Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's no confusion, i was mistaken thinking it was Tom brown who voted when it was George Fraser as which ever oen did the casting vote, id say they did it out of greed, knowing there would be a backlash

🤣🤣    I think its delusional people if being honest.  Tom Brown want the guy who gave the castling vote, but the corruption stands against him and anyone who denies this is an egit.  He was on the official catch up podcast and said the Conference league was coming, no matter what Highland and Lowland league voted for. So again, was he delusional or was he gotten to, and you can decide what way but no matter it was corrupt

You continue to allege that the SFA and associated organisations as well as named individuals are corrupt. I do hope you can prove these very serious charges. You may have to.

20 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

ETA that's before you even discuss the issue of licensing for potential LL/HL champions

AFAIK all clubs in the HL and LL are licensed. It's a condition of entry.

15 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

AFAIK all clubs in the HL and LL are licensed. It's a condition of entry.

Bronze licensing is now needed for the SPFL. The scaremongering on that might be a hardline with no grace period. Even though a grace period exists now for Tier 5 champions to meet additional SPFL standards and League One promoted teams to the Championship.

59 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

You continue to allege that the SFA and associated organisations as well as named individuals are corrupt. I do hope you can prove these very serious charges. You may have to.

Whilst you may have a good point there is it really likely that any person or organisation referred to is likely to want to hold themselves up to scrutiny whether in a Court of Law or in the Media?

Answer: No. Not a chance. 

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bronze licensing is now needed for the SPFL. The scaremongering on that might be a hardline with no grace period. Even though a grace period exists now for Tier 5 champions to meet additional SPFL standards and League One promoted teams to the Championship.

A grace period will likely be required this year as according to the SFA list Cumbernauld is the only team in the Highland/Lowland leagues that has a bronze licence. For some upgrading may be easy e.g. meeting conditions on a qualified physiotherapist or club doctor, but for others it will be more difficult, possibly considerably so in some cases.

On 17/01/2024 at 19:50, Alberto Spencer said:

The teams play 9 games in their season. I would suggest that is hardly enough to be considered a proper league. Those teams fill their time with bounce games - of a very varying standard which is unlikely to benefit young players.

If the Old Firm and their Edinburgh hanger on club took part in the Reserve League then it would have more teams and thus more matches, and the standard of player would likely increase.

Edited by craigkillie

20 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

So Bonnyrigg and Kelty have good management, good money and were organized.  

Of course there can be automictic regulation, two down and the champions of Highland and Lowland go up and the 3rd bottom place of the SPFL2 playoff against the winners of 2nd place Lowland and Highland, That means 3 teams relegated form a 10 team league and what's wrong with that.  Season 21/22 in the WOSFL premier division had a 20 team league and 7 were relegated,  one of the best and most exciting season ever and you didn't know who was being relegated until the final kick of the ball in the 21/22 Play-off final between Tranent and Darvel.  SO the comment, ONLY a ten team league doesn't wash

So it's possible, even under the present "unfair" system. Which undermines your argument more than a bit.

Of course there can be automictic regulation.

There may be automatic relegation; but it's so unlikely to come about you might as well cry for the Moon. Why on Earth should any Tier 4 club vote for a 20% chance of relegation? Even newly promoted ones won't do that.

On 19/01/2024 at 19:47, rockson said:

So it's possible, even under the present "unfair" system. Which undermines your argument more than a bit.

Of course there can be automictic regulation.

There may be automatic relegation; but it's so unlikely to come about you might as well cry for the Moon. Why on Earth should any Tier 4 club vote for a 20% chance of relegation? Even newly promoted ones won't do that.

Anyone can get promotion if they are run well, good management, good intelligent committee,, good ideas to grow the club and or money to spend etc...  if it was true that teams like Cowdenbeath, East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers etc.. had above in the club then there would be a good chance they would not have been relegated from the SPFL2 but they were, same as any team that has been relegated, just not run as well as the teams who have not been relegated.

Agreed most wont vote for things that will put their team on a shaky nail even if they know there will be a backlash for voting NO for automatic relegation.  Every one of us has a view on why the relegation and promotion should be for each division in the Scottish Pyramid System

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Pmsl, aye Ok
Neil Doncaster the SFA chief executive is named as director of the 'Scottish Conference league Limited' incorporated in 9th May 2023. No wonder he tried to keep his mouth shut and have Maxwell be the front of the main push.  Yeah and he became director to make sure it was run correctly.   Sorry if this is not corruption then i do not know what is.  What would you call it, Brazil Forever? friendly banter

Tom Brown who did not have the casting vote to incorporate B teams into the Lowland league, was the chairman who said on the official Catchup Podcast, (23rd Aprfil 2023 Series #123) That the conference league was going ahead no matter what Highland league voted for or what the Lowland league, (he is chairman of), no matter what they voted for.  No is that is not a conflict of interests in regards to his role as chairman of the Lowland league.   Sorry if this is not corruption then i do not know what is. What would you call it, Brazil Forever? friendly banter

Civil Service Strollers were the team, I'm informed, that voted that relegation should not be looked into for the Lowland league until the SPFL2 open up relegation, is this self preservation or knowing that it is shafting's the rest of Scottish football from tier 6 down

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pmsl, aye Ok
Neil Doncaster the SFA chief executive is named as director of the 'Scottish Conference league Limited' incorporated in 9th May 2023. No wonder he tried to keep his mouth shut and have Maxwell be the front of the main push.  Yeah and he became director to make sure it was run correctly.   Sorry if this is not corruption then i do not know what is.  What would you call it, Brazil Forever? friendly banter

Tom Brown who did not have the casting vote to incorporate B teams into the Lowland league, was the chairman who said on the official Catchup Podcast, (23rd Aprfil 2023 Series #123) That the conference league was going ahead no matter what Highland league voted for or what the Lowland league, (he is chairman of), no matter what they voted for.  No is that is not a clash of interest and is a conflict of interested in regards to his role as chairman of the Lowland league.   Sorry if this is not corruption then i do not know what is. What would you call it, Brazil Forever? friendly banter

Civil Service Strollers were the team, I'm informed, that voted that relegation should not be looked into for the Lowland league until the SPFL2 open up relegation, is this self preservation or knowing that it is shafting's the rest of Scottish football from tier 6 down

Do you understand the meaning of the  word corruption?

