Broxburn Athletic

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Looked more organised today and a very welcome win. ย Hopefully it will help confidence. ย 

Yeah looked more solid around the midfield. I've often thought we've lacked in midfield and seemed low on numbers, but today totally competed in there and won that battle.ย 

Game was pretty low on quality due to the conditions, but the midfield looked structured and as well as moving us forward, consistently broke up their play.

15 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Yeah looked more solid around the midfield. I've often thought we've lacked in midfield and seemed low on numbers, but today totally competed in there and won that battle.ย 

Game was pretty low on quality due to the conditions, but the midfield looked structured and as well as moving us forward, consistently broke up their play.

Old management wouldnโ€™t play 442 or 451 which the squad is best suited too. ย When they have played that they have been decent and solid. ย Whilst I agree it was relatively low quality we didnโ€™t look like conceding (goal was a mistake/ weather), which was pleasing.

22 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Any news on the new Management Team?

Not seen or heard anything... all seems very quiet on that.

Hopefully a case of lots of interested people put themselves forward that have a decent background, so committee need time to speak to all.

4 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Not seen or heard anything... all seems very quiet on that.

Hopefully a case of lots of interested people put themselves forward that have a decent background, so committee need time to speak to all.

Heard on the grapevine that they were interviewing some people but not got any names or details. ย Iโ€™m sure there would be interest as it is a good gig.

8 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Heard on the grapevine that they were interviewing some people but not got any names or details. ย Iโ€™m sure there would be interest as it is a good gig.

Can only assume with the silence so far that there has been plenty of interest in it and enough of them with a suitable enough calibre that interviews are taking a while to get through.ย 

Hopefully some news soon. It's a good chance to give a boost to the 2nd half of the season. And as you say, it's a good gig to get.

Iย  reckon Brian McNaughton is helping out or asked to take the job. And Steve Pittman was in attendance on Saturday. Either way I think we'llย  limp on to the end of the season before a decision is announced.

ย 

Maybe the target might want to finish the season with who he's with.ย  Who is still in the cups with a smaller team? ๐Ÿค”ย 

Heard from at least 3 local coaches that theyโ€™ve tried to enquire about the role without any reply/ success.

Take from that what you will, but it looks as though having not advertised they must have their eye on someone. If theyโ€™ve already been interviewing hopefully those that have been in contact will get some sort of communication soon and an appointment made.

Just announced on Facebookย 

ย 

New management team confirmed.
Broxburn Athletic are delighted to announce that Stevie Pittman, assisted by Derek McWilliams and Billy McPhee, has today agreed to be the next manager of the club. Itโ€™s a trio of former Albyn Park players with all three previously playing for the Athletic. Derek and Stevie moved into management on the back of successful playing careers, playing together at Partick Thistle in the mid-90s, with Pittman counting East Fife, Dundee and a number of American clubs including the Kansas City Wizards and 3 international caps for the United States in his back catalogue. Billy comes to Broxburn from his current roles as Academy administrator at Livingston FC.
Welcome to The Brox Stevie, Derek and Billy!

Just seen the news too.

Nice to have it resolved.

I think everyone had a sneaky suspicion that's the way the club were heading.

All guys that know the club, so hopefully they hit the ground running and it sees Broxburn making a strong end to the season.ย 

Shouldnโ€™t have got rid of Scott McNaughton! Pittman has been a manager before for Broxburn. Never think itโ€™s a good idea for an ex- to come back. Scott should have been given the rest of the season. No chance than Broxburn would go down, so Scott would have had a great opportunity (or not) over the remaining fixtures to show the committee he was good enough for being given the post permanently.ย 

51 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Shouldnโ€™t have got rid of Scott McNaughton! Pittman has been a manager before for Broxburn. Never think itโ€™s a good idea for an ex- to come back. Scott should have been given the rest of the season. No chance than Broxburn would go down, so Scott would have had a great opportunity (or not) over the remaining fixtures to show the committee he was good enough for being given the post permanently.ย 

Nah, I think he was part of the problem. If he was given it, I would of got behind him but its the right time for a change of direction.ย 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Started his audition for the job playing 3-5-2. That got horsed several times this season even by VOL. Itโ€™s like he wasnโ€™t watching what was going on ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ. ย Nice lad but not up to it. This season is now about building for next year. We have a poor record there so not reading much into it.

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Started his audition for the job playing 3-5-2. That got horsed several times this season even by VOL. Itโ€™s like he wasnโ€™t watching what was going on ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ. ย Nice lad but not up to it. This season is now about building for next year. We have a poor record there so not reading much into it.

Itโ€™s your team, so you will know more than me. But, he was in charge of team with beat HoB 3-1. Canโ€™t remember reason why Pittman left last time? Was it to go to a better/different team, or was he sacked?ย 

27 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

tโ€™s your team, so you will know more than me. But, he was in charge of team with beat HoB 3-1. Canโ€™t remember reason why Pittman left last time? Was it to go to a better/different team, or was he sacked?ย 

Not sure about last time Pitman was here. He had help in the HoB win ๐Ÿ˜Š, who I would take back in a heartbeat but not on their agenda ๐Ÿ˜ญ