Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve already ripped up the season ticket that I’ve not bought yet, burnt me bra and am in the process of hiring a small plane to fly a banner round Cowdenbeath for an hour saying ‘Cowden oot the SPFL Trust trophy, it’s the right thing to do’

I’m starting a hunger strike to protest about our invite but have scheduled it for the hours that I’m sleeping. You have to take a stand against this type of discrimination. 

It's definitely a bit of a nonsense selection and we don't deserve to be there on sporting merit, but it has been quite funny to see people react like it's a moral outrage on par with the SPFL introducing racial segregation. Rest assured, we'll waste the £5K or whatever it is we get. 

7 hours ago, Spyro said:

It's on the people at they clubs to show a bit of integrity though, and they've already proven they have none so that's on them. I'd be mortified if it was my own team but it's not my team and if they want to be the joke-teams in the cup while they finish 3rd and 4th bottom of the Lowland League then let them.

😀😀😀

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Only 5 from the Highland League, 8 from the LL.

My mistake, assumed it would be equal. 

Assume that is down to 11 B Teams instead of 12 from the Premiership making it an uneven number.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Have any Tranent fans put in their tuppence worth on their clubs exclusion ?  or are they having a silent dignified protest vigil.

News hasn’t reached down there yet, maybe tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

My mistake, assumed it would be equal. 

Assume that is down to 11 B Teams instead of 12 from the Premiership making it an uneven number.

You would have thought Livi or Dundee Utd could have made up the numbers, it's not like there are any rules who qualifies. Would've been a shame for Bo'ness United though, or EK, who knows?

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You would have thought Livi or Dundee Utd could have made up the numbers, it's not like there are any rules who qualifies. Would've been a shame for Bo'ness United though, or EK, who knows?

Ross County never entered a side in 23-24 edition so assume they've opted not to enter again.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Ross County never entered a side in 23-24 edition so assume they've opted not to enter again.

Yup, heard they'd scrapped their u20 team.

Amazing how I've gone from having a soft spot for Cowdenbeath while they were in the Championship to actively hoping they get relegated from the Lowland League within the space of about a decade. An utterly shameless football club.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Amazing how I've gone from having a soft spot for Cowdenbeath while they were in the Championship to actively hoping they get relegated from the Lowland League within the space of about a decade. An utterly shameless football club.

And there we are, someone has pinned all the blame for this on Cowdenbeath, as I expected would happen, thanks Craig.   

There is a difference between pinning the "blame" on Cowdenbeath, which I clearly haven't done, and pointing out that the club is being absolutely shameless in accepting these entirely undeserved invitations to participate in competitions they have no business being in. The posts from the fans on the last couple of pages sum this attitude up too, not even a tiniest glimmer of embarrassment about the whole thing, just gloating.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There is a difference between pinning the "blame" on Cowdenbeath, which I clearly haven't done, and pointing out that the club is being absolutely shameless in accepting these entirely undeserved invitations to participate in competitions they have no business being in. The posts from the fans on the last couple of pages sum this attitude up too, not even a tiniest glimmer of embarrassment about the whole thing, just gloating.

This is it. At least the other team's fan admitted it was wrong and were openly pretty embarrassed. Cowdenbeath fans seem to have absolutely no shame at all and would rather play the victim and take the piss when anyone questions their club's decisions.

Totally different breed over there to Berwick, Shire and Albion Rovers fans who come across a really decent bunch

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Don’t see you ranting on Berwick, ES or Albion forums but it’s all a bit of banter so calm doon min.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Have any Tranent fans put in their tuppence worth on their clubs exclusion ?  or are they having a silent dignified protest vigil.

They haven’t noticed as too busy trying to work out an excuse how to sack Ian Little so they can get Robbie Horne in.

I can only speak for myself, and not the support as a whole, but when this unexpected news came out yesterday with no context for the decision, it was entirely predictable how it would go on here.

Presumably in the absence of any hard and fast rules about who should be asked if spaces in the come available, the SPFL have invited their recent former members and the best of the LL/HL.

Is that fair to the clubs who did better last season than we did? No, it’s probably not, and I said that yesterday right away. The Linlithgow fan who was very vocal yesterday had an absolute right to be pissed off, but to expect me to write to Cowdenbeath asking them to not take their place was downright bizarre (sorry Gordon).

I probably should have just sat in the background and watched the frothing, most my comments on these types of subjects are gentle piss taking of people who take things far too seriously. The only people who have a righteous rage on the subject are fans of the likes of Linlithgow, in the almost complete absence of fans of the other affected teams on here.

But if it makes Spyro and others feel better to rage at a wee club in the Lowland League because he thinks Donald is controlling everything from a secret underground lair in Fife, then crack on.

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I can only speak for myself, and not the support as a whole, but when this unexpected news came out yesterday with no context for the decision, it was entirely predictable how it would go on here.

Presumably in the absence of any hard and fast rules about who should be asked if spaces in the come available, the SPFL have invited their recent former members and the best of the LL/HL.

Is that fair to the clubs who did better last season than we did? No, it’s probably not, and I said that yesterday right away. The Linlithgow fan who was very vocal yesterday had an absolute right to be pissed off, but to expect me to write to Cowdenbeath asking them to not take their place was downright bizarre (sorry Gordon).

I probably should have just sat in the background and watched the frothing, most my comments on these types of subjects are gentle piss taking of people who take things far too seriously. The only people who have a righteous rage on the subject are fans of the likes of Linlithgow, in the almost complete absence of fans of the other affected teams on here.

But if it makes Spyro and others feel better to rage at a wee club in the Lowland League because he thinks Donald is controlling everything from a secret underground lair in Fife, then crack on.

Think if spfl had gave a reason how they came to how teams were invited would have helped. Not sure if linlithgow will be running a bus to Cowden this coming season.

29 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Think if spfl had gave a reason how they came to how teams were invited would have helped. Not sure if linlithgow will be running a bus to Cowden this coming season.

What is it with you guys and boycotts, did you not try that last season as well?

Again, why are we being singled out, unless you are another paranoid one who believes Cowden are controlling everything?  Will you be boycotting Berwick, ES and Albion Rovers as well? Bizarre.