The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Who are we wanting to draw?

Celtic or Rangers for some tv money or an “easier tie” ?

My ideal would be Ross county first round because it seems winnable, then second round we can get an old firm team and squeeze the money out their fans' pockets

I don't think winning against any premiership team except county is viable, so just get us as much cash as possible to fund the league campaign

On the park, class. Off the park, horseshite. Patting down families on the way in to a QP v Kelty Hearts game as folk in suits and sunglasses walk around wearing earpieces, as if they’re in the fucking secret service. Embarrassing. Cosplaying as a big club when we can’t even get being a small club right.

Did Cammy Bruce ever play right back for Queen’s Park? He started there for us yesterday, didn’t quite work as it seemed like the game plan was to have the full backs high and providing lots of width but he kept cutting inside onto his stronger foot. Overall he’s very much been exactly as described so far, wasn’t expecting him to play right back though.

10 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Did Cammy Bruce ever play right back for Queen’s Park? He started there for us yesterday, didn’t quite work as it seemed like the game plan was to have the full backs high and providing lots of width but he kept cutting inside onto his stronger foot. Overall he’s very much been exactly as described so far, wasn’t expecting him to play right back though.

I don't remember it ever happening, and it's certainly not his preferred position

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Right back has been a problem position for us for a good while and I don't think we ever even attempted to play him there, so that likely says a lot!

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

I don't remember it ever happening, and it's certainly not his preferred position

8 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Right back has been a problem position for us for a good while and I don't think we ever even attempted to play him there, so that likely says a lot!

Cheers, that’s pretty much what I thought!

1 hour ago, an86 said:

On the park, class. Off the park, horseshite. Patting down families on the way in to a QP v Kelty Hearts game as folk in suits and sunglasses walk around wearing earpieces, as if they’re in the fucking secret service. Embarrassing. Cosplaying as a big club when we can’t even get being a small club right.

There was an elderly lady in front of me and my mates in the queue and when she got t0  the security guy he said bag, and she looked at him and said, yes this is my bag and he said open. She glared at him and said open what. He responded, bag, and she said, did your mother never teach you to say please. Brilliant, and in fairness he looked embarrassed and said please and she smiled and said OK. As my mother taught me manners cost nothing.

38 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

There was an elderly lady in front of me and my mates in the queue and when she got t0  the security guy he said bag, and she looked at him and said, yes this is my bag and he said open. She glared at him and said open what. He responded, bag, and she said, did your mother never teach you to say please. Brilliant, and in fairness he looked embarrassed and said please and she smiled and said OK. As my mother taught me manners cost nothing.

I will never understand the "overenthusiastic" security & stewarding at QP games. Who do they think we are? More than half of our support are pensioners, women (no sexism intended) and schoolchildren. 

I can't even swear in English during our matches without receiving some (deserved) eyerolls and tut-tuts from the families around me so I swear in Turkish 😂

Edited by EaglesandSpiders
Added the last sentence

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Why do stewards have to stand up blocking the view of the game for periods of time? Amazing that Kirkintilloch Rob Roy have a new stadium about the same capacity as the City Stadium!

4 hours ago, Mr November said:

Left back occasionally I think but I don't remember him playing on the right.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

I couldn't agree more. 

I saw the pat downs happening at one of the gates and took a wee saunter to the other one, out of interest and the lad there wasn't invading anyone's personal space. 

Aye, and what is it with the fucking earpieces? 

They (should we say "we"?) really are a total joke. Every time I take my seat a Lesser and look at that monstrocity (sic) my heart breaks just that little bit more. 

Who agreed to that? 

Everyone and anyone in an off-field position of responsibility at QP should hang their heads in shame. 

18 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Left back occasionally I think but I don't remember him playing on the right.

I've got in my mind him starting playing fullback/wingback on one side at the start of a game and then switching sides after a substitution.

3 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

Every time I take my seat a Lesser and look at that monstrocity (sic) my heart breaks just that little bit more. 

Who agreed to that? 

Everyone and anyone in an off-field position of responsibility at QP should hang their heads in shame. 

Hey! - The 'monstrosity' is "bigger and better" than the 1,000 seats that were previously planned for the west side of the ground. And we (allegedly) have the best chandelier in Scottish football.