Broxburn Athletic

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

My holiday begins at Albyn Park, the speed and movement, along with some good finishing was enough for Brox. Fair play to VOL who kept going, maybe their level is the division below - where possibly their mistakes wont get punished so often. Nice set up and a decent pint in the bowls club too.

Typical holiday weather lol.

Did you try the pies?

2 hours ago, Marooneye said:

How's young Bremner started?

He was really good today. Quiet last week on his debut but today showed why we bought him. He built up the play for the first goal and settled the nerves. My man of the match. He could be a really good fit for us.

2 minutes ago, albynpark said:

He was really good today. Quiet last week on his debut but today showed why we bought him. He built up the play for the first goal and settled the nerves. My man of the match. He could be a really good fit for us.

Good player, hope he does well.

Sam North was at the game yesterday. I actually know one of the Northern Irish groundhoppers he met, I went with him to Larkhall last week & Cambuslang the week before.

Edited by Marten

A 2-2 draw today at home against lowly Oakley United. So ends a run of 3 consecutive home games where anything less than 9 points seemed unthinkable... and ended up with just 4 points!

I don't actually think Broxburn played too badly today. Created more than enough chances to comfortably win the game. But too many shots were rushed and went way off target and I lost count of the number of goal line clearances and last ditch takles from Oakley that saved them.

These last two are something Broxburn could look at and learn from. Hard to say Oakley didn’t deserve their point. There was a proper togetherness about them and while they had much less of the ball, they fought for everything and competed in every area. There was always someone looking to back up/cover their teammate.

By contrast, there was a lot of bickering amongst some of the Broxburn players, at least one full argument and a couple of petulant throwing toys out the pram moments. 

The position Broxburn are in this season is really looking more attitude than ability.

Going from what I saw today, Oakley will pick up a few more points before the season ends. I think they know they are gone, but all the players look to have bought into being a unit and fighting for everything and going down with some pride restored. Couple of their players looked pretty decent... liked the look of their number 7, wouldn't mind him in our side if the chance arose.

Edited by Jordi1977

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Typically, Broxburn go and win again when I can't make it along! Seeing as I also won't be able to get to the next couple either, this will confirm if I am a curse to them...!

yer a curse to everyone else! :P

Terrible performance today. It looks like we've given up and decided to be relegated.  you can see who have their eyes on their next club for next season so they don't go for even 70/30 challenges or come to a ball when required. We are too slow on the ball and then caught in possession, but is this because of players just going through the motions and not wanting the ball? Maybe a bit of both

With 10 games left, we could easily go on a run and lose all 10 of them.  

This Tuesday, Linlithgow will be a heavy defeat, surely we won't play 3 upfront against them. Imagine if we do 🤪 

4 minutes ago, albynpark said:

Terrible performance today. It looks like we've given up and decided to be relegated.  you can see who have their eyes on their next club for next season so they don't go for even 70/30 challenges or come to a ball when required. We are too slow on the ball and then caught in possession, but is this because of players just going through the motions and not wanting the ball? Maybe a bit of both

With 10 games left, we could easily go on a run and lose all 10 of them.  

This Tuesday, Linlithgow will be a heavy defeat, surely we won't play 3 upfront against them. Imagine if we do 🤪 

Serious danger of going down. Can’t blame the current management as they inherited most of the players bar a couple. Last manager got far too long and should have been gone by October. 

Think it’s a mixture of unhappy players and players not caring but we need a minimum of 6 points to stay up and just can’t see where we are going to get them.

They won't go down, other teams around there are worse.

Still always amazes me how teams at this level always go from one short term fix to another.

And old tried and tested names.

The starting point has to be a plan, then pick a manager that Amy be able to deliver it. Not pock a manager and let him have a plan. 

If that's not the case, you shouldn't be running a football club.