The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

So the Edinburgh City game is on the Sunday for unspecified reasons.

Saw someone suggest that Scotland might be training there on the Saturday…….meaning we still have to live up to our side of the “Hampden deal” 😅

That's a pain. I was coming down for the Scotland game on the Thursday and staying until Sunday - won't manage to hang around for the game though. This home ground nonsense has got to end!

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

So the Edinburgh City game is on the Sunday for unspecified reasons.

Saw someone suggest that Scotland might be training there on the Saturday…….meaning we still have to live up to our side of the “Hampden deal” 😅

Do they not do hospitality at the McAlpine for away games when Scotland are playing? probably more efficient for staff etc if they can squeeze two hospitality sittings in one day.

8 hours ago, Gall09 said:

We surely can’t go a full season with Rudden and McLeish as our only recognised strikers. An injury to either and we’re gubbed. 

Your correct, the latest one that we have missed is he boy May who has just gone on lone to Livingstone. 

5 hours ago, QPEast said:

No explanation of why the Edinburgh City game is on Sunday.

They can't just keep announcing these changes game by game. Say you are switching to Lesser for x amount of months due to the Rangers Hampden move and let the fans decide if they are happy with that or not. They are absolute cowards who are scared of fans asking for refunds on season tickets as they have moved the goalposts since they were purchased. 

Also still no announcement on the SLO’s. 22 days since applications closed.

They don't care if the fans are happy, they only care if William Haughey is happy. 

Suits me this time and I'm not Willie Haughey.

I realise that this won't be an issue for many, but the Edinburgh game being on the Sunday means that it will likely clash with the women's team's game the same day.

While we don't tend to get many fans at the women's games, even if you ignore the fact they're playing at Ochilview (admittedly I wasn't at the Hearts game, so don't know how many were there) it doesn't help to encourage people to go along and support them if it clashes with the men's team.

8 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Suits me this time and I'm not Willie Haughey.

The switch fecks up my plans to go to Portugal for the Scotland game and I'm not Willie Haughey either. I'll be very interested in the reason for this.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

11 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Hardly a boy. Doesn't seem to have performed for a long time. 

He is a boy compared to me. Imo he could not be worse than Zac and would give us another option. Livingstone have not signed him because he is useless.

I’m aware it’s splitting hairs, but Stevie May always came across to me as a confidence player, he really struggled at Aberdeen when he was shot of confidence. 

Given what Davidson managed with Sheridan, it’d not have surprised me if he’d have done well. Alas. 

The point still stands however, we still need to strengthen with another option up front. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a loan of someone out of favour. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

He is a boy compared to me. Imo he could not be worse than Zac and would give us another option. Livingstone have not signed him because he is useless.

At this stage any striker we sign is likely to be second choice behind Rudden, which I doubt May would be keen on. I'd probably have had him (despite his poor goal scoring record in recent years) but chances are we'll end up with a young loanee out to prove himself instead.

May scored 9 goals in the top flight 2 seasons ago, double figures if you count cup games.

FWIW I'm not 100% sure he'd want to work under Davidson again, not for any personal stuff, just the Davidson 5-2-3/5-3-2 shape never really worked that well with May and he'll be wanting to have a good season after sitting on the bench last year.

Edited by RandomGuy.

28 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Minimalist unless it's a detailed telling off about some randoms bringing in a bottle... 

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that. I was telling some pals about the state of the toilet queue at the Livi game and they advised me to smuggle in an empty screwtap or lager can to provide the traditional solution the next time we're at Lesser. However I had to tell them that that simply wasn't on. Then I remembered an old episode of the Big Bang Theory which featured the American answer to the problem - The Stadium Pal. Would these be allowed into our stadium?

8 hours ago, Dooflick said:

As in you think Rudden is so bad that there's no way he could be worse, or you just really rate Stevie May?

15 hours ago, starshot131 said:

As in you think Rudden is so bad that there's no way he could be worse, or you just really rate Stevie May?

I think that Steve would score more goals than Zac. Zac has his strengths but scoring goals is not one of them.

8 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I think that Steve would score more goals than Zac. Zac has his strengths but scoring goals is not one of them.

Back end of August and has already hit 3 goals for us, I think if he stays fit all season you could get 15 goals out of him. He’s not a goalscorer at premiership level but he’s always been competent in the championship 

He’s been an excellent addition so far 

Edited by qpfc

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Back end of August and has already hit 3 goals for us, I think if he stays fit all season you could get 15 goals out of him. He’s not a goalscorer at premiership level but he’s always been competent in the championship 

I was surprised Zac lasted until half time, you could see he was carrying an injury from the 1st minute.

7 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

I was surprised Zac lasted until half time, you could see he was carrying an injury from the 1st minute.

Pretty workmanlike performance today, deserved the 3 points against a toothless and every other phrase you can think of Airdrie....

Personally think you had a couple of extra gears if you needed them..

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

Agree with you - excellent addition so far, but he works better with a poacher besides him, he's a builder not a finisher.

15 goals in the Championship would be great for him (might achieve that, I agree) but we still need a striker besides him, someone who finishes what he builds.

Central defenders problem aside, this is an interesting (if not short...) squad assembled, just lacking that n9.

Edited by SpiderFromMars