Kelty

Dunfermline

Montrose

QoS

Alloa

Peterhead 

Clyde

Edinburgh City

Absolute punt, I don't know enough about anyone else but looks like Falkirk are putting together a decent squad and have a weird but competent manager. I think we scrape the play offs behind all of our "rival" teams. 

Ach it's a bit of fun. Will maybe do another just prior to the big kick off. At the moment: 

Falkirk

Airdrie                                             

Queen of the South                     

Dunfermline Athletic   

Alloa Athletic                     

Peterhead                                     

Montrose                                       

Kelty Hearts                                   

Clyde

Edinburgh City                      

Edited by Salvo Montalbano
Formating

The law of averages suggests a club the size and the resources of Falkirk will get it right eventually. McGlynn is surely a massive step in the right direction here. The only issue for me is that they were miles off the pace last year, so there needs to be a big improvement from those getting kept on and/or a big turnover of playing staff. I think Dunfermline should be strong, Airdrie probably missed their chance last season and Kelty an unknown quality after Thompson's departure.

At the other end, hopefully the capital's big team can stay in league. I have my doubts, but sticking them down for an 8th place finish.

Falkirk

Dunfermline 

QOS

Airdrie 

Montrose

Kelty

Alloa

Edinburgh City 

Peterhead

Clyde

Not a chance I'm predicting a full table yet, but this is going to be a fascinating league (as are the Championship and League 2 which similarly have no standout favourite). You've got 6 clubs who'd view failing to make the top four as either a step backwards or outright failure, and for some of them a sackable offence. You've also got Alloa who probably fancy their chances of competing for it too.

When the lineup of the division was confirmed Queen of the South were probably the one of those 6 that you'd have most concern about, but their recruitment has started fairly well although it remains to be seen how good a manager Gibson is. Question marks over Airdrie and Kelty due to managerial changes as well.

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Not a chance I'm predicting a full table yet, but this is going to be a fascinating league (as are the Championship and League 2 which similarly have no standout favourite). You've got 6 clubs who'd view failing to make the top four as either a step backwards or outright failure, and for some of them a sackable offence. You've also got Alloa who probably fancy their chances of competing for it too.

When the lineup of the division was confirmed Queen of the South were probably the one of those 6 that you'd have most concern about, but their recruitment has started fairly well although it remains to be seen how good a manager Gibson is. Question marks over Airdrie and Kelty due to managerial changes as well.

Think Dundee are or should be a big favourite in the Championship to be fair. Obviously awaiting a managerial appointment but any half decent one should see them Champions I reckon

Gibson just seems like a good guy which is massive and probably why he’s managed to make some good signings. Also a cracking player by the way, probably the best right back I saw at Gayfield last season

On 04/06/2022 at 10:32, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

The law of averages suggests a club the size and the resources of Falkirk will get it right eventually. McGlynn is surely a massive step in the right direction here. 

Around about the 12th of never.

Budget size has nothing to do with it.  £1500 a game last season for a former Scotland international being a prime example.

Maybe McGlynn won't be the Falkirk manager that coaches the football out of decent players.

Only time will tell.

45 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Around about the 12th of never.

Budget size has nothing to do with it.  £1500 a game last season for a former Scotland international being a prime example.

Maybe McGlynn won't be the Falkirk manager that coaches the football out of decent players.

Only time will tell.

Course it does 

That’s just a mismanaged budget..

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Could you imagine how bad Falkirk and ourselves would be if we had made the same crap decisions but had a poor budget?  

Might’ve have players with more fight for a start, instead of ones that think they’re too good for this league!

20 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Look at Airdrie, look at Montrose. We have by no means a poor budget, but nowhere near as big as Falkirk and Dunfermline’s….

Look at what about them? If you made your budget much smaller would that make you better? 

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Edinburgh City will be bottom unless they radically revamp their squad. Probably the worst team to come up in recent years. 

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. But for a season at least we're a league above you.

And two above Spartans and four above Whitehill Welfare to be parochial about it...

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Look at what about them? If you made your budget much smaller would that make you better? 

No not at all. All I’m trying to say is Airdrie and Montrose both had a smaller budget than Falkirk last season and both finished in the playoffs, miles ahead of Falkirk points wise. Two teams with hard working players that were collectively hard to beat over the course of the season. And then you look at Falkirk who massively underachieved, giving away cheap goals every single week and losing 4-1 and 3-0 at home to Airdrie and Montrose. When on paper, that should not be happening due to their squad and budget, but the hungrier team won on the day. Which brings me to my point that having a hard working team that play for each other is half the battle, instead of having a expensively put together team of individuals that think they’re too good for League 1. I’m in no way saying that you can’t have both a big budget AND a good team on the park. 

7 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

No not at all. All I’m trying to say is Airdrie and Montrose both had a smaller budget than Falkirk last season and both finished in the playoffs, miles ahead of Falkirk points wise. 

Because Falkirk were very poorly managed and squandered there budget on pish, there's absolutely no train of logic that says that if Falkirk has less money, they'd somehow be better.