Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I don’t disagree, but it’s amazing what self preservation will do to committees.

Finally you have said it.

Do not try to dress it up as any thing other than self-preservation.

The clubs who vote against opening up to Tier 6 are only interested in themselves not the future growth off the pyramid.

What this says is that we need a proper non-league authority representative of Tiers 5 through to 10. Not separate league's looking after their own interests.

In no way should 16 clubs be holding to ransom the rest of the system.

#ScottishPyramid FA.

3 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

No it’s not, but until they move it’s unlikely tier 5 will, so it’s stalemate.

Or will the clubs come up with another excuse to keep Tier 6 clubs moving in at a trickle.

They are linked for obvious reasons. Tier 5 want automatic promotion into tier 4, so rightly or wrongly they are doing the same to the tiers below.

Utter drivel. What happens Tier 4 to 5 is irrelevant to this.

Are clubs like yours scared if too many clubs come up from WOS you won't be able to attract the same quality of players to remain competitive in LL land?

3 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Dress it up whatever way, amounts to the same thing.

It's very much not the same thing. The SPFL, frankly, don't give a shit if it's difficult to get promoted from tier 6 to tier 5. The LL are playing against someone who's not sitting at the table.

It's a convenient (and obvious) excuse to hide their shitebaggery and hypocrisy.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

Utter drivel. What happens Tier 4 to 5 is irrelevant to this.

Are clubs like yours scared if too many clubs come up from WOS you won't be able to attract the same quality of players to remain competitive in LL land?

No matter how much you think is drivel it is a fact, it has a direct bearing on the decision making of certain tier 5 clubs.
At this moment in time it looks like another year with no WoSFL club coming up so it’s not really a factor at this moment.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's very much not the same thing. The SPFL, frankly, don't give a shit if it's difficult to get promoted from tier 6 to tier 5. The LL are playing against someone who's not sitting at the table.

It's a convenient (and obvious) excuse to hide their shitebaggery and hypocrisy.

Good, some SPFL input. While tier 5 is not sitting at the same table as tier 6, it is with tier 4, so can you explain from an SPFL perspective why they won’t open up?

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

No matter how much you think is drivel it is a fact, it has a direct bearing on the decision making of certain tier 5 clubs.
At this moment in time it looks like another year with no WoSFL club coming up so it’s not really a factor at this moment.

In all seriousness how many of the club's voting against opening up to Tier 6 have ever been in a position to challenge for Tier 4 promotion.

Be honest with us it's a convenient excuse being used by clubs.

I should say certain clubs.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

In all seriousness how many of the club's voting against opening up to Tier 6 have ever been in a position to challenge for Tier 4 promotion.

Be honest with us it's a convenient excuse being used by clubs.

No clue, and I think I’ve already said it was self preservation??

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Good, some SPFL input. While tier 5 is not sitting at the same table as tier 6, it is with tier 4, so can you explain from an SPFL perspective why they won’t open up?

I'm actually not the SPFL, believe it or not. I'd like to see automatic promotion between all tiers.

There aren't more promotion places between tiers 5 and 4 because of self-preservation, obviously.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

I'm actually not the SPFL, believe it or not. I'd like to see automatic promotion between all tiers.

There aren't more promotion places between tiers 5 and 4 because of self-preservation, obviously.

No different to tier 5 then.

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

No clue, and I think I’ve already said it was self preservation??

Good on you for your honesty and not dressing it up. To be fair to you at least you come on and converse with the forum, can't think of any others from LL land clubs who do.

Also don't think your club should worry in the short term, have watched both your teams this season and despite what the snobs from trad clubs say, you have a great wee setup and a decent 1st team, and deserve your place at the Tier5 table.

You did things the right way; entered the only league open to you, won it and earned promotion. 

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

Good on you for your honesty and not dressing it up. To be fair to you at least you come on and converse with the forum, can't think of any others from LL land clubs who do.

Also don't think your club should worry in the short term, have watched both your teams this season and despite what the snobs from trad clubs say, you have a great wee setup and a decent 1st team, and deserve your place at the Tier5 table.

You did things the right way; entered the only league open to you, won it and earned promotion. 

It’s the only way to be, although not everyone will agree 😂.

I’ll be honest and say that I am a fairly recent convert to the Braves having watched from afar for a good while. I initially saw them at Annan a Couple  of times and took an interest from there. However I do like an “underdog” and that’s why I’ve tried to get behind them. 

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The clubs have to vote it through and League 2 clubs won't vote in favour as that's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

BUT they should be thinking about the bigger picture and how difficult it is to get back into the SPFL if and when they do drop out. No club has come close to getting back in yet.

I realise the HL/LL split complicates things a bit but it should be 10th place relegated and 9th place into a Play Off like the rest of the leagues. Means there's something for the other clubs in the HL and LL to play for as well.

No different to tier 5 then.

In that respect, no, of course not. The point I'm taking issue with is the characterisation of this as some kind of Mexican stand off between the LL and SPFL. It's not. The LL are generally bemoaning the lack of "ventilation" at the top whilst blocking it at the bottom and then you've got folk trying to justify that by pointing the finger at SPFL clubs. It's just silly.

At least half of the LL clubs know they'll get cleaned out sharpish with increased promotion and relegation between 5 and 6. This is the only reason they're not voting for it. It's not some stand off with the SPFL.

Criticising one organisation doesn't mean defending another. For all that the Pyramid has been a positive move, self-preservation and short-sightedness and the grip that's allowed to have on decision-making is harming the game in this country from top to bottom.

8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

At least half of the LL clubs know they'll get cleaned out sharpish with increased promotion and relegation between 5 and 6. This is the only reason they're not voting for it. It's not some stand off with the SPFL.

Criticising one organisation doesn't mean defending another. For all that the Pyramid has been a positive move, self-preservation and short-sightedness and the grip that's allowed to have on decision-making is harming the game in this country from top to bottom.

You could say exactly the same about SPFL2 though. 

Until someone opens up and has the balls (similar to what Kelty done and broke away from their organisation) to get behind a change its sadly the same old same old discussions on various threads to which i agree is indeed harming the game. 

Edited by newcastle broon

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You could say exactly the same about SPFL2 though. 

Until someone opens up (similar to what Kelty done and broke away from their organisation) and has the balls to get behind a change its sadly the same old same old discussions on various threads to which i agree is indeed harming the game. 

Can't really since SPFL2 clubs don't have any real say in anything in a 42 club membership.

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can't really since SPFL2 clubs don't have any real say in anything in a 42 club membership.

I'll put in my two penneth worth;

What is needed is a non-league board/association.

We have this hotch-potch setup of different,self-interested leagues with most members looking out for themselves with no interest in the development/evolution of the game.

With a governing association there could and should be a structured, well thought out plan covering the whole of the non-league setup.

And yes I realise this is Scottish Football which always acts to harm itself.

11 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The direct bearing being 'let's try and use this utter whataboutery, as an excuse to prolong our tinpot league for another 12 months'.