Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Was going to have a look at your team and how they are doing/have done recently, but then realised I really don’t give a shit. 😉

You're going to have to soon enough 👍

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You're going to have to soon enough 👍

Had a peek at the West of Scotland junior premier league table or whatever it’s called. Yeah, you’re doing ok but early days.  Are you guys one of the ones with ambition to break free from the comfort zone or happy to play Ayrshire derbies every other week?

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Had a peek at the West of Scotland junior premier league table or whatever it’s called. Yeah, you’re doing ok but early days.  Are you guys one of the ones with ambition to break free from the comfort zone or happy to play Ayrshire derbies every other week?

It's the West version of where you'll be soon so you need to get the name right 😉

I'm not the right person to ask but I'm sure Talbot will reach where they want to be.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's the West version of where you'll be soon so you need to get the name right 😉

I'm not the right person to ask but I'm sure Talbot will reach where they want to be.

I think the chances of us dropping down are a lot lower than of you guys coming up.  Maybe see you in the Lowland in a couple of years if you can remove yourselves from the comfort of the WOS teat. 😉

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think the chances of us dropping down are a lot lower than of you guys coming up.  Maybe see you in the Lowland in a couple of years if you can remove yourselves from the comfort of the WOS teat. 😉

Or maybe we can wave to each other on the way past 👋

There's nothing to worry about really. Your attendance will go shooting up when you have the Hill of Beath and Crossgates Primrose derbies.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Or maybe we can wave to each other on the way past 👋

There's nothing to worry about really. Your attendance will go shooting up when you have the Hill of Beath and Crossgates Primrose derbies.

We shall see my good man, we shall see. Will need to remember to revisit this in a couple of years. 😉

On the subject of derbies, that is one thing I think we are suffering from crowd wise. A lot of the teams in the central belt benefit greatly from being close to one another, we are out on a limb a bit, like a couple of others in the league, but nowt can be done about that. 

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

You know fine well what league it is and called. 

The team you support messed up so badly it's literally in the worst run league anywhere in the football world , a league with zero integrity on and off the park, a total abomination of a set up .

Congratulations on the 8th?  10th?  12th  place finish last season and the storming start to this season in well 13th 🤡🤡🤡

1 hour ago, Parkranger said:

You know fine well what league it is and called. 

The team you support messed up so badly it's literally in the worst run league anywhere in the football world , a league with zero integrity on and off the park, a total abomination of a set up .

Congratulations on the 8th?  10th?  12th  place finish last season and the storming start to this season in well 13th 🤡🤡🤡

That was a rather easier wind up than I thought. 😉  Easy mistake to make though when there still appears to be a Junior Cup, no idea why that’s still in existence on this day and age.

As for your other two paragraphs, water off a ducks back.  The actual experience of supporting a team in the Lowland League is far different from the hysterics of a few on here, mostly who don’t follow teams in the LL.  

Ironic that the LL is an ‘abomination’ and the ‘worst run league in the football world’ (a bold claim) when the winner of the WOS juniors last couple of years can’t even reach the criteria to progress. 

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

West Superleague.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

That was a rather easier wind up than I thought. 😉  Easy mistake to make though when there still appears to be a Junior Cup, no idea why that’s still in existence on this day and age.

As for your other two paragraphs, water off a ducks back.  The actual experience of supporting a team in the Lowland League is far different from the hysterics of a few on here, mostly who don’t follow teams in the LL.  

Ironic that the LL is an ‘abomination’ and the ‘worst run league in the football world’ (a bold claim) when the winner of the WOS juniors last couple of years can’t even reach the criteria to progress. 

The two you have been talking to are really trolls, the difference is one of them says he supports a team and doesn't even go to watch them and the other one just likes to red dot anyone who doesn't fit in with his narrative and beliefs about his level of football and both have never watched a Lowland league match so in reality they haven't a clue what they are talking about. That is an Actual FACT

My view

It's all ifs and buts, but the strength of the Lowland League is at its best this season, superseding last season but so has the WOSFL premier, there are many teams right now in the premier who would easily be in the top 6.  I don't think this season any one of them would win it but definitely improve the league without a shadow of doubt and if 3 or 4 of these teams were in the Lowland league right now, the positions where the lowland teams are placed right now, then the majority be drastically lower and none of those 3 or 4 would be in the bottom 8.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Caledonian Braves have the chance to go joint top of the league tonight with a win over Stirling uni. 

Linlithgow should take 3 points at home to East Stirling, as they start to climb further up the table. 

Tranent should look to bounce back with a home win against GFR. 

Edited by Connor7

4 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Behaviour change in sports comes down to more than one club, naturally. Would you include my own club in this?

I have no idea but if Largs didn't apply when the Lowland League purposefully left two spaces open for clubs from the West of Scotland (and that comes from someone ITK) then they can't complain about being late to the party. 

Strong team that Hearts C have out tonight.  f**king shambles. Get these teams out the league. Ruining it.

No Tait, no Wilson, no Sandilands off the top of my head, but hey these B teams don't influence the league.  Utter shite.

Edited by Marooneye