Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I quoted that above. "Disregarding" a position is meaningless when the club's results against all other teams matter. It's nothing but an administrative fiction created to enable them to put a runner-up into the promotion play-off.

Besides, the Lowland League don't respect it anyway. They don't produce a final table without the B teams.

And I'd bet heavily that if/when a B team wins the league they'll get the trophy and all the ceremony.

I agree with you.  It's a complete clusterf**k that the league seem to be publicly ignoring their own published rules.

I'd also suspect no-one would have even thought about it unless the Cowden poster had raised it.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I agree with you.  It's a complete clusterf**k that the league seem to be publicly ignoring their own published rules.

I'd also suspect no-one would have even thought about it unless the Cowden poster had raised it.

That is so true, thats what I was thinking

If he hadn't mentioned it, even the league wouldn't have realized what problems that potentially lay ahead 🤣🤣.

The thing is, they cant even put the league on the official website without adding the B teams even though they are not included.
I'm now thinking that most honest chairman ever, Thomas brown, having all the chairmen of the member clubs in a meeting and saying "Now listen, shooosss, keep quiet, Don't worry about the if and buts and the league table on the official website, you all have moved up two places, but don't tell anyone else, it will cause confusion"  😵‍💫😵‍💫

42 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yep, I'm with you.

People disagreeing and then agreeing and settling on a common position on a football message board. This is surely the end of days.

B team finishes first (or first and second), the next best placed team are crowned Champions and enter the play-off.

B team finishes 18th (or 17th and 18th), the next worst placed team are considered bottom and if a team is to be relegated, it's them.

Agree? good, can we move on from B team chat now 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Burnieman

3 hours ago, Cannibal said:

Indeed.  Once they force the B teams upwards maybe we'll get the C teams in the LL

The B teams are not going further up the pyramid, in my eyes they shouldn't be there at all

49 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

B team finishes first (or first and second), the next best placed team are crowned Champions and enter the play-off.

Only if they meet the SPFL licence requirements?

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's no fact that Cowdenbeath finished in 8th position 🤣🤣.
With all teams including B teams Cowdenbeath finished 10th

If you take away the B teams, you must take away the results as the teams change positions, thus some lose out of it some gain and again, Cowdenbeath finish 10th.

I have helped you out even worked out the table with the games included and then not included.

You would be best to show me some sort of proof that this is true as you say, conveniently you cant source it, aye and no wonder.
its honestly the daftest things I've ever heard.
I can imagine you in a room with Albion Rovers, Caledonian Braves and Stirling Uni supporters telling them you finished in 8th place at their expense  lolool  really is so funny the more i read into it

I can source it but won’t exhibit it on here and to you 

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

B team finishes 18th (or 17th and 18th), the next worst placed team are considered bottom and if a team is to be relegated, it's them.

Agree? good, can we move on from B team chat now 🤦‍♂️

Ok can we talk about teams getting rewarded for failure ?😂 trust trophy

13 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Ok can we talk about teams getting rewarded for failure ?😂 trust trophy

You're a bad man, haven't we done that one already?

I don't think we have done the relegation/promotion issue between tier 5 & 6 for a while though.

Personally I'd like to see a deep dive into Caledonian Braves following that Yanks spearing of them on YT, maybe a doorstepping of Chris Ewing in Paris?

Please note that from Saturday the 31st August the refreshed Dishington Lounge within Cliftonhill will be open on Matchdays.

With a new Bar Installation which opens at 1pm closing at 2 45pm then reopening after the final whistle till 6pm. There shall be a choice of draft as well as bottled/canned drinks.

This will operate on a Card Only basis

9 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You said:

You are trying to split hairs - Cowdenbeath were officially 8th in last season’s table not 10th.  Thus the B teams were effectively removed from the final table - disregarded is just another word for the same concept

You saying disregarded is another word for the same concept and your saying Cowdenbeath were officially 8th not 10th when they are not and thats official.  Officially Cowdenbeath finished in 10th place.

I'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

Last season I'm going with 3 other teams who finished round about your points total

Albion Rovers    34  12  10  12  43  36  + 7  46
Cowden             34  12  10  12  55  56  - 1   46
Uni                       34  13   7  14  50  53  - 3  46
Braves                34  12   9  13  47  43  + 4  45

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B  I work it out at the following:

Albion Rovers    30  12  9   9  39  29  +10  45    7th place
Braves                 30  11   8  11   41  32   + 9  41     8th place
Uni                        30  11   7  12  47  49   -2   40    9th place
Cowden              30  10  8  12  46  49  -3   38    10th place

So in retrospect  Cowdenbeath would still finish in 10th place if the results from the B team were expunged.   More than happy for anyone to check my math and apologies if wrong

Last Seasons Table with B teams removed

Screenshot_20240828_202033_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

How much is it in the WoSFL out of interest?

Don't know but almost sure it's more than zero...or at least it was in the Juniors! Muhahaha!

Edited by jimbaxters

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

See above - all has been explained 

I understand. My point is the rule is a slight of hand. An insurance policy to be relied upon in a worst case scenario.

I'm not denying the rule exists but that it is isn't applied and won't be until it's seen as necessary.