The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Mauchin did look decent but he should given the level of opposition. Thought Reid was solid in the first half. His distribution in the second half was poor at times though. Gave the ball away and also had a very poor pass back that went for a corner, which probably means Steve Clarke will give him a cap.

🤣 to be honest neither would look out of place in the current Scotland shambles, they would certainly be a upgrade on what was on show in Germany.

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I suspect the pull of accommodating the demands of TV money for Rangers games might carry greater sway with the SFA than a principled sense of fair play to us.

Your probably right. However fairly certain Rangers / Celtic regularly play on a Sunday probably for TV reasons. Suppose they could look at accomodating them that way. That said, wouldn't surprise me if the SFA then also punt us to Friday to give the pitch a rest in between.

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If we get Udjur and McGowan we will have made some very positive signings. Not so confident about getting McGowan as MacLean tried to punt him at Saints.

Even despite the Davidson links I don't think he's coming here either, mostly because I've read suggestions elsewhere that Raith and Ayr are keen and I'd expect them to offer a more appealing contract to someone of his age. Think he'd be a very good signing though.

Best of luck to Hinds. Thought he played well last night. Definitely has pace, able to beat a defender with ease and would have scored but for a fantastic save by the East Fife goalie. Two more central defenders are a must especially if the rumours floating around about Danny Wilson are accurate. 

57 minutes ago, el jubilado said:

Don't know the details but two different sources suggested last night that there was an issue.

Thank goodness our big squad is able to cope with such injuries! 

If Wilson is gubbed then that’s pretty catastrophic tbh 

5 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Heard from a Rangers neighbour, that he heard the were saying at Ibrox and going to play with only 3 stands because the police were not happy with them playing in Edinburgh with the resulting traffic on the M8.

Should have been the case from the start instead of them scarting about looking for an alternative

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

If we get Udjur and McGowan we will have made some very positive signings. Not so confident about getting McGowan as MacLean tried to punt him at Saints.

I don't know if there was any bad feelings about that, tbf. McGowan certainly made noises that he understood MacLean wanting a younger team and a different direction was just how football works and it was nothing personal.

5 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Your probably right. However fairly certain Rangers / Celtic regularly play on a Sunday probably for TV reasons. Suppose they could look at accomodating them that way. That said, wouldn't surprise me if the SFA then also punt us to Friday to give the pitch a rest in between.

If Rangers end up at Hampden then they should only play on a Sunday even if it pushes use back to playing on a Friday night occas1ionally.

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Aaron Healy signs for arthurlie tonight 

A marijn Beuker special- we gave him a 4 YEAR DEAL. Nowhere near the standard required, particularly physically. His Dumbarton loan was a massive flop so no surprises he’s away 

Slightly surprised no teams in League 1 or 2 took a punt on him, unless he just really want to go back to Arthurlie.

Clearly nowhere near good enough for this level so it's probably for the best that he's away.

8 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Slightly surprised no teams in League 1 or 2 took a punt on him, unless he just really want to go back to Arthurlie.

Clearly nowhere near good enough for this level so it's probably for the best that he's away.

Would imagine his failed Dumbarton loan stint put off a lot of teams from signing him 

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Even despite the Davidson links I don't think he's coming here either, mostly because I've read suggestions elsewhere that Raith and Ayr are keen and I'd expect them to offer a more appealing contract to someone of his age. Think he'd be a very good signing though.

Where you read that we’re in for him? Think he was mentioned on our thread as a suggestion but we’ve also got Jamie Hamilton on trial which would likely be our final defensive signing. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where you read that we’re in for him? Think he was mentioned on our thread as a suggestion but we’ve also got Jamie Hamilton on trial which would likely be our final defensive signing. 

Just the odd post on social media from people who are very likely making stuff up, that I should know better than to believe.