The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Davidson to walk before Christmas? As Houston Spider says this is heading towards a raft of panicked loan signings which is a policy we have seen fail before. And they'll probably be sourced through Mercury Sports Management.

Aye he’ll be off soon I reckon whilst he still has credit in the bank for keeping us up last season.

Normally these interviews from managers in pre season at least try to have some subtlety to them…….whereas here he is outright saying the summar has been botched and we are basically not competitive (ie we are shite)

"We have three or four injuries just now and we need three or player signed players"

Either this was a typo, or he is so desperate to bring bodies in that he was trying to fit the word 'player' into the interview as many times as possible.

4 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

"We have three or four injuries just now and we need three or player signed players"

Either this was a typo, or he is so desperate to bring bodies in that he was trying to fit the word 'player' into the interview as many times as possible.

Saw some distress flares at Lesser about ten minutes ago, followed by Callum Davidson speeding down Aikenhead Road in his bare feet at 80mph. Make of that what you will. 

6 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Can't wait for the video of the interview. Facial expressions and body language can be revealing.

Not even sure if they'll release a video. As someone pointed out the unedited version of the interview might have some things the club don't want being put out, and it would be very obvious that that editing had happened in a video. 

10 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Not even sure if they'll release a video. As someone pointed out the unedited version of the interview might have some things the club don't want being put out, and it would be very obvious that that editing had happened in a video. 

or perhaps the guy who films the videos is on holiday and interview was done the 'old fashioned' way.

The most depressing pre season interview I have ever seen from a manager. Pretty much confirms my worst fears about what we are facing going into this season. At this stage I wouldn't be surprised to see a Paton sale in the later days of the window and a Davidson departure not long afterwards as he tries to escape with credit in the bank from last season. 

Just now, Anonymous Spider said:

do we know who the injured players are? 

Tizzard is still injured after Arbroath away at the end of last season although I believe he's now training again, would assume Savoury isn't ready yet, possibly Wilson too since nobody has seen or heard anything about him and I don't think Thomson was in the squad for the East Fife friendly either. We might have a better idea depending on the squad tonight but obviously the fact that we have to figure it out ourselves is mental.

We’re a Paton sale away from confirming 10th place before a ball has been kicked

A solid foundation of players and a decent manager going into the summer. Perfect time to kick on and the club have absolutely screwed Davidson over 

How utterly depressing 

I honestly didn't think things could get worse but here we are - doing our utmost to secure bottom spot before the season has even started. Just who is in charge of the club now? If it's the "Directors" (remember the days when they were committee members?) we need to start getting some communication from them, if it's the President he needs to stand up and be answerable to the supporters, season ticket holders and members.

In my 50+ years of supporting Queen's, I have never felt so low at the start of a season.

Tickets for Hibs and Peterhead available of the club website now! - 

Peterhead ticket Prices:

East Stand:

• Adult – £17
  • Concession – £10
  • Youth – £7
  • Child (10 and under) with paying adult – £2

Ground:

• Adult – £15
  • Concession – £8
  • Youth – £5
  • Child (10 and under) with paying adult – £0

Hibs ticket pricing is as follows:

• Away Adult £18
  • Away Over 65 £14
  • Away Under 18 £12
  • Away Under 13 (with full paying adult) £10

Just now, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

In my 50+ years of supporting Queen's, I have never felt so low at the start of a season.

Im the same. When we were amateur there wasn’t usually expectation, but a lot of the time there was hope. Now, we arguably have never been in a better position to kick on and improve, but we have made an absolute arse of a stadium build, have a squad which is far worse off than last season, and a manager who sounds on the verge of walking. Add to that every team around us have improved their squads. 

Genuinely on a proper downer ☹️

48 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Tizzard is still injured after Arbroath away at the end of last season although I believe he's now training again, would assume Savoury isn't ready yet, possibly Wilson too since nobody has seen or heard anything about him and I don't think Thomson was in the squad for the East Fife friendly either. We might have a better idea depending on the squad tonight but obviously the fact that we have to figure it out ourselves is mental.

Welsh wasn’t there at East Fife either

If him Thomson and Wilson are injured then we will be an absolute gang ready to be humiliated live on tv in the opening league game 

I’m now entirely convinced that the club react to points raised in this forum. In that vein i’m seeing Cammy Kerr is trying to terminate his Dundee contract. He plays right-back…go get him!