The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

8 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I would be amazed if Udjur does not come to us. Good signing.

Hope you're right and I admire your confidence / optimism. However this club never ceases to amaze me ......... 

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Anyone know where we're likely to be seated for the Hibernian game as I notice their website has tickets on sale and, surprise, surprise, no info from QPFC so far.

But football team staff don’t work at weekends 

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Even wee small things like a bit of build up to a signing announcement etc. Tiny things like that go a long way to gain some interaction with fans. Takes under a minute to tweet something remotely creative. It’s been mentioned before on here but we’ve gone back to that mentality of the amateur days that we can say anything regarding a signing in case a team hears of our movements. It’s mental 

I feel your frustration but let’s not have a go at volunteers who might not have a minute in their day to do additional social media posts. 

We really should have a full time member of staff who has social media as part of their remit. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, QPEast said:

I feel your frustration but let’s not have a go at volunteers who might not have a minute in their day to do additional social media posts. 

We really should have a full time member of staff who has social media as part of their remit. 

Don’t get wrong, that wasn’t intended to be a dig at the social media guys. It’s pretty evident they have their hands tied as to what and how they can post on the social media platforms 

Just feel we’re missing a trick in that department. Raith’s social media content is tremendous as are other clubs

Even yesterday, Kelty Hearts were teasing their new signing of Scott Allan by giving out clues of his career before being officially announced. It’s wee things like that which might not mean much in the grand scheme of things but gives fans a bit of a buzz. Makes the fans feel involved and valued in some way. Something that has deteriorated in recent years 

Edited by qpfc

11 hours ago, QPEast said:

It says an awful lot that we have a full-time member of staff for practically everything, other than media which is the main link between the club and fans. The people with the talent are there. The will is not. 

QPWFC listed the teamlines and final score from their friendly today. Perfectly reasonable amount of detail for this type of game

You’d think it wouldn’t be too much to ask for the same for the game v Kilmarnock earlier today.

13 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

“Closed door friendly” now apparently” means pretending the match never happened at all.

Lost 3-1. Not closed door for everyone, of course. A well populated royal box, as the father of a player had to stand on a hill outside the stadium and watch. Stewards there just to make sure no proles could enter the stadium. A club with absolutely no feel for basic common sense or their own loyal punters. 

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Lost 3-1. Not closed door for everyone, of course. A well populated royal box, as the father of a player had to stand on a hill outside the stadium and watch. Stewards there just to make sure no proles could enter the stadium. A club with absolutely no feel for basic common sense or their own loyal punters. 

But hey, as a season ticket holder you can buy a ticket to see Celtic for £15.00.

Why would you want to watch Kilmarnock?

24 minutes ago, an86 said:

A well populated royal box, as the father of a player had to stand on a hill outside the stadium and watch. Stewards there just to make sure no proles could enter the stadium. A club with absolutely no feel for basic common sense or their own loyal punters. 

Not a good look from the club.

5 minutes ago, On the bench said:

But hey, as a season ticket holder you can buy a ticket to see Celtic for £15.00.

Why would you want to watch Kilmarnock?

I don’t think they quite get that, to varying degrees, despite moments of anguish, rage and exasperation, we’re excited about watching Queen’s Park. I genuinely think they thought Queen’s fans would piss their pants about Celtic coming to Lesser. Personally, I’m attending for the same reasons I went to the Livi game last season. Queen’s Park are playing. Can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t think mine is a minority view.