Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

10 hours ago, annan4eva said:

In no way am i avoiding answering your question. Can you please tell me what obtaining a license entails please?

Im trying to understand why a club with say Lockhars long standing history would not have one.

Further to Welshbairns info. Then clearly every club must have a license. The SFA must make that straightforward, once obtained the criteria for stadia must be established if a club is to progress ( Creetown still play on a cow field in essence ) with a time scale to get stadia up to scratch.

14 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Further to Welshbairns info. Then clearly every club must have a license. The SFA must make that straightforward, once obtained the criteria for stadia must be established if a club is to progress ( Creetown still play on a cow field in essence ) with a time scale to get stadia up to scratch.

Creetown has invested a lot in their facilities over the last few years.  It may still be located in the middle of a cow field, but is now enclosed with floodlights, cover, toilet and disabled facilities.

Edited by Footballfirst

On 28/04/2023 at 18:39, annan4eva said:

In no way am i avoiding answering your question. Can you please tell me what obtaining a license entails please?

Im trying to understand why a club with say Lockhars long standing history would not have one.

The SFA website has all the information about licensing that you need. A 'long standing history' is not a factor.

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Creetown has invested a lot in their facilities over the last few years.  It may still be located in the middle of a cow field, but is now enclosed with floodlights, cover, toilet and disabled facilities.

And as a club they must be commended for this for sure. The playing surface is all important IMO. I hope it’s next on the list ( please be grass !! )

On 29/04/2023 at 18:51, Footballfirst said:

To be fair the pitch lets the rest of the ground down. 

What they can do about it though is another matter.

I was at the Shire game today (first time in ages). Not a great spectacle, and there was a funfair pumping techo music next to the ground. We were very blunt up top and missed a pen in the first half. Colts were the better team overall imo. This Bright Prince guy who was playing up front for us - holy moly, the definition of a big gallut.

All the best to Colts in the semis - could be wrong but I think they are playing Stirling Uni, and EK against Bo'ness in the other?

3 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I was at the Shire game today (first time in ages). Not a great spectacle, and there was a funfair pumping techo music next to the ground. We were very blunt up top and missed a pen in the first half. Colts were the better team overall imo. This Bright Prince guy who was playing up front for us - holy moly, the definition of a big gallut.

All the best to Colts in the semis - could be wrong but I think they are playing Stirling Uni, and EK against Bo'ness in the other?

Cumbernauld v Bo'ness 

50 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Hello guys! You’ll be hearing a bit more from us next season. 

Hail the Gallant 🌹 

The mods will need to increase the size of the LLland storage to accommodate all the lovely banter between you and your friends in Borrowstouness 🤔 or however it's spelt. 😉😉

6 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The mods will need to increase the size of the LLland storage to accommodate all the lovely banter between you and your friends in Borrowstouness 🤔 or however it's spelt. 😉😉

Just missing one  n

40 minutes ago, John S said:

Just missing one  n

I'll take that as a win seeing as it was 3am and I'd just driven back from Mancland.