bfd608f9da7ef6f808b6fec7.png

Wouldn’t be surprised if it is a carbon copy of Cove’s home kit from last season 

8 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it is a carbon copy of Cove’s home kit from last season 

Would like to think we'd at least get the latest gear rather than last season's stuff!

19 minutes ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

Could be worse mind, they're on sale for £10 now so get yourself an iron on badge and you're sorted

On 31/05/2024 at 20:55, Mediocre Pundit said:

Question - if you could have a go-over and be part time, move to lesser with some money spent to improve what was there on pavilion side and put a small terrace around the other sides - with the rest of the money in the bank for a rainy day - would you take that, or prefer full time Championship football at big Hampden with Haughey?

No.

To have access to the best young players and stand a chance of holding them - being full-time is necessary.

Being part-time ran the risk of falling out off league 2.

There is so much competition, and well organised clubs just below L2, we would have dropped like a stone.

There is a lot I am disappointed with, the Lesser mis-development being prime; however, we start this season in a better place than if we were part-time for the previous four seasons. 

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

No.

To have access to the best young players and stand a chance of holding them - being full-time is necessary.

Being part-time ran the risk of falling out off league 2.

There is so much competition, and well organised clubs just below L2, we would have dropped like a stone.

There is a lot I am disappointed with, the Lesser mis-development being prime; however, we start this season in a better place than if we were part-time for the previous four seasons. 

Relinquishing amateur status was absolutely necessary. I think what everyone had in mind and, indeed, would have settled for would have been trying to be one of the best part-time teams in the country. I don’t think there’s any reason why we couldn’t have been a successful part-time side.

Full-time football wasn’t on the radar when we voted to go pro. It’s been a rollercoaster and I’m glad we did it, but I don’t think it was absolutely essential to our league survival. 

I see the season ticket prices are up (both in terms of availability and price…). Credit to the club for making under 12s free, but still feel like we’re missing a huge opportunity to do something innovative with the pricing/package to get more kids through the doors above that age. 

A cursory google tells me that £120 at 13 makes us one of the more expensive youths season tickets. Surely there’s a natural conversion the club is hoping will happen from kids going to games for free via the school programme, to actually becoming fans. £120 is a steep jump to make that commitment.

Also disappointed but not surprised to see adult prices rise too. It’s not a small increase for many when last year renewals were £230. 

I get the club is a business and will have allocated budgets but I’ll continually be frustrated with choices like this when we clearly have significant investment coming in and could make decisions to genuinely encourage more people to come along regularly (and in turn generate more income), but instead toe the line of parity with teams who have established larger fan bases that we simply don’t have, yet.

I don’t think this approach delivers anything innovative that will help get more people involved with the club longer term.

On 02/06/2024 at 09:37, CathcartSkins said:

And let's remember that Adidas were responsible for the recent Scotland 150 celebration kit....and that was a decent kit. 

Monkeys, something something, typewriters, something, infinite time and Shakespeare!!

It was a cracking kit but it’s been a lonely beacon in a lot of bang-average stuff.

38 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

I see the season ticket prices are up (both in terms of availability and price…). Credit to the club for making under 12s free, but still feel like we’re missing a huge opportunity to do something innovative with the pricing/package to get more kids through the doors above that age. 

A cursory google tells me that £120 at 13 makes us one of the more expensive youths season tickets. Surely there’s a natural conversion the club is hoping will happen from kids going to games for free via the school programme, to actually becoming fans. £120 is a steep jump to make that commitment.

Also disappointed but not surprised to see adult prices rise too. It’s not a small increase for many when last year renewals were £230. 

I get the club is a business and will have allocated budgets but I’ll continually be frustrated with choices like this when we clearly have significant investment coming in and could make decisions to genuinely encourage more people to come along regularly (and in turn generate more income), but instead toe the line of parity with teams who have established larger fan bases that we simply don’t have, yet.

I don’t think this approach delivers anything innovative that will help get more people involved with the club longer term.

Yeah.  Can’t comment on the ST prices (not a ST holder) and it was only a matter of time before normal ticket prices went up (it was bound to happen sooner or later).  That said I don't see what’s progressive about charging an 8yr old £6 to watch QP, (or any game for that matter) especially when we rightly give away free tickets to Primary Schools.  Feels rather ill-thought out and ill judged 

Posted (edited)

The adult ST price rise feels steep but we did get a £50 discount last year so I guess the rise looks steeper than it would have been without that discount. Pleased that the U18 ticket category has been introduced. Much more likely now to get a ST for my lad, failing that the £10 PAYG is decent.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Charging under 12's £6 is a bit high, I think. They should get in free (especially if accompanied by an adult). I used to get in free up to about age 12 or so (mister can ye gie's a liftie ower?). That started my love of QP and I've been going regularly ever since. The lift over is no longer possible with the new style of turnstiles so we need to find other ways to spark and maintain that interest. As others have said, the free tickets for schools already exists - let's say a group of kids love it and want to go back but £6 a week is a little too much out of their pocket money.

Was always going to go up. On the face of it, some of it looks steep but you also have to make the numbers work as well, which isn’t an easy task. We’re in a profit making game now.

Would hope that the community stuff might sweep up a lot of the affordability issues, but it’s a tough one to get the mix absolutely right. Will probably be a number of seasons before we can really pin down what does and doesn’t work. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think I will be renewing my ST this season (and how can they call it "renewing" when I can see that my seat at Lesser has already been sold to someone else?). 

If my math is correct (it almost never is), a ST gets you 4 free home matches this season, which I reckon is fewer than last season, and considering the length of my usual late summer holidays, Christmas holidays, and other spur of the moment stuff, it's highly likely that I'll miss at least 3-4 home games (like I sadly did last season) so it doesn't look like good value for money for me. 

BTW this whole season ticket policy in Scotland and the rest of the UK is something that I find very disappointing and frustrating tbh. Back in Turkey, a season ticket means a ticket for ALL home matches including friendlies, Cup games, and European competition (if qualified) and it's always excellent value for money. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

Not going get too angry about the season ticket prices until I see the rest of the league's prices.

With the situation with Lesser, you really need a season ticket to even get in the ground with capacity issues so they have the power to set the price however they like as the seats are heavily sought after.

I see Dunfermline are offering finance on their season tickets, it would be good if we could go down that route too.

7 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Not going get too angry about the season ticket prices until I see the rest of the league's prices.

From what I can see, our adult ticket is actually the cheapest in the league (not including standing or behind the goal elsewhere) so far.

Personally I have no issue with the prices. I have renewed and apologise if I have bought someone else's seat. Last season I won two season tickets from Cinch so this season is quite a jump. My friend to whom I gave the second ticket has also renewed so we have gained one fan already. My allocated seat last year was in next season's singing section and, no offence, the singers would not want me joining in.

As already said our prices seem competitive. Hamilton £26 PATG. I think that is to try and encourage season tickets and make money from visiting spectators. I can see the logic.

I do have an issue with attending Lesser as the Royal Box annoys me intensely so no friendlies and no League Cup for me.

if i remember correct, this year is a £25 jump on last season for a student season ticket - not too fussed at all. not involving league cup, which wouldn't be included in ST price anyway, we'd be looking at one, maybe two games at max in lesser - again not too fussed as the hill proved quite fun, with a decent view. patiently awaiting the new away kit 'with a nod to the club's history and is also very appropriate for summer', and some signings to entice new ST buyers.

2 minutes ago, adamqpfc said:

if i remember correct, this year is a £25 jump on last season for a student season ticket - not too fussed at all. not involving league cup, which wouldn't be included in ST price anyway, we'd be looking at one, maybe two games at max in lesser - again not too fussed as the hill proved quite fun, with a decent view. patiently awaiting the new away kit 'with a nod to the club's history and is also very appropriate for summer', and some signings to entice new ST buyers.

Something to note about the student ticket: the child ticket last year only covered under-16s, not under-18s. That meant that as a 16 year old I had to buy a student ticket. This year is actually cheaper for me because I can go for an under-18 ticket. Of course next year I'll be back at the student rate but it's a nice reduction for this very small subset of fans I'm in