Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

7 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Might sound daft but would that really be a step up? Seems more like a sideward step. Unless Clyde have a bit of money coming in that can make them successful?

Given the way Darvel seemed to run out of money as soon as he left, I'd imagine Clyde's finances will improve if and when he arrives.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given the way Darvel seemed to run out of money as soon as he left, I'd imagine Clyde's finances will improve if and when he arrives.

East Kilbride have been pushing for promotion for a few seasons now so seem unlikely to go down the same route financially as Darvel in my opinion.

MK clearly has a pool of players he likes though so may have a mid season rebuild on their hands.

17 minutes ago, aidan-bufc said:

East Kilbride have been pushing for promotion for a few seasons now so seem unlikely to go down the same route financially as Darvel in my opinion.

MK clearly has a pool of players he likes though so may have a mid season rebuild on their hands.

I think he's smart enough though to know as he moves up the pyramid, he will need better players. He's not going all the way to The Championship, or SPFL with the core of the boys he has had at Darvel and now EK.

I'm sure he would take a few with him but realistically he will need a stronger squad to get Clyde up the leagues than what he has at EK.

32 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I think he's smart enough though to know as he moves up the pyramid, he will need better players. He's not going all the way to The Championship, or SPFL with the core of the boys he has had at Darvel and now EK.

I'm sure he would take a few with him but realistically he will need a stronger squad to get Clyde up the leagues than what he has at EK.

I’m not entirely sure he will go to Clyde, seems like a better job at EK, given the resources available to him.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Would imagine he'd be better off staying at EK at this stage. It's very likely they will be a League Two club next season, after all.

His ego knows no limits and Clyde are an established SPFL Club with history and a potential good fanbase if successful. EK are walking the league but not exactly bursting at the seams on match-days so makes sense that he would want the bigger gig.

Downside is a SPFL gig might invite some unwanted scrutiny tho.

11 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

His ego knows no limits and Clyde are an established SPFL Club with history and a potential good fanbase if successful. 

Clyde have been jobbing from one Legoland hovel to another for 30 years now. There's absolutely nothing relevant to suggest potential for a good fanbase - only nostalgic pish. 

5 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

The guys hes had at Darvel and EK have been League One/Championship quality players so its a bit silly to suggest that Clyde in League 2 would be beyond them especially with Clydes current position and how the bottom L2 side has fared even with the preferential play off system in their favour over the last 5 years.

42 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

His ego knows no limits and Clyde are an established SPFL Club with history and a potential good fanbase if successful. EK are walking the league but not exactly bursting at the seams on match-days so makes sense that he would want the bigger gig.

Downside is a SPFL gig might invite some unwanted scrutiny tho.

Potential fan base where? Rutherglen? Cumbernauld? Hamilton?