The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

The problem with our benefactor is to contribute so much without getting the club in trouble , most of the clubs big assets aren't owned by the club. Lesser and the training ground are both owned by the city group , not the club. 

The city group has decided that the main users of lesser should be the Scotland Men, and Women's A squads. They now have priority use over the pitch. 

That means that the QP 1st team may get to train there occasionally. They may get to play a couple games at the start of the season again. But any other usage by a QP team is a no no, you could in fact argue the idea of such would be seen as insane. 

The biggest concern over all of this isn't not getting to use lesser. It's what happens if haughey decided to pull the money, while he owns the clubs biggest assets ? QP is his play thing, and if he doesn't start to get the satisfaction in the next few years the club could seriously end up with f**k all and be in a more perilous state than ever before. 

4 hours ago, spiderdetective said:

The problem with our benefactor is to contribute so much without getting the club in trouble , most of the clubs big assets aren't owned by the club. Lesser and the training ground are both owned by the city group , not the club. 

Is this correct? And if it is, how do you know?

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

QP women playing their SWPL1 fixtures at Ochilview next season while Lesser Hampden sits empty; we continue to be a very unserious football club.

The only surprise here is that it really isn’t a surprise anymore.  I think you said it a while back in that QP must really be one of the most frustrating clubs to follow….every time you think we’ve turned a corner and started to act in a professional manner, we find something else to make ourselves look like a three ringed circus…..all made worse by the smoke and mirrors of the Committee/WH.  

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

Is this correct? And if it is, how do you know?

No idea where the guy thinks that QP don't own Lesser. The audited accounts would tell you differently. As for the training ground, is it not leased, so neither QP nor the City Group own it?

32 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No idea where the guy thinks that QP don't own Lesser. The audited accounts would tell you differently. As for the training ground, is it not leased, so neither QP nor the City Group own it?

That's what I thought when I skimmed the accounts. Pretty sure I read Lochinch is on a 20 year lease.

I have a three and a half year old daughter who I've taken to a few Queen's games, but she's since told me she "only wants to go and watch women's football" (the 3-2 defeat at home to Raith last November might well have been what put her off the men's team).

How is she supposed to do that now that the women's team are playing the best part of 30 miles away?

Realistically, there is zero chance of the women's team growing any sort of support at all until they are playing at an accessible ground in the southside of Glasgow, regardless of what success they might have on the park.

6 minutes ago, On the bench said:

Is it just me or is there something really annoying about checking X(twitter) and the only updates from us are another Pink last chance message. Seriously just get her on stage and let’s move on!!

At least she is allowed to play in the Southside.

4 minutes ago, On the bench said:

Is it just me or is there something really annoying about checking X(twitter) and the only updates from us are another Pink last chance message. Seriously just get her on stage and let’s move on!!

In the month of June the club has posted 8 updates on hospitality for Pink, while making 1 signing, a backup goalkeeper.

In past years when QP went on preseason training camps there was always posting of  them in training and if they had played any bounce matches,but this year nothing if CD had not said last week they where going to Ireland i would have thought  they where at Lochinch ,the only photo ive found is of the B team training there

39 minutes ago, On the bench said:

It’s getting to the point of spamming. 

12 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

In past years when QP went on preseason training camps there was always posting of  them in training and if they had played any bounce matches,but this year nothing if CD had not said last week they where going to Ireland i would have thought  they where at Lochinch ,the only photo ive found is of the B team training there

There’s just no feel from the top of the club about what the core supporters actually want. The Celtic friendly, the lack of anything from Ireland, the charging to get into our own bar. 

33 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Is anyone going to the East Fife friendly on Tuesday? 

Please report back on any signs of life with the team 

I’d briefly wrestled with my sanity, looking at train times, before realising that getting back up the road after 1am for a friendly with East Fife away would probably result in an intervention from loved ones. 

21 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

The great irony in all this is that, if the club had shown the ability to build a small football stadium, the men's team would be playing at Lesser, and we would all understand the problem of finding somewhere for the women to play.

Millions being spent to build a stadium ("stadium") which apparently isn't suitable for either the men's or women's 1st teams to play at, then thousands being spent on renting grounds from them to play at, then the pretence that this is not weird as f**k really takes some boldness.