The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Mission said:

If we move anywhere other than Hampden I expect I can have my season ticket refunded.

That's a very interesting point actually
If we, for example, spent another season in Stenhousemuir (as the women's team has to put up with), I wouldn't be able to make a lot of Friday night games there

I would feel very cheated if I wasn't allowed any kind of refund on my ticket when this would mean I miss loads of games anyway

I wonder what kind of compensation Rangers would owe the club for the lost revenue/cost of refunds (ha)

1 hour ago, Mission said:

If we move anywhere other than Hampden I expect I can have my season ticket refunded.

When we announced the move to Stenhousemuir after the sale of season tickets I wrote to the club requesting a refund as Friday nights and Stenhousemuir were not suitable for me. They refunded me without question. It would come under the heading of misrepresentation. The complication is this may have to be claimed against the SFA if they break the agreement and shaft both the club and us.

14 hours ago, Mission said:

We will not be moving anywhere, if Rangers end up playing at Hampden it will be on a Sunday and our game will be on the Friday night. WH will get that sorted out with the SFA and that will not be very often, if indeed at all.

It's been 4-5 years since the change to professional status, the sale of Hampden, investment from LWH and the proposed 'upgrade' (ahem) of Lesser.  

Whilst initially the football side seemed to flourish, there has been little progress; we are renting our former home ground and seem unable to use our new home, either because it is unfit for purpose or, also likely, we are being discouraged from using it.  Now, on the playing side we have seen, if not an exodus, then definately a net migration of coaching and playing staff out of the club whilst league rivals appear to strengthen.  

It would seem to me that perhaps the finances aren't as strong as others would make out and that the budget is far tighter than we'd imagined.  Upgrade work on Lesser will require significant investment and it would seem that will be reliant on the club generating that rather than any further input from elsewhere, hence the net player sales and the constant hawking of hospitality for various Hampden events.  I fear this constant pre-season confusion over where we play will continue for the forseeable.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

It would seem to me that perhaps the finances aren't as strong as others would make out and that the budget is far tighter than we'd imagined.  

I think, in terms of the playing squad, this is very evident despite what some people would have you believe. When you look at the squad, there are perhaps 2/3 guys who you'd expect to be on higher than a low to bang average Championship level wage.

Each of the two previous summers we've managed to make one "marquee" signing though, firstly with Dom Thomas then Ruari Paton, so I'm still holding out hope that might happen!

19 hours ago, QP MAD said:

I would expect now is the time for our club president to stand up and say give a statement saying we have an agreement in place and our fixtures will not be changed. Hopefully very soon. 

It would be nice, a year down the line, for the Club President to give an update on the plan, timeframe and financing of Lesser's development, (or it's successor) into a fit for purpose home for all of QP's activities, not just the Men's team.  This nomadic, uncertain existence has gone on far too long; however and unfortunately, it does continue to appear that the Club's hierarchy deem themselves to be, if not above, then defiantly unanswerable to, the general support.

3 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

It would be nice, a year down the line, for the Club President to give an update on the plan, timeframe and financing of Lesser's development, (or it's successor) into a fit for purpose home for all of QP's activities, not just the Men's team.  This nomadic, uncertain existence has gone on far too long; however and unfortunately, it does continue to appear that the Club's hierarchy deem themselves to be, if not above, then defiantly unanswerable to, the general support.

We're constantly told that things, including the communication, are going to get better but supporters, season ticket holders and members are constantly kept in the dark. It is really frustrating that the committee appear to be happy that we're kept in the dark.  

The only thing I can think of that the club are doing to improve communication is the implementation of those SLOs, but obviously we're then dependent on the club telling them anything useful, and them then relaying that to other fans. 
Reversely, we need the SLOs to be in touch with other fans, and also for the committee to properly listen to them

If the SLO idea doesn't work out then it seems another season (at very least) of the poorest communication they can get away with

Ferrie

Mauchin   Thomson  Wilson  Fox   Scott

Welsh     Macgregor 

Thomas                  Turner/Savoury 

Paton 

Had a wee look on what the current strongest lineup would be at this point imo. Obviously there’s big question marks over Wilson’s current fitness and whether Savoury is close to being match ready. 

Objectively it’s a fairly competent and capable first eleven at this level but the bench is going to be our downfall again if things don’t change. You’ve got Mcleish, Hinds, longridge and Tizzard. Beyond that, the rest are just children. Quite simply we need at least another 5/6 additions to feel close to being satisfied with the squad depth 

Would hope the deal with Udjur will be confirmed fairly soon. Ferguson admitted he’s in talks with a club and everything seems to pointing towards us. By all accounts, would be a solid addition 

Trying to feel any sort of buzz for the season but when all you see tweeted online are shorts sponsorships and pink concert updates, you can’t help but feel bleak about the upcoming season. Even wee small things like a bit of build up to a signing announcement etc. Tiny things like that go a long way to gain some interaction with fans. Takes under a minute to tweet something remotely creative. It’s been mentioned before on here but we’ve gone back to that mentality of the amateur days that we can say anything regarding a signing in case a team hears of our movements. It’s mental 

For more years than I care to remember our committee (voted on by members!) has been made up of predominantly small minded men infatuated with the feeling of power over us mere working class supporters (in their eyes). Thus it will ever be until we actually can find the very knowledgable and capable supporters I know we have who are willing to bite the bullet and put themselves forward for office. We have what we have voted for (no blame intended) but why oh why was our current president ever let near the committee never mind made president? Same goes for Hunter. What credentials does a now retired doctor/surgeon display to be able to run a football club. We need proven business people on the committee who have experience in the real world and can grasp the necessity for inclusivity with members and supporters. They have the media tools available to them in abundance. Use them.

40 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Ferrie

Mauchin   Thomson  Wilson  Fox   Scott

Welsh     Macgregor 

Thomas                  Turner/Savoury 

Paton 

think i'd still be taking longridge over mauchin at this point. never caught the east fife game though & apparently he was quite good so could be some good competition on the right.

24 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

For more years than I care to remember our committee (voted on by members!) has been made up of predominantly small minded men infatuated with the feeling of power over us mere working class supporters (in their eyes). Thus it will ever be until we actually can find the very knowledgable and capable supporters I know we have who are willing to bite the bullet and put themselves forward for office. We have what we have voted for (no blame intended) but why oh why was our current president ever let near the committee never mind made president? Same goes for Hunter. What credentials does a now retired doctor/surgeon display to be able to run a football club. We need proven business people on the committee who have experience in the real world and can grasp the necessity for inclusivity with members and supporters. They have the media tools available to them in abundance. Use them.

I love the club and what it stood for but have to confess I found the whole governance structure a bit opaque and confusing. That never bothered me much during the amateur days, perhaps because I had lower expectations.   But now that we are  mixing with other professional clubs and you see how they go about their business we do seem slow, secretive and in need of modernisation.

53 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

The committee has always been well intentioned - I cannot question their commitment to the club. They have been willing to give up their time to help in some way or other. I really have no idea about their ability to carry out the tasks that they find themselves involved in but would hope that the club, and established committee members, provide support for them to carry out their duties effectively. However, that said, it does seem that some very strange decisions have been made without any real reasons or background given for these decisions. So I've come back to communication again.  If we don't know why a direction has been chosen, there is always the doubt that a better choice could have been made. Lesser Hampden is a prime example - when the original plans were changed, and the work that had been undertaken written off, we were promised something "bigger and better". I believed the club back then but the reality has been a complete and utter shambles. The committee seem to be completely unaccountable to the supporters and members as most decisions are given as a fait accompli. It can be frustrating supporting the club but my heart will always be with them.

We need to get our act together.