Broxburn Athletic

9 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

I thought a few weeks back the team had turned a corner and there were some improved performances and results were mostly positive, but last few weeks it all seems to have nosedived again.

Wasn't able to make today's game... apparently there is some large festivity coming soon meaning I had to go into town... but I'm going to assume it was a fairly flat and inconsistent performance?

Thought we were lucky to take a point in all honesty.  Not sure why because last week they fielded almost two different teams against Spartans in a friendly and looked decent both half’s 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Scored relatively early and you’re thinking great they will kick on from here but just didn’t happen.

It the story of our season, it looks like we've turned the corner then we nose dive for a few weeks. And to have a squad where we fielded 2 different teams in a friendly, we shouldnt be mid table and out of the scottish early. 

The team can't blame injuries. Of course we've got more injuried, our squad is huge. More players, more injured. Probably the same ratio as every other club

How many get relegated this season? If its 3 then this could be an issue

9 minutes ago, albynpark said:

It the story of our season, it looks like we've turned the corner then we nose dive for a few weeks. And to have a squad where we fielded 2 different teams in a friendly, we shouldnt be mid table and out of the scottish early. 

The team can't blame injuries. Of course we've got more injuried, our squad is huge. More players, more injured. Probably the same ratio as every other club

How many get relegated this season? If its 3 then this could be an issue

Yeah 3x down and 3x up, I think with the current form of VOL and Oakley this season, Broxburn should be fine to avoid that last 3rd relegation spot but I also said I felt with their squad should be challenging in the top 3 haha. 

8 hours ago, fanfromafar said:

Yeah 3x down and 3x up, I think with the current form of VOL and Oakley this season, Broxburn should be fine to avoid that last 3rd relegation spot but I also said I felt with their squad should be challenging in the top 3 haha. 

VOL and Oakley look certainties to go down, plus one more. We should be okay as we are still picking up points but like you I think we should be challenging at the top not looking over our shoulders.  

The large number of players brought in don’t seem to have added much which is a bit disappointing.

On 04/12/2022 at 19:54, Jordi1977 said:

Two teams do already look gone and there are currently 6 other teams below us in the running for the 3rd relegation spot. I can't see ALL of them overtaking Broxburn...

Screenshot_20221204_195302_Samsung Internet.jpg

Neither can I as we are picking up points here and there.  The worrying thing is that all but the bottom two have taken or should have taken points off us.  So if the malaise continues and we get dragged in, it could happen.  I did expect a slow start because of the number of new players coming in but thought by now we would be beginning to mount a challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

Well santa brought me a nice new Broxburn Athletic scarf... so seems I wasn't as naughty this year as I thought. 

It'll definitely get a wee outing on hogmanay!

Merry Christmas to my fellow Badgers out there... hopefully santa also brings us a bit more consistency!

Today anyone that was there to see it got the proof that Broxburn are far behind Linlithgow in every department and however you measure it.

The sole positive was the Broxburn goal. Good run/cross and well finished by big Errol. Other than that, 2nd best all day. Showed a bit of fight in the first half, but chasing shadows in the 2nd.

5-1 for Linlithgow and on top of that they hit the woodwork 3 times, so it could have been more. Really disappointing way to end the year

25 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Think today was maybe just the result and performance that broke the camels back... but Broxburn now looking for a new manager.

Screenshot_20221231_175023_Facebook.jpg

Should have gone long ago!  Take no satisfaction in saying that.  Selection/tactics and man management baffling at times.  Today was another example playing 433 against the team with the best wide men in the league.

Lithgae could have taken6/7 quite easily but the formation made that possible.  

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

No.  I’d take Brian and Hissy back in a heartbeat but don’t think that will happen 

I'd be happy with Hissy. I was always impressed with him when Brian was away. But I think we have more chance of getting David Martindale back.

I still would like to see us backing an u20s team. Giving youth a chance in the first team. They also used to watch us on match days, any extra support helps. So hopefully the new guy will push for that. 

2 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Should have gone long ago!  Take no satisfaction in saying that.  Selection/tactics and man management baffling at times.  Today was another example playing 433 against the team with the best wide men in the league.

Lithgae could have taken6/7 quite easily but the formation made that possible.  

I think he gets a little benefit of the doubt given the injuries... but yeah despite of that, this far into the season a solution could have been found and that managed better.

The results, while not always great haven't been too much of the issue, but the performances. Too many flat and toothless ones. And that must come down to man management. 

He's had a good go at it... but it really hasn't worked out and this season just hasn't started.

Edited by Jordi1977

Honestly not sure who I fancy for it.

Who is even available that may be interested?

Do we look for someone young with ambition that had some new ideas?

Or do we find someone experienced that can steady things and be a quick, short term fix to some of the issues?