Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

32 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I thought the rules for 'B' teams were 5 games in the first team and you are out of the B's.  Is that correct?

Because if so Hearts flouted the rules on Saturday against Bo'ness, by playing Lewis Neilson, who has already made 10 league appearances this season (4 starts & 6 subs), as well as games in the League Cup and Europe.  Don't they have enough of an advantage already? 

From their programme it also looks like he played against the Shire and Stirling Uni recently too.

Is there not something about after the winter transfer window it resets? sure I read that here somewhere, or I could be talking utter guff

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

Is there not something about after the winter transfer window it resets? sure I read that here somewhere, or I could be talking utter guff

That was only the 1st season.  doesn't apply this year.  

Although to be honest, who really has the slightest clue about what rules do and dont apply to these B teams.

Farse.  Get them launched!

3 minutes ago, oldandround said:

That was only the 1st season.  doesn't apply this year.  

Although to be honest, who really has the slightest clue about what rules do and dont apply to these B teams.

Farse.  Get them launched!

Cheers for correcting me, was unsure if was still a thing.

100% agree on your thoughts on the B teams. In the bin.

Listened to the Official Catchup this morning where they interviewed the chair of the LL, main points were  - 

1. Conference will start 24/25

2. SPFL are in agreement (As are HL)as it gives a “soft landing”

3. Plan to have the 3 champion clubs from tier 6 promoted at end of 23/24 to fill the gap left by those going to the conference.

4. Permanent plans for increased ventilation will be looked at.

5. SFA insisted on 24/25, SPFL wanted 23/24.

I am sure I’ve missed stuff, so apologies, but that is the gist of it.

19 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Listened to the Official Catchup this morning where they interviewed the chair of the LL, main points were  - 

3. Plan to have the 3 champion clubs from tier 6 promoted at end of 23/24 to fill the gap left by those going to the conference.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

55 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

All he said was that the HL had been informed of the conference proposal, not that they approved of it, and that he had been advised that L2 clubs approve but didn't say where he got this from, or how many of them. 

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

All he said was that the HL had been informed of the conference proposal, not that they approved of it, and that he had been advised that L2 clubs approve but didn't say where he got this from, or how many of them. 

Apologies, I may have misunderstood that bit.

58 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Creetown licensed. 

This year's entry fees split amongst LL clubs. 

Highland & Lowland champions still play off with automatic promotion to the Conference. Loser into a play-off with 2nd bottom of Conference. 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Creetown licensed. 

Highland & Lowland champions still play off with automatic promotion to the Conference. Loser into a play-off with 2nd bottom of Conference. 

Cheers, I knew I had missed a chunk out.

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The £7,500 each isn't actually handed out, it covers membership fees and paying for refs etc. I wonder how much Parks are paying on top to make it all worth it?

P.S. I heard this wrong, explained below.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

The £7,500 each isn't actually handed out, it covers membership fees and paying for refs etc. I wonder how much Parks are paying on top?

I’m pretty sure he said it was handed out to clubs, which I had confirmed from a club rep last week.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The £7,500 each isn't actually handed out, it covers membership fees and paying for refs etc. I wonder how much Parks are paying on top?

He specifically said this year's money was given directly to the clubs. Next year hasnt been decided what will happen. 

14 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I’m pretty sure he said it was handed out to clubs, which I had confirmed from a club rep last week.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He specifically said this year's money was given directly to the clubs. Next year hasnt been decided what will happen. 

Aye, I misheard that. He said that for next season the £120 thousand wouldn't even cover the referee fees so they might just hand over the money straight to the SFA. I'm pretty sure in a previous interview he said the money was used to cover clubs' membership and insurance costs, he also said something about covering LL social media costs as well, maybe I'm mixing up B-team fees and Parks sponsorship money.

Edited by welshbairn

There are few enough Highland League teams seriously interested in promotion to League 2, far less this mickey mouse Conference whimsy. If the SFA's aim is to demolish a national pyramid they're going the right way about it.

So basically it's going to be a 6 team league. What an absolute abomination.

The establishment are proving beyond any doubt they care not a jot about any aspect of Scottish Football; its all about appeasing, bowing sown to those two. 

We can't even tell them to feck off to Europe or the moon once this is in place. They will have ready made teams already in the pyramid.

Why is the establishment ruining our pyramid just as it is sorting itself out.

Conference League; that will be a boring forum.