Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You never know how close a club is to meeting Bronze, it could just be one thing in each category. Their last review was June 23 so they could have met the Bronze criteria a year on, just need to wait on the next update.

tbf it would be funny if they did get a Bronze licence as I'd love to see what the minimum criteria looks like especially in terms of a glorified cage.

They have nowhere near the amount of covered seats required for a bronze license.

3 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

They have nowhere near the amount of covered seats required for a bronze license.

I totally agree with you, whoever did the interview is talking rubbish

10 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Moving to Broadwood. Need the room for their growing number of owners. Going to keep the cage for training, youth teams and their B team after winning promotion 😉

Edited by FairWeatherFan

13 hours ago, To B or not B said:

No, they have precisely the number of covered seats required, but having checked their highlights that's all they have so will need an extra 400 capacity covered area built somewhere.

On 10/09/2024 at 23:01, GordonS said:

Yeah, it's 100 covered spaces for Entry, 500 covered spaces for Bronze, and from 2025 Bronze includes a requirement for 100 covered seats. I think Alliance Park has cover for 100.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11172/sfa-club-licensing-manual-2024.pdf 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 23.00.00.png

The club closest to this in the West would be Talbot and Medda, I am sure there main issue is having a doctor at all home games from when they achieve license. I can't see any of WoS teams currently close to this however when you factor in EK at bronze and Caley braves then perhaps some not as far away as it seems. 

I am sure the most likely team to come up this season is Clydebank have quite a bit of work to do to achieve bronze, this includes a new carpet for the pitch and seated provisions along with the doctor required. 

I feel the LL will have many teams trapped for some time. 

36 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

The club closest to this in the West would be Talbot and Medda, I am sure there main issue is having a doctor at all home games from when they achieve license. I can't see any of WoS teams currently close to this however when you factor in EK at bronze and Caley braves then perhaps some not as far away as it seems. 

I am sure the most likely team to come up this season is Clydebank have quite a bit of work to do to achieve bronze, this includes a new carpet for the pitch and seated provisions along with the doctor required. 

I feel the LL will have many teams trapped for some time. 

You don't need Bronze for the LL, you only need Entry. WoSFL clubs don't need to worry about Bronze until they get promoted.

It's premature to talk about trapped clubs when nobody has been trapped and I'm sure those with a realistic chance of winning the LL are working on contingency plans, but we'll see. The last couple of seasons clubs have been trapped in the WoSFL, which is a more immediate problem.

Does look like the SPFL are pulling up the drawbridge just a little more every few years. But they can only go so far without making life too difficult for their own members.

On 07/09/2024 at 07:17, newcastle broon said:

Holding my beer awaiting a response from @Burnieman :thumsup2:whistle 

Not sure why yer asking me, I was in Lisbon and have no idea who played in that game.  Looks like the usual tired moans that hold no water though.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure why yer asking me, I was in Lisbon and have no idea who played in that game.  Looks like the usual tired moans that hold no water though.

Yer usually an advocate for not much changes to the Hearts B team 11 every week. Looks like more than a few were made last week going by reports on here. 

24 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yer usually an advocate for not much changes to the Hearts B team 11 every week. Looks like more than a few were made last week going by reports on here. 

Well if people were concerned they could have a look around the internetty and find out.  Calum Sandilands has a knee injury and presumably is out for a while.   James Wilson was in Spain with Scotland U19's by the looks of it.  Nae idea about Pollock or Tait.  I think there's also another 2 or 3 on long term injury list.

Looking at the line-up it was consistent with the Gretna one where they were pumped, but no complaints then and yes, Hearts are pretty consistent with their line-ups when everyone is available, amongst the most consistent in the league.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

You don't need Bronze for the LL, you only need Entry. WoSFL clubs don't need to worry about Bronze until they get promoted.

It's premature to talk about trapped clubs when nobody has been trapped and I'm sure those with a realistic chance of winning the LL are working on contingency plans, but we'll see. The last couple of seasons clubs have been trapped in the WoSFL, which is a more immediate problem.

Does look like the SPFL are pulling up the drawbridge just a little more every few years. But they can only go so far without making life too difficult for their own members.

I am talking about the same situation in WoS Beith never had entry license required for LL, in the LL very few have a bronze license required for SPFL. My point was the teams in the WoS who could achieve bronze the easiest and I said Talbot and Medda seem to be the most geared up should they wish to go for it. 

23 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

I am talking about the same situation in WoS Beith never had entry license required for LL, in the LL very few have a bronze license required for SPFL. My point was the teams in the WoS who could achieve bronze the easiest and I said Talbot and Medda seem to be the most geared up should they wish to go for it. 

There are a number of teams in the LL who could get a bronze licence with a little effort, some have stated this publicly.  

Don’t think there is any real point in needing bronze while in the Lowland and the extra costs that entails (eg Doctor) for no obvious benefit.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

There are a number of teams in the LL who could get a bronze licence with a little effort, some have stated this publicly.  

Don’t think there is any real point in needing bronze while in the Lowland and the extra costs that entails (eg Doctor) for no obvious benefit.

Having a licence gets upi in to the Scottish Cup

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The is a very marginal higher payment from the SFA for having a better licence but that money would go quickly vs the higher costs. I think it's entirely sensible to have everything lined up and ready but not committing to the higher costs until needed.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

The is a very marginal higher payment from the SFA for having a better licence but that money would go quickly vs the higher costs. I think it's entirely sensible to have everything lined up and ready but not committing to the higher costs until needed.

Entry level (£4k payment), Bronze (£8k), Silver (£12k), Gold (£15k) or Platinum (£20k). This is from 2020 so guessing the payments have gone up a bit. Someone on here whos a club secretary etc might be able to give updated figures.

1 hour ago, JCScouting said:

Entry level (£4k payment), Bronze (£8k), Silver (£12k), Gold (£15k) or Platinum (£20k). This is from 2020 so guessing the payments have gone up a bit. Someone on here whos a club secretary etc might be able to give updated figures.

Those are the usual minimum's, but it some years they've paid as much as £12k to Entry. In recent years there have been a bonus payment on top as a result of Euro qualification and hence more money into SFA coffers.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

That's the sensible way to approach it, do the easy/low cost stuff but stop short until it looks like you may have to go for it, which kinda demonstrates that it's not setting out to do what it should be doing if clubs deliberately hold back until absolutely neccesary.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Those are the usual minimum's, but it some years they've paid as much as £12k to Entry. In recent years there have been a bonus payment on top as a result of Euro qualification and hence more money into SFA coffers.

Our mad Dutch pal Marten seems to have taken a dislike to my posts and gone on a mad red dotting frenzy. Oddball.

Just now, Burnieman said:

Our mad Dutch pal Marten seems to have taken a dislike to my posts and gone on a mad red dotting frenzy. Oddball.

Only a response to your pathetic red dotting of 2 of my posts in this thread, so I'm getting you back. 

I never had any issues with you before but you asked for this.