The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

15 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I'm really curious about how/if we're being compensated for the forced relocation to Lesser. 

The 'plan' was to start the season at Lesser following the pitch being relayed after Pink (did anyone know that Pink was playing @ Hampden?) so probably not for this one... going forward for an indefinite period of time - who da fuk knows?

I've got a slightly different query on this... has the plan / quality of the Hampden pitch changed now that Rangers need to play on it earlier than originally intended? 

I had though 'we' were putting down the same style pitch as Lesser but it needed time to knit together?? Could have totally made that up, tho. 

9 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

The 'plan' was to start the season at Lesser following the pitch being relayed after Pink (did anyone know that Pink was playing @ Hampden?) so probably not for this one... going forward for an indefinite period of time - who da fuk knows?

I've got a slightly different query on this... has the plan / quality of the Hampden pitch changed now that Rangers need to play on it earlier than originally intended? 

I had though 'we' were putting down the same style pitch as Lesser but it needed time to knit together?? Could have totally made that up, tho. 

image.png.6ad13eb737a279dfad3a3343480c6677.png

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/latest-rangers-news/rangers-hampden-move-confirmed-as-ibrox-clubs-pitch-cost-revealed-and-one-team-hits-out-at-fixture-switch-4703712

31 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wait - you want compensation for playing at your own ground?

We want compensation for getting shafted by the old firm/sfa
If you think rangers are in the right then fair play mate, but at least stick to their threads (

Sounds like no signings again for this weekend 

He seemed to touch on money being a factor. Davidson looks fed up with recruitment and I don’t blame him. 

How on earth after getting six figures fees for bannon, Paton and McKenna are we restricted to barely filling a competent bench ?

Not asking for Messi to pitch up but some bog standard championship players that can fill out the backline 

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

We want compensation for getting shafted by the old firm/sfa
If you think rangers are in the right then fair play mate, but at least stick to their threads (

Where did I say Rangers are in the right? Can't stand the c***s. 

If the Queens Park fans can read between the lines of Davidsons interview then I hope our committee and our president can . He will walk if we don’t bring in players very soon in my opinion…..how can we when so short of players not make a signing. I just don’t understand our club right now . It would be nice for a statement from our committee or our president as to what’s happening. 

5 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

It would be nice for a statement from our committee or our president as to what’s happening. 

We're lucky that they bothered to inform us that the Livi game has been moved from Saturday to Friday. Actually if there were any player negotiations happening I wouldn't expect to hear from the president or committee. Our Director of Football on the other hand ...

On 03/08/2024 at 14:39, pmonigatti said:

Off the top of my head i’d like to see the lad Turley brought in on loan from Celtic as he would fit the Turner position, also Dane Murray too as another centre back option wouldn’t hurt. 

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Ach, FFS, now I've just found out that P!nk played Hampden recently, why did nae b*****d mention this earlier 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Sounds like no signings again for this weekend 

He seemed to touch on money being a factor. Davidson looks fed up with recruitment and I don’t blame him. 

How on earth after getting six figures fees for bannon, Paton and McKenna are we restricted to barely filling a competent bench ?

Not asking for Messi to pitch up but some bog standard championship players that can fill out the backline 

I honestly don’t think he’s got a budget to pay a fee for someone and I’d wager that the salary budget will be pretty restrictive too.

Not too sure whether last years prize money was posted anywhere, but we’re 5 years into the 10 yr plan and I’d imagine that by this point there’d need to be some progress on sustainability, which won’t be helped by a restricted income from an extended run at Lesser/paying for the loan of Hampden.  I’d have thought last summer they’d be thinking that by this summer they’d be looking at getting fees for some of Turner, Spong, Tizzard etc as well as Paton.  If it’s not, as @Zanetti has suggested, a loanee, I’d be surprised if there’s anything huge in the pipeline.

Just now, starshot131 said:

Genuinely surprised we haven't heard anything about that big trialist we had at the back at the rovers game, thought he was good. I think his name was Greg Petrie 

Actually I've just looked him up

Here's his transfermarkt https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/greg-petrie/profil/spieler/1043680

I dare say the ‘transfer market’ for QP is now essentially closed so unless there are any surprises it’ll be from the loan market we’ll see any more additions.

Adding Dane Murray i reckon will get us through the next game but we’re still short in the midfield and forward areas.

Molotnikov from Hibs would still be a good move and I wonder if Alex Lowry from Rangers might step down a level for game time.

Another from Rangers might be Bailey Rice. Don’t see him getting first team action and don’t think their B team play in ‘senior’ football anymore so a championship club loan for him makes sense. (He’s only 17 though so might not be what Davidson is after).

Other than the obvious fact i’ve played too much Football manager in my days being this ambitious but if QP can bring those guys in plus a striker from somewhere I think that’d be enough of a squad to get through at least til January.

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Still a striker down. Rudden is not a goalscorer (does the job that Sheridan did, but we are still missing a poacher).

Other than that, we will obviously look for some loans now, as it looks to me that if the 3 or 4 players that Davidson talked about the other day aren't in, there won't be anyone else bought. Might be one of the "arrangements" that we'll have with Rangers, Hampdenwise.

Small squad, hopefully the kids can do the trick when called upon - but we really need a Paton / Murray upfront. Without it, we will suffer.

6 hours ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Still a striker down. Rudden is not a goalscorer (does the job that Sheridan did, but we are still missing a poacher).

Other than that, we will obviously look for some loans now, as it looks to me that if the 3 or 4 players that Davidson talked about the other day aren't in, there won't be anyone else bought. Might be one of the "arrangements" that we'll have with Rangers, Hampdenwise.

Small squad, hopefully the kids can do the trick when called upon - but we really need a Paton / Murray upfront. Without it, we will suffer.

How has McLeish looked in games? Ready to step up?