The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 17/09/2024 at 16:53, starshot131 said:

No, they *can't* have him back

He's ours now

I wouldn't worry about it.

36 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

My thinking is less about the powerful draw that returning to St Johnstone might be, and more about a growing realisation that those that run QP aren’t quite up to the sales pitch. 

Yeah he had an unhappy time with us when we had a structure to "help" recruitment, so I imagine he won't be hugely pleased at how you've (i think) changed the set up since he came in. He seems to have no real luck tbh.

But I've said before I don't think he's a quitter so he'll fight that, and for good performances, as long as he possibly can. If he chucks it and resigns then you'll know the club is trying to force things onto him and forcing him out.

13 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Pathetic.

Annoying. Dinner in Annan rather than lunch I guess.  Never been but hear good things about the place. Anyone know any good pubs or restaurants there?

Edited by Stuntiethumper

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Annoying. Dinner in Annan rather than lunch I guess.  Never been but here good things about the place. Anyone know any good pubs or restaurants there?

The Shed used to be popular but it’s been a while. The social club at the ground was busy with B&W the last time we visited. Opens at HT too. Although I notice they do hospitality now which would probably be in the bar area. So much change in the last 5 years😟 Probably best to check with the Annan guys. 

14 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Annoying. Dinner in Annan rather than lunch I guess.  Never been but hear good things about the place. Anyone know any good pubs or restaurants there?

Why has it been changed to the Friday night, is it on the telly?

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah he had an unhappy time with us when we had a structure to "help" recruitment, so I imagine he won't be hugely pleased at how you've (i think) changed the set up since he came in. He seems to have no real luck tbh.

But I've said before I don't think he's a quitter so he'll fight that, and for good performances, as long as he possibly can. If he chucks it and resigns then you'll know the club is trying to force things onto him and forcing him out.

I don't think we've changed the structure. He knew we were focussing on bringing in kids; that he was allowed to bring in the likes of Sheridan was a result of our dire situation and very real threat of relegation.  Perhaps telling that the guy is not with us this year, despite the terrific success he was. We've learned that signing a stack of promising 20 year olds with no first team experience won't work in this division, but we're not signing too many guys past their best just to bring in that experience.

The infrastructure at QP to support him is outstanding, despite all our many gripes in other areas. He'd be daft to leave that and go back to a club where probably half the fans wouldn't be too happy to see him again.

20 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I don't think we've changed the structure. He knew we were focussing on bringing in kids

Meant in terms of who deals with what. Have you not, shadily, hired an agent as your Director of Football, then he hired a Head of Recruitment, since Davidson joined?

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

It’s Accies - Morton on Alba. What’s Gaelic for ‘bumped for a boozy brunch’? 

If it is not on the telly, why is it not being played on the Saturday or the Sunday with a 3pm start and why have the club agreed to this?

3 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

If it is not on the telly, why is it not being played on the Saturday or the Sunday with a 3pm start and why have the club agreed to this?

Because Annan have an event on in their social club/building on Saturday afternoon that they have sold tickets for.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Meant in terms of who deals with what. Have you not, shadily, hired an agent as your Director of Football, then he hired a Head of Recruitment, since Davidson joined?

The club communicated to the supporters' association how transfers work, at least in theory Davidson has the say on who he wants in for the first team then it's the other mob's job to actually go and get them

I don't think we've signed anyone he's disliked so far in his tenure so I'd guess it's working out