The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Welsh wasn’t there at East Fife either

If him Thomson and Wilson are injured then we will be an absolute gang ready to be humiliated live on tv in the opening league game 

Cheers for the reminder that we're due to get absolutely scudded on national TV in less than a week, I'd managed to forget that!

3 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I’m now entirely convinced that the club react to points raised in this forum. In that vein i’m seeing Cammy Kerr is trying to terminate his Dundee contract. He plays right-back…go get him!

Can I interest you in an 18 year old on loan from Stoke who's only experience of real football is 10 minutes off the bench in a meaningless cup game instead?

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Can I interest you in an 18 year old on loan from Stoke who's only experience of real football is 10 minutes off the bench in a meaningless cup game instead?

Only if you absolutely promise that he’ll come in under much fanfare and possibly be brought on for a 5 minute cameo away to a rampant Raith Rovers never to be seen or heard from again.

3 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

So now that we’ve settled the fact that on the park will be shite, we are probably due some depressing news on the stadium arrangements front soon 

#fridaynights #underthelights 

5 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

So now that we’ve settled the fact that on the park will be shite, we are probably due some depressing news on the stadium arrangements front soon 

Friday nights are Ochilview nights. 

“Queen’s Park is pleased to announce that a historic deal has been reached for our men’s and women’s first teams to share a stadium for the first time in history #takemehomegladstoneroad “

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

so Simon Murray off to Dundee (on a 3 year contract)  - i suppose its unlikely we would have put in a sell on clause when selling a 30 year old player ☹️

He was always wanting to be back there. Wife and kids in the city. Hibs were chasing him too.

6 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Davidson to walk before Christmas? As Houston Spider says this is heading towards a raft of panicked loan signings which is a policy we have seen fail before. And they'll probably be sourced through Mercury Sports Management.

Can not get my head round us not resigning the big Irishman, surely Davidson wanted him I would imagine. Does anyone know what he is doing.

Well that was an inspiring catch-up.

I just don't understand how it appears to have become so bad. Where's the apparent blockage to recruitment? Is it budget or simply we are not an attractive prospect? To require more players than Davidson expected we must have unexpected losses. Doubt Bruce falls into that category but guessing Sheridan does along with some key injuries alluded to by others. 

We never do well in the league cup (or whatever it's called) anyway. Roll on the league 🙄.

Been wanting to see Davidsons signings as a clue as to how much he's improved from previous mistakes, so disappointing in that sense he's been hamstrung by the club.

I don't think he's the type to walk away though, if he thinks you're doomed I think he'll genuinely try and fight to the bitter end to keep you up rather than jumping ship because he wants to save himself.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Buzzing to see our sleeve and shirt sponsors tonight! More than I would ever be about signing an actual football player. 

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - but sometimes it's the only way to cope

13 minutes ago, BMG Spider said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - but sometimes it's the only way to cope

At least that is one part of the QP operation that has managed a few signings this Summer. Well played Kieran. 👏

55 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Can not get my head round us not resigning the big Irishman, surely Davidson wanted him I would imagine. Does anyone know what he is doing.

Getting Sheridan back on a short contract is surely worthwhile. I know his age and injury history count against him but he was awesome player during the run in. Appoint the Sheriff!