The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

My take on his recruitment was to do more with the Academy. Spotting and recruiting young players and progressing them to the first team. He doesn't look to have the experience to start recruiting first team players. That should surely remain fair and square with Davidson.

Please don't let logic enter a discussion regarding QP's adminstration. Yellow card offience 😉.

3 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Please don't let logic enter a discussion regarding QP's adminstration. Yellow card offience 😉.

Shit. Diehard has banned me and now this. Glad I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Perhaps we will have some signings by the time I come back in July. 🤞

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Shit. Diehard has banned me and now this. Glad I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Perhaps we will have some signings by the time I come back in July. 🤞

Look out yer boots.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

I hear the supporters' team got to the final of something this year? Something like that...

I'm sure they'd be willing to help out the first team if we're really struggling, just so long as our president remembers to register them

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Sounds totally unnecessary.

It's the job Gus MacPherson does for us, apparently, and it's key when looking to sign young players from down South.

Yer man Davidson had us chucking £200k at Millwall for Bobby Daily, who'd never played a senior game, never played for us, and left on a free 12 months later to something like the English 11th tier. That was because nobody bothered to check paperwork etc., and so just went ahead with the deal thinking there wasn't a fee to pay.

22 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Sounds totally unnecessary.

Having someone with experience of contract terms and conditions, sell-on clauses and ensuring we do not have too many contracts expiring simultaneously, is necessary.

I hope this is the club learning from previous admin slip ups and plugging a skills gap. 

1 hour ago, lavvyheid said:

best start to the week imaginable  - other than a 2or 3 year contract but I guess we shouldn't be greedy. If he recaptures his form, this could be the best signing of the summer.

The "things to look out for" this week includes:

image.png.cc51ae58d7c62a1aa8c455703720ddf4.png

Any guesses?

6 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

best start to the week imaginable  - other than a 2or 3 year contract but I guess we shouldn't be greedy. If he recaptures his form, this could be the best signing of the summer.

Any guesses?

Maybe we are raiding out of contract St Johnston players?  Liam Gordon,  a centre back, is apparently out of contract. Don't know much about him though.

22 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Any guesses?

I'm hoping for James Brown, right back who spent half of last season on loan at Raith. We've obviously needed to sort out that position for a while, but I mostly just want us to expand on the musical theme of our defenders' names.

Half expecting it to be the backup keeper we had on loan from St. Johnstone on a permanent deal though, which would be a bit underwhelming.

41 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Any guesses?

From the Southampton academy?

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I'm hoping for James Brown, right back who spent half of last season on loan at Raith.

He’s pish.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He’s pish.

Actually I wonder if you’ll be in for Ross Millen if you’re in the market for a RB.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I'm hoping for James Brown, right back who spent half of last season on loan at Raith. We've obviously needed to sort out that position for a while, but I mostly just want us to expand on the musical theme of our defenders' names.

Half expecting it to be the backup keeper we had on loan from St. Johnstone on a permanent deal though, which would be a bit underwhelming.

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He’s pish.

We recently did an end of season update for our podcast where every single player got spoken about who was either out of contract or a potential loaner. Not one person mentioned James Brown. 

He's the definition of beige. He's a footballing extra. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We recently did an end of season update for our podcast where every single player got spoken about who was either out of contract or a potential loaner. Not one person mentioned James Brown. 

He's the definition of beige. He's a footballing extra. 

Even his name sounds a bit beige. Not as much as John Smith but heading in that direction. 

2 hours ago, adamqpfc said:

according to my football manager save it takes us about 4 years to get into european football & get back at AZ for the beuker saga 🤞 best is yet to come folks.20240610_132816.thumb.jpg.179900308e6e1d12e88cb43ba0a1f85f.jpg

Liking the look of the terracing there at a redeveloped Lesser. Can't see big Hampden in the background so the Royal Box must have been replaced 🕷️🕸️

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

The club announcement says nothing about the length of Savoury's contract extension. Does anyone know? Is it for only one year, or more? 

I read into "re-signed for the new season" as being till June '25. Assumed it was only a year to make sure all was well. Someone on here will no doubt know for sure.

Edited by mcjameos