People voting in a way/taking decisions you may not agree with does not make them corrupt.

40 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Do you understand the meaning of the  word corruption?

People voting in a way/taking decisions you may not agree with does not make them corrupt.

I understand the meaning of corruption, by sounds of it you don't.  Here this might help you out>
dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

Tom brown is chairman of the Lowland league but he is telling everyone and the Lowland league that no matter what they do the conference is coming. that is just not a conflict of interests, its worse, why is he saying these things either he is delusional, (could be that), or (he's been told by other parties to make sure everyone gets onside with a yes vote) and he was that dumb, he said it on the official catch up that the conference was coming no matter what happens.  My view, (and truly cannot understand how anyone would think otherwise), this is a guy in power is he being dishonest or fraudulent and what is the reason for this

Neil Doncaster, the chief executive of the SFA, then becomes a director of a league that is not even formed and he pushes it, along with others to have it formed. As his main job is chair executive of the SFA is this not a conflict of interests.   Again   A guy in power is he being dishonest or fraudulent and what is the reason for this, well he did become a director of a company that he wanted inserted into the Scottish pyramid league at tier 5.

It is scary how people like you and others on previous posts are totally ignoring this.  Genuinely no wonder Scottish Football is the way it is with people having all their own agenda that fecks up Scottish Football

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I understand the meaning of corruption, by sounds of it you don't.  Here this might help you out>

Tom brown is chairman of the Lowland league but he is telling everyone and the Lowland league that no matter what they do the conference is coming. that is just not a conflict of interests, its worse, why is he saying these things either he is delusional, (could be that), or (he's been told by other parties to make sure everyone gets onside with a yes vote) and he was that dumb, he said it on the official catch up that the conference was coming no matter what happens.  My view, (and truly cannot understand how anyone would think otherwise), this is a guy in power is he being dishonest or fraudulent and what is the reason for this

Neil Doncaster, the chief executive of the SFA, then becomes a director of a league that is not even formed and he pushes it, along with others to have it formed. As his main job is chair executive of the SFA is this not a conflict of interests.   Again   A guy in power is he being dishonest or fraudulent and what is the reason for this, well he did become a director of a company that he wanted inserted into the Scottish pyramid league at tier 5.

It is scary how people like you and others on previous posts are totally ignoring this.  Genuinely no wonder Scottish Football is the way it is with people having all their own agenda that fecks up Scottish Football

It would help if you knew the difference between the SFA and the SPFL in the first place

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It’s astonishing how inaccurate one post can be.  Given your recent efforts you do seem to have a world class talent for this though.

You keep chucking darts at the board blindfolded pal.  Eventually you’ll get one in the general direction.

Is it really factually accurate that the SFA has a veto over the number of non B team clubs in the LL ? Just asking as it has been mentioned lots of times.

Just now, Dev said:

Is it really factually accurate that the SFA has a veto over the number of non B team clubs in the LL ? Just asking as it has been mentioned lots of times.

Yes - they need to agree to any League rule change and advised they did not wish LL to expand beyond 16 so would not sanction a rule change allowing for an increase 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes - they need to agree to any League rule change and advised they did not wish LL to expand beyond 16 so would not sanction a rule change allowing for an increase 

Thanks.

Does this also mean that the LL cannot alter the relegation arrangements with Tier 6 Leagues without the written consent of the SFA?

On 20/01/2024 at 08:47, Cowden Cowboy said:

It would help if you knew the difference between the SFA and the SPFL in the first place

Pmsl,  aye ok, is that your get out, saying a guy who doesn't know the difference between SFA and SPFL when you don't know him,  you asked for the proof and sorry I came back late and typed it out, speaking to Maxwell personally a few times in the past and you could see his aim is to get to the top and stand on anyone/team in his way.
You know what, this has all went on with the full knowledge of the top of the SPFL, (Neil Doncaster - chief executive of the SPFL), SFA, (Ian Maxwell - chief executive of the SFA) and of course Rangers and Celtic. The thing about you, is that your the sort of keyboard warrior on here if you dislike someone, even when they are right, which obviously I am, you always try the negative crap,  one of the laughable things is Rangers pulling out of the conference league in a huff, so shafting their own boys , when days before saying the Lowland league is perfect for their young players development
At the end of the day you know its true and if your denying it, even on here, well its showing you up, let others have their opinion of me as I know they will certainly have an opinion of you if they are of a clear mind.

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

It’s astonishing how inaccurate one post can be.  Given your recent efforts you do seem to have a world class talent for this though.

You keep chucking darts at the board blindfolded pal.  Eventually you’ll get one in the general direction.

🤣 your just saying words with nothing concrete, I've proven it, showed the reason why, the facts, dates etc.. and you have ignored it and try and put the poster down.  Shows more about you that anything else.  Yeah I believe its corrupt and you don't.  They all tried to get B teams in a conferences league and it was dishonest to the extremes