Broxburn Athletic

2 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

......Can’t blame the current management as they inherited most of the players bar a couple.....

I am. Cause it was a good squad they got. And even today I hear they are still trying out players to see what they're like. After 7 games and a few friendlies, you would be hoping they had a first 11 picked. Formation seems wrong as well and that stops at the management

Current management records read as Played 7, won 2, drawn 1, lost 4. Thank goodness for VoL and Preston as that record could be reading a lot worse

41 minutes ago, TheLad said:

They won't go down, other teams around there are worse.

Still always amazes me how teams at this level always go from one short term fix to another.

And old tried and tested names.

The starting point has to be a plan, then pick a manager that Amy be able to deliver it. Not pock a manager and let him have a plan. 

If that's not the case, you shouldn't be running a football club.

4 could possibly go down mind.

2 hours ago, albynpark said:

Cause it was a good squad they got.

On paper yes (lots of big name signings) but on the park no. Can’t think of any one of the new signings (there were 14) who has improved us this year. 

Warning signs were there after 3 games when we struggled big time against K&D from the first division and very obvious when we went out the SC to Dunipace.

Current management inherited at shitshow which is going to be a huge job to turnaround. 

Certainly glad that I missed this one! A shocking result! Losing to any team by that scoreline is bad... but a team below you in the league, fighting against you for relegation... awful.

That's two home thrashings recently from teams below us at the time.

Linlithgow will no doubt easily get the job done to knock us out the cup in midweek. Musselburgh are really on form just now and I can only see them adding to the poor league results next week... and likely another big scoreline. 

We have maybe just enough points to beat relegation... but other than the two that are gone, the others all do look like they can pick up points here and there... Broxburn, I just can't see where points will come from. All remaining games are against teams above us, most of them away from home.

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

That worse Blackburn team has taken 4 pts out of 6 off you this season. 

You also have to face Oakley and VOL which you should win which will make up the current points gap.  I don’t think Blackburn are worse Burnieman. There was not much between us this season. One win each and one draw says it all.

We don’t appear to have any fighting spirit which is crucial in a relegation dogfight. I know Blackburn have.

I don't think Blackburn are worse either... in fact they look the team that have enough goals in them to get safe... like post above, fully expect them to get the results against bottom 2 sides when they play... and that could also get close to wiping out any negative goal difference. 

I think Blackburn will be in the Premier next season.

To stay up, just play 541, back to basics and grind out points. Instead of what we have been doing which seems to leak goals at the wrong end. Lets be hard to break down first then the results will take care of themselves. Don't use 352. 

7 Hard league games to go and it may go down to the wire, points against Inverkeithing, Dundonald and Crossgates will do it. Anything from mussleburgh, jeanfield, haddington or Penicuik would be a bonus.

12 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

I don't think Blackburn are worse either... in fact they look the team that have enough goals in them to get safe... like post above, fully expect them to get the results against bottom 2 sides when they play... and that could also get close to wiping out any negative goal difference. 

I think Blackburn will be in the Premier next season.

I hope so, after Saturday's performance you wouldn't give us a sniff but it was hopefully just a blip. Mussy were very good and we were very bad.

We know we're in the thick of a relegation dog fight just like last season. Maybe some Broxburn people need to re-adjust their thinking because you're on the edge of it.  Hill of Beath are improving and have plenty games in hand, I'd expect them to pull clear.  Us, Tynecastle and Inverkeithing are the three scrapping, and we all have games in hand over Broxburn who have a tough run-in.

11 hours ago, albynpark said:

To stay up, just play 541, back to basics and grind out points. Instead of what we have been doing which seems to leak goals at the wrong end. Lets be hard to break down first then the results will take care of themselves. Don't use 352. 

7 Hard league games to go and it may go down to the wire, points against Inverkeithing, Dundonald and Crossgates will do it. Anything from mussleburgh, jeanfield, haddington or Penicuik would be a bonus.

Can’t disagree with that. We have scored 51 but unfortunately we have lost that amount too. 

I’d go 451, 541 or 442 for the rest of the season and be hard to beat. Don’t have the players to go 352, 433 or 4231.

Tonights formation suited us better and I hope we keep it for the next game. it looked like a formation the team as a whole believed in.  I would go into Saturday exactly the same as we did tonight.  Just a bit tighter outside the box, to stop the shots and we will be picking up points

Couldn't make it last night, but I figured it was a bit of a write-off anyway... which maybe made it a bit pressure off for the team too.

By comments above, sounds like a few boxes ticked to hopefully push through with to end of season!

All set for a nice Saturday night out in Musselburgh now...

Went tonight and not a fan of either club but thought it would be a cracking Cup Tie. 

Thought Linlithgow started better but Broxburn grew into the game. Thought Errol Douglas caused problems for Linlithgow all night and Brox should have been Infront as they missed a sitter in first half.  

The second half Broxburn didn't start the same and a good linlithgow too advantage of that. Said to the boy next to me that it wasn't a 4-1 game. The late second goal and pressure made it feel we might have got a grandstand finish as Broxburn finished strong but it was not to